The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

More than aggressive the core of Ryu-Ken difference there is that Ken is dynamic

Is really Ken’s dynamic energy next to Ryu’s static strenght
Even cooler when Ryu after a while in standing pose get an even more heavy and grounded stance

There you really see the two souls difference

Is also cool because it incarnate traditional japanese karate with his strong stances and strikes (Ryu) vs the faster modern western/american twist almost kickboxing like (Ken)

2 Likes

Yup agree, I fully aware of that and been saying that in the other thread.

Because I believe it’s funny that people associate him to Evil Ryu strongly that they even came out with the statue before.

When it’s simply because ERyu got the tools and projectile game he needed before same as Guile as of now.

It’s not because daigo is being better because they are shoto or edgelord but because it fits his style of gameplay. His been using Guile HF to SF4.

I just dislike that Ryu = Daigo to many casual fans lol.

Its really a bad equivocation.

1 Like

Found this on Reddit:

7 Likes

Its safe to bet for Rose as sure part of whatsoever list.

Roxy or not Poison but Poison is coming.

Gorilla is invietable too.

So we got 3 mystery left?

Makoto is likely too.

I’m not going to say that Capcom hadn’t planned for Kage from the beginning, but the cinematic trailer appeared to reference Evil Ryu, not Oni Ryu. There was no indication of Oni-ness there.

In combination, the cinematic story teased the existence of Evil Ryu and then ended that storyline. Which itself arguably justified the trailer tease, because it did play a part in SFV’s story (which might have been a bigger part if A Shadow Falls was better plotted and written in general), and SFV’s story was the end of it.

There was no indication that Capcom was going to introduce a new version (Kage) of an existing version (Evil Ryu) of a character who’s story was all ready previously wrapped up in the same game before he ever appeared. Or that Capcom would try to salvage Evil Ryu (after ending him) in this particular fashion.

2 Likes

What if it was supposed to be Evil Ryu but scrapped before the production begins and instead we got “not-evil ryu but evil ryu”.

That’s why we got only two costumes.

Yet Kage is still a better choice than Evil Ryu if it was to give fans what they want. It solve future problems too. The only problem is that if they would bring back Evil Ryu or create a new version of Kage or another neo version of the two which is so wrong.

The cinematic trailer showed Ryu’s meditation being disturbed by the SNH. Kage’s story is literally about a personification of the SNH within Ryu having a conversation and a fight with Ryu during said meditation. We can infer from this that Capcom has at least intended to bring back Evil Ryu (Gameplay) since then.

The name is irrelevant. SF is a game first and foremost, and the players, many of them, want to play Evil Ryu. Kage is just a gimmick to justify the inclusion of the character in a canonical setting.

2 Likes

Kage’s Story write-up:

Summary

The story begins with Ryu meditating inside of a dojo as the shadowy figure of Kage hovers behind him laughing. He repeatedly says “Kill them all!” before he’s shown confronting Sagat. Sagat realized that the power did not belong to Ryu, with Kage assuring Sagat that he’s the reason why Ryu isn’t an empty shell. Unconvinced, Sagat makes it clear that he doesn’t fear Kage; believing that he lacks the power to crush his spirit. Kage is sure that Sagat will eventually realize that he’s the one that holds the essence of true strength. With Kage gone, Sagat was now at a point where he had a better understanding of the darkness Ryu was dealing with.

Kage confronts Akuma next. He identifies himself as “the true power” Akuma seeks. The Master of Fist disregards him as a “soulless silhouette”. After gaining the upperhand, Kage states that he’s inside of Akuma and being willingly suppressed so Akuma can continue adhering to the laws of heaven. In the eyes of Kage, strength has no other purpose except destroying others. The fact that he was able to defeat Akuma would add to this reasoning. Akuma’s path from human…to demon…to beyond human…to beyond demon…to heaven is something he wouldn’t expect an empty shadow to understand. The true fist, in Akuma’s eyes, is something that can’t be created through raw power or the Satsui no Hado. He then proceeds to unleash his “Houten Seikengeki” technique to seemingly drive Kage away. Once the dust settles, Akuma questions if this is the path Ryu has decided to take.

Back at the dojo, Ryu senses Kage’s presence and calls him out. Kage noted that he’s defeated all of the warriors Ryu wanted to defeat and asks if he’s finally accepted that he’s the strongest part of him. Ryu refused to accept that Kage was his true self even though he couldn’t deny him. Amused at the words, Kage wonders if Ryu is going to challenge him, believing Ryu has no chance against him. Ryu insists that he’s not going to fight Kage, which angers Kage enough to force a battle.

