The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Guy is meant to be gender neutral since Kolin is S2’s “guy with elemental powers”.

2 Likes

Nah, having still S4 and S5 imho
kage being the crap move, it’s the same as akuma and sakura.

Pay the shoto coin to the loud folks, then move on with the good part of the season

S4 imho will still be a good solid season

S5 could be cheap as last song of Sf4 was cheap recycling shit

To begin with i think S5 will have Gill, wich in good part will be recycled Urien… but i’m ok with it, only case of “clone” i will welcome

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a dummy because only now I’m realizing that that picture was trying to suggest that there’s a constant pattern to these seasons.

I can see them kicking off S5 with Oni, Gouken or Dan at this point more than any other character. No one gives a fuck about Gill.

Necro can be interesting. I wanted Necro X Dhalsim X Blanka to happen.

Naah, doubt that there will be more than one brand new char and that Kage takes one of six important Season Pass slots, he could be a bonus char.
I don’t think we’ll get any accurate chararcter leaks this time, and Capcom said they’re doing things differently now, so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I feel the pattern will be completely different.

Restraining Gill the mask version Aka Prophet or Savior something of an alias not refering directly to his name.

I missed CFN profiles they need to return since we had a new character

Capcom definitely thought about Onikage very much later in the course of SFV. Otherwise, we would have seen that character in Sagat’s story. That’s how they handled Menat and Ed. Also, the fact that they showed us Evil Ryu, and not Kage, in Ryu’s story is the confirmation that Kage is an afterthought.

3 Likes

Power wise the Sennin path > become an Oni

It’ds not good vs evil or western “heaven”
Example in capcom art style these are’nt exactly eyes you expect from a “good guy” lol

Oro is the closest to an actual “divine” char and he’s probably able to use whatever ki (positive, negative, neutral) his spirit can generate… just what his eyes switch from red SnH lik, to complete neutral white, to azure hado like vibe

Oro’s straight path to ascension does’nt allow him to become slave of a specific type of ki

Akuma is about ultimate power no matter what, he dickride SnH because he thought it was the way for it
But he seem to understand lose himself completely to SnH will turn him into a SnH slave resulting in a limit of his ascension/power
And more than that it will be a form of weakness

He SEEM to understand it, and still will end up corrupted by SnH in the long run… wich is likely the “error” Oro see watching him
Akuma’s belief he could just use SnH like a weapon, while on reality is the SnH using you like a shell

When at the end Ryu will defeat him, Akuma will not admit “good guys is better”, Akuma will admit he was wrong for the simple fact Ryu path gave him a superior power

6 Likes

Using the format along with the polls

Here what we get

Viper or Gill /Rose /Poison or Roxy /Gorilla or Phantom /Oro

Elemental can be Viper again

The Gorilla has a chance to be Psycho Powered too

Rose is Soul Power can relate to Psycho Power too but can be an elemental power.

I believe they just did’nt wanted to spoiler it

I think when they did Sagat story they had already in mind “kage”.
In fact, more than anything Sagat suddently suffering of SnH (after all these years of desperation/salt/frustration/anger without signs of it) it felt random as fuck, without what we know now

Actuallly the Sagat-mirror-image that Sagat fight in his story imho is still Kage in another shape

First form “Sagat”- He tried to corrupt Sagat showing a possible more powerful version of himself, one that can finally get revenge
Failed, as Sagat won that one (maybe kage being a “product” of Ryu is possibly weaker in another shape?)

Second form “Ryu”- He fought him as “Evil Ryu”, to tell him “you will never be strong as him without me (SnH)!”
Failed, as even in loss Sagat refused to embrace it

Kage likely wanted to temporary use/power up Sagat to create an enemy able to force in Ryu the need of him

Necalli already almost caused it in the first encounter, if was’nt for Dhalsim saving the day

6 Likes

Found this on Twitter:

10 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s why someone here should make a new WIKI with all the knowledge that has been gathered, so people don’t have rely on that POS.

6 Likes

Will be infinitely better fix the stupid parts of the existing one, have two separated wikis will cause more bullshit than have a single wrong one lol

4 Likes

Yup. I try to review and revise the Bison wiki at least to remove any bullshit on sight.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for the Cyber gorilla from neo shadowloo is the Nazi for season 4.

Wouldn’t you prefer Knife instead? I don’t think I’m ready for Grodd in the SF universe.

No one is ready for Grodd. That’s what makes him the perfect choice.

2 Likes

I don’t really agree with that. We should never accept only one source of info for anything. It’s fine if they want to fix some things, but we would still be at the whim and yoke of whoever are running that particular site. If they ever want to shut down the site, it all goes down the drain.
I think people will flock to the site that’s better. Case in point, back in the day the site for all things Dead or Alive was http://doacentral.com/ . The site was ran by some overlords who acted in shady ways. One day some people got tired of their BS and decided to make their own DOA site, Free Step Dodge, a site that now has the most active DOA community.

The owner of DOA Central sarcastically wished FSD good luck, but seems like he’s bitter DOA Central is now dead.

2 Likes

Agreed.

But not all information is created equal.

A lot of the information presented by some users ITT for example is well researched, translated, and “peer reviewed” by long time fans that take a scholarly interest in the SF canon.

I would measure that wiki against information here or the new plot guide rather than vice versa.

2 Likes