The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I think G is Bison-like in that he can harness the energy emanating from external sources. Rose and possibly Menat by default can do it too. Sure, Bison augments this ability’s reach and his storage capacity with science, but fundamentally it is what G is doing. Except G doesn’t have Black Moons to inspire and act as conduits for this external energy, he has social media and the physical planet.

Now I don’t know what are the physical limits of G’s body but it’s likely very high (considering that his body physically changes to meet and reflect the demands of his power surge) which means he has top tier potential.

G is likely an avatar or became an avatar for a force in the SF universe (earth element/unity/harmony), much like Bison’s power evolution lead him to becoming an avatar for evil and discord.

1 Like

Who else thinks Sagat’s story in SFV is one of the worst ideas ever? I mean, it could have worked in SFIV, but in SFV where Ryu puts the SnH behind? Is that really the time to understand the nature of Ryu’s struggle, Sagat? Like, where have you been all those years? Lame story is lame.

2 Likes

Anyone posted Sagat’s arcade endings yet?

In SFVI everyone will catch Satsui no Hado, just wait and see.

Try that on my Shin Cammy (now with an Hadouken)!

3 Likes

You don’t know what true fear is until you’ve witnessed Violent Abigail. His Tatsu-VroomVroom technique has even struck unspeakable horror into the soul of Bison.

@Daemos

I hope it helped, I know the SFV ending was already up but not the others.
5 Likes

I disliked it not for Ryu, but for Sagat himself

He looked so cool in SF4 (and SFxTK) as ex villain now “peaceful” leaving the whole evil bullshit behind to focus on knee peoples in the head with pure free spirit

The warrior path and all that

The SFV mountain training looked like the right way, then… this

4 Likes

I just find the whole SnH story boring. Time to move on from that

9 Likes

On one hand it was nice seeing Sagat beating the fuck off the SnH as the King he is. On the other hand the SnH should never have been a thing to start with, even less so now so far in Sagat’s character.

1 Like

I hope it’s something that gets resolved in this game, if a 2nd story comes. Sagat is struggling, Ryu helps, the end. While on one hand it helped Sagat respect Ryu and understand him more, it was far too late for that. This is something that would’ve made more sense if it was in Alpha or SF4.

This SnH “I’m suffering” thing needs to stop. We had this arc for 22 years.

4 Likes

They are moving on from that.

Ryu - Clear.
Nash - Clear (and dead)
Sagat - Clear.
Akuma - Becoming Oni.
Necalli - Back to hibernation most likely for hopefully hundreds of years again.

All SFV and arguably SF4 did is reframe the SNH as a ki frequency born out of a specific state of mind that can affect anyone if a set of experiences and motivations align. This was hinted at in SFA3 but never explained. Previously the SNH felt exclusive to Ryu and Akuma to the point that it felt genetic.

Capcom actually expanded the SNH lore in the last two games, and it was not a mere redux.

I understand what Capcom are doing with Sagat now. The events of SF4 which happened very soon after SF2/A3 which was also very heavy left both Ryu and Sagat shaken. They both went separate paths to try to resolve their “SNH”, something sown during their fateful first encounter and reaped with the aid of Bison later.

Ryu went to the mountains, trained with Gouken, trained with Dhalsim, trained alone, and faced himself in the form of Necalli, and ultimately went back to the man who brought the darkness out of him.

Sagat went to the mountains, trained alone/with tiger, and faced himself in the form of internal struggles, and turned his back on the man who helped set him on the path of darkness.

It took them both years and years to get to the point where they are both “clear” of the SNH. When they fight next time, they would both be ready for one another in mind, body, and soul.

Since Akuma and Ryu had a fight after ASF, I don’t think it’s necessary for another fateful fight for Ryu this early. I’d prefer Sagat and Ryu do some epic shit in a real story rather than as filler in a character story.

This

AE trailer got me hyped at theyr fight

Ryu no more into SnH shit (post Necalli)
Sagat no more in for bitter revenge (SF4)

Just martial artists honest clash, less good vs evil bs
Essentially what i will like see more in SF

3 Likes

Give Sagat his pupil back. Hide his scar under a blanket. End the cycle of evil.

10 Likes

I think it’s been implied that it can affect anyone before A3 if we can take Adon’s story into account. Even if Adon probably had no proper knowledge about it except “it’s strong = we wants it”.

I’ll write more tomorrow, it’s getting late where I live.

1 Like

Yes I remember that, but Adon spoke out of ignorance.

In SF4:TTTB, Seth made it seem that Ryu was the only known source of the SNH in the SF universe. It’s obviously rare, and manifests at different potentials, but it doesn’t feel exclusive anymore. I think that was the best thing to come out of Necalli, he suffered peak SNH-BS so other characters won’t have to anymore.

1 Like

Finally got around to compiling all of the win quotes. It was way too large to put into a single post, so I uploaded them here: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AinuTcZryjLUdfeklt3-6Ypznaw

Hard to believe this started back in 2016.

15 Likes

Oh man! Sorry, I totally missed Midgardsorm’s post.

About Menat reminding of Vega while looking at G… I’m pretty sure they never met in person. Menat probably was refering from the vision that she had on her crystal ball. Probably, she and Rose watched the final battle between Vega/Bison and Ryu through it. Now I really want to know what Rose was up to during Shadow Falls…

While we’re on it (japanese/english text differences), I do remember that we discussed this before, but I don’t quite remember what we concluded. It’s about Zeku’s SF1 ladder arcade ending (I posted below). Does the japanese version also mentions that Guy was starting his Bushin-ryu training after failing his admission exam?
Looking again at it… It seems that Guy was in fact LEAVING the dojo (and travelling to Metro City). instead of arriving to start his training…
Would you mind taking a look at it?

Summary

Also, I managed to find a way to mess around with the camera angles in the stages (and character select screen, most of the characters are… crouching). Besides the statues at the building from City in Chaos stage, does anyone have any requests?

12 Likes

Japanese and English subtitles in the Zeku arcade endings are very similar.

Requesting more shots of the Ring of Power and Sagat’s stage.

4 Likes

I see. Thanks.

Ok, I"ll do them tomorrow.

3 Likes

11 Likes

That’s what @Daemos wants to see when he walks through the pearly gates

10 Likes