The defeated Ryu communicates to Kage that he can corrupt or destroy him if he wants, exist if he wants to continue existing, or leave if he wants to leave. Kage can’t understand why Ryu doesn’t fear him. No matter what Kage decided to do, Ryu would continue on his path doing what he chooses. In an instant, Kage is cast away from Ryu’s spirit entirely, relieving the tireless warrior. His battle with the Satsui no Hado had finally reached its end. The story begins with Ryu meditating inside of a dojo as the shadowy figure of Kage hovers behind him laughing. He repeatedly says “Kill them all!” before he’s shown confronting Sagat. Sagat realized that the power did not belong to Ryu, with Kage assuring Sagat that he’s the reason why Ryu isn’t an empty shell. Unconvinced, Sagat makes it clear that he doesn’t fear Kage; believing that he lacks the power to crush his spirit. Kage is sure that Sagat will eventually realize that he’s the one that holds the essence of true strength. With Kage gone, Sagat was now at a point where he had a better understanding of the darkness Ryu was dealing with.

Kage confronts Akuma next. He identifies himself as “the true power” Akuma seeks. The Master of Fist disregards him as a “soulless silhouette”. After gaining the upperhand, Kage states that he’s inside of Akuma and being willingly suppressed so Akuma can continue adhering to the laws of heaven. In the eyes of Kage, strength has no other purpose except destroying others. The fact that he was able to defeat Akuma would add to this reasoning. Akuma’s path from human…to demon…to beyond human…to beyond demon…to heaven is something he wouldn’t expect an empty shadow to understand. The true fist, in Akuma’s eyes, is something that can’t be created through raw power or the Satsui no Hado. He then proceeds to unleash his “Houten Seikengeki” technique to seemingly drive Kage away. Once the dust settles, Akuma questions if this is the path Ryu has decided to take.

Back at the dojo, Ryu senses Kage’s presence and calls him out. Kage noted that he’s defeated all of the warriors Ryu wanted to defeat and asks if he’s finally accepted that he’s the strongest part of him. Ryu refused to accept that Kage was his true self even though he couldn’t deny him. Amused at the words, Kage wonders if Ryu is going to challenge him, believing Ryu has no chance against him. Ryu insists that he’s not going to fight Kage, which angers Kage enough to force a battle.

The defeated Ryu communicates to Kage that he can corrupt or destroy him if he wants, exist if he wants to continue existing, or leave if he wants to leave. Kage can’t understand why Ryu doesn’t fear him. No matter what Kage decided to do, Ryu would continue on his path doing what he chooses. In an instant, Kage is cast away from Ryu’s spirit entirely, relieving the tireless warrior. His battle with the Satsui no Hado had finally reached its end.

I liked this story more than I was expecting.

7 Likes

Houten Seikengeki? Something to look forward into

1 Like

Ikr?

WTF is Akuma up to?

Who is he becoming if not Oni? What are his precious laws of heaven? I find this Akuma redemption arc that Capcom are building towards very interesting.

4 Likes

Yeah, The laws of heaven thing was entirely new for me to know that Akuma is into those.

Its kind of not new. Its known that he wont randomly attack people or even other fighters unless he feels they will put up some sort of challenege (i e theyre strong or worthy enough of his time)

Look at the pic of him selling mangos or something to a kid. He has crazyness to him but also some sort of moral code even if its fked up.

That was before.

Akuma fucking laid waste to several football fields of forest in SF4, and in SF5 did something he would not normally do, he killed a sick man. Factor in the changes in his biology, and it is easy to infer that he is moving further towards the darkside of things.

But then you have character stories like Kage’s that show him in a different light, or the moment when he spared Ryu’s life in his own character story. These demonstrate that he hasn’t lost himself completely.

4 Likes

Looks bad, hope it’s false.

Where’s Rose and Makoto for fuck’s sake.

1 Like

Rose, Gorilla/Knife, Poison, New, and then Oro/Gouken.

I’m okay with this, but I want Viper and Honda.

It’s “guy” with elemental power though. A season with two out of Rose, Makoto and Viper and a couple more returning glories like Oro, Fei Long or even Honda would have been good to me, we don’t need another newcomer and Neo-Shadaloo’s also new stuff.

1 Like

Area ugh rather have a season of Kage, Rufus, Dan, Remy, Satsuki, and Nadeshiko than her

1 Like

Shadaloo soldier remarks in costume color just stumble upon a page.

Not Oni, Not Akuma…

Divine Akuma lol

Yet if Akuma would turn to something calm that would compromised with his SF3 counterpart.

Not something I imagined but still good that it fix loose ends.

I really like Capcom joking hints like this.

2 Likes

I hope that the guy w/ elemental powers is Necro. I definitely need Rose and Necro for S4.

I hope the leak is not right though.

3 Likes

It’s not a leak. It is a joke image based on the patterns of the previous two seasons. (Season 1 is left out because it doesn’t fit.)

5 Likes