The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Capcom hit a Grand Slam with G.

10 Likes

Welcome back, dude! How’ve you been enjoying G?

Also, interesting that he hides “MANY” secrets. I’m really eager to see more about him.

2 Likes

so G appears as a secret challenger during arcade mode

4 Likes

I find this to be a ridiculous notion as SF has plenty of high school characters. Taking current continuity into account you have Ibuki, Elena, Makoto, Yun, Yang, and Menat who are high schoolers.

2 Likes

Just like Q :thinking:

4 Likes

We all remember the “fighting president” character concept and that G is more likely than not the finalized version. I have a source from the SFV cite confirming a fighting president was designed for SFV at launch, and it mentions that the same concept was also considered for SFIV.

Now, wasn’t there an article somewhere mentioning the SFIV president (before SFV was a thing), or am I remembering wrong? I remember King Cobra, the slim and effeminate Abel with pigtails, and a clown were intended for SFIV, but for some reason I can’t find info on the SFIV president.

1 Like

Lei lei the best for a crossover.

3 Likes

EterTC:

Aside from the design shown in the CFN site, I know of no “Fighting President” design talk that came up during SFIV.

1 Like

G just gets more awesome by the day

6 Likes

^Duh, G will team up with Saddam Hussein and Princess Diana, re-emerge in Jerusalem and rise up against the Illuminati for trying to silence them.

And them all have decent built up to be on SF

RSers are really just capcomized highschoolers

Was a SFV dropped concept, first bunch we see was

Fighting president (now G?)
Yeti
Scientist ol man
Soccer boy (rashid sport alt)
Sexy grappler (now Laura?)
Crab extra limbs man
Armor french girl
Gen’s apprentice

3 Likes

There was also an Aikido girl (Capcom’s replacement for Hokuto perhaps?).

Gen’s apprentice has the potential to be great. He looked a little edgy in the concept art but that doesn’t mean that he can’t be polished and improved. I know it was talked about when Akuma was released, but with Akuma and Gen having their final confrontation and Gen losing, it was a really good opportunity to introduce him. I guess they backed out in favor of the Season 2 new characters.

1 Like

Aikido girl was a bit too simple to impact as new char, but she was a nice idea to develop

Gen’s apprentice got a good concept (the MotW Gato like one) and a terrible one (the KoF reject)
Sad they ignored the first

1 Like

Oh, don’t be so pessimistic! Look at the bright side: they also ignored the second! :stuck_out_tongue:

Duh, I canceled my reply to @Shockdingo by mistake… Anyway, I enjoyed G’s reveal, his similarities with Q and his wrestling moves.
Also, I discovered something about Sagat’s tiger and the village girl… More about it later.

9 Likes

That’s all they need to be. Consider the fact that in Alpha Sakura is your ordinary high school girl who’s able to take on world reown fighters to their limit or outright beat them without any kind of formal training. Getting by on pure talent. There’s a few characters like this in RS like Kyosuke. In his case he’ll just need experience to be a beast much like Sakura can be a beast if she actually learned a material art.

2 Likes

Honestly, the gold tattoos are stupid. But the alternatives from that concept art were even worse.

1 Like

And in fact sakura is my personal most hated char lol
Don’t need more of that bullshit tnx

You wanted a glass wearing genius that out of natural talent became world level that’s Nash, one that can break Kyusuke like a thin stick lol

Are not tattoo, seem an Urien like skin powers thing
The world image is there to reflect his obsession

I’m not a fan of it rotating, but lucky seem to do it only during char selection

On sketch level the very first ones of Zeku looking younger reminded me that Gato direction, without the kof/jpop style ruining it lol

Then they gone with David Carradine lol
Still Zeku is good, i just wish the nostalgia alt was the actual SFA one (no scarf, desaturated brown hair, big sideburns) instead a bad replica

Will have liked old SFA - young Guy (orange gi/short hair) as the nostalgia alt