The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Hell no.

The quality bar in terms of animations, moveset, original assets and overall presentation is very high for guest characters. Total opposite of shameless clone of existing character.

Like only Bad box art MegaMan could be worse. Even something like Negan (which is pretty low) beats it by a landslide. Being a what if character, Kage has zero relevance storywise, which beats the whole purpose of not being a guest.

1 Like

Well when you put it that way I’m forced to agree :pensive:

The thing is he is now relevant in the story, his already in there. Thats the problem Capcom needs to fix again and avoid in the future, without the need to create another interpretation from new set of designers for future SF dev team.

If they wanted a manifestation of SNH it’s should have been Oni, it’s unquestioned if it was him yet I know where is this coming why we get “Evil Ryu but not evil Ryu” obviously the polls.

Pretty sure this is not the last of a direct evil Ryu or Ryu clone, but for Kage probably because he is not well accepted like Decapre, so in the future there is a chance for a different version which is meh.

Ono hit me with the loophole tech. I’ve always said why don’t they give Evil Ryu or Oni’s moveset to a new character… Sorry guys. :pensive:

4 Likes

Gameplay-wise, Kage is not a clone at all and arguably he isn’t a true shoto either. In fact, he’s fucking fun. His model and animations are his alone too.

1 Like

Another problem…

For story sensibility he(Kage) is now more reasonable to exist in future SF games than going back to Evil Ryu but fans will still request Evil Ryu than Kage. Which is a problem if E.Ryu would be part of the canon. I just hope this wouldn’t be a recurring problem and SF5-SF3 timeline would fix their loose ends.

Depend on the guest

When it’s done to please actual fight games fans you get awesome stuff like T7 Geese Howard or FLEX Terry Bogard

Will pick Geese/Terry over this crap any day, even in this too blond cast lol

Now, if we speak about T7 negan, that’s the lowest move i ever seen, 101% whore lol.
Will give entire S4 to kage to not get a single negan in muh SF :smiley:

End of the day they did because kinda big % of SF fans got trash tastes and like evil Ryu, so they gave it to them
Hopefully at some point they will give him a not bullshit alt, without horns and every other stupid stuff
Just drop that

Still bullshit but less eyesore in muh game

1 Like

Kage’s Nostalgia costume is waiting to happen. Relax.

And why Evil Ryu should not be back is because he is the “TRUE Ryu clone” here compare to any shoto character in game. So there would be a some sort of dilemma or something.

I’m still no for guest characters. The only guest characters I would tolerate are EX characters like Garuda, but it’s unlikely.

Then suddenly Capcom surprise us with Scorpion appearing in game from a portal. lol

Nah MK deserves to be in Tekken more than the other non-FG guest characters.

1 Like

Only guest characters I approve of are listed below:

complete silence

4 Likes

Kiryu would be tight.

There are still decent characters in the poll that should be in game than guest characters

Breakdown photo from reddit discussion last November, I think.

Makoto, Dudley, Poison. Feilong, Oro, Viper and Guy are near the top still better than guest.

Fro the story/lore standpoint, Kage is the shittiest possible reveal Capcom could’ve done to kick off season 4

Seriously, what the fuck?

10 Likes

It’s Decapre all over again but worse.

4 Likes

Just read leak SC6 season1 may end with cassandra and fucking amy

Suddently kage is the good news of the day

If the next charage is Kage no Josei, I’m going to riot.

Of these will really welcome Fei Long and Rose, both into my ideal S4
Will give elsewhere all other remaining slots though

1 Like

Waifus >>> edgelords.

At least waifus are pleasant to watch even when they’re lame.

4 Likes

Who is that?

Yeah Fei is better.

And there’s a lot of decent choice left even for another season than ERyu.

It’s Shadow Lady in Japanese