The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Never gonna happen, they didn’t go through the trouble of bringing him back just so he gets killed off.

Besides,Gouken blocks Akuma’s demon with no issues.He ain’t gonna die.

2 Likes

He already is. His physical form is deforming from previous games. He looks more bestial or troll-like. He is larger with differing facial features. His moveset is also becoming more powerful in response to this.

Look at his story mode costume. He is “power made flesh”.

SF3’s physical appearance is most likely retconned.

2 Likes

Nash? Gen? Bison (sort of)? They all came back just to die.

And Akuma’s demon is old news. He has new tricks up his sleeve that were not possible before. He’s been training frantically since his last encounter with Gouken. Akuma will be ready for Mu No Ken, at a price.

But who sais that only Akuma is the one to get power boosts ?

Killing Gouken just so Ryu is “awakened” is just lazy story telling.

PS: we all know Bison ain’t really dead.

The power boosts of evil are much sharper and more acute. Gouken will be unprepared but his death will be Akuma’s undoing. Gouken still wins, no matter what Akuma does and once Akuma realizes that, he’s finished.

I just hope the very supernatural and mysticism heavily just stay on Necali.

While Bison and Akuma where just human that manage to find a way to transcends their humanity (not completely but they assumed they did) either by science, technology, occult teachings, ancient knowledge, training or meditation but not at a extreme and entire point that they become mystical creatures themselves.

Prefer Oni as mystical manifestation of SNH that messed, haunts and confuse warriors through subconscious mind like it shape shifts. It drives them crazy and ruthless removing their hesitation using hallucination, fear, anger and hate.

So it now justify the likes of this occurrence…

and also this, as far as we knew Akuma never had some sort of psychic telephaty

and this which is just lately

Same with this kind of probability since pandora is non-existent.

1 Like

I can’t disagree with you there. Frankly speaking, of S3 stories, I only enjoyed Sakura’s, which is my favourite one alongside Ed and Akuma’s, I miss such amazing Character Stories. Really hope Season 4 gives us some.

1 Like
3 Likes

I remember those times when Capcom decided to make talking portraits in Cyberbots, Alien vs Predator and Warzard before 3D fighters era. Those were very awesome those times.

1 Like

Your missing teeth will remind you of my victory.

I always liked that win quote.Savage Cammy.

2 Likes

Demons crossing one realm to the other, confirmed. Darkstalkers appearing next!!!

Great post thanks

For how i see it more than Guy “surpassing” him, was in good part that Zeku got old.
Bushinryu ninjutsu is extremely based on speed/agility and these are the first things you lose with age.
Being a game of speed, Guy reached a technical level good enough that his youth in a bushinryu fight gave him the advantage over Zeku’s superior experience (and likely superior technique)

It’s not a case that Zeku have to resort to his younger form (that likely he can’t hold for long) to use bushinryu style, he NEED the energy of a younger man to fully express it

It’s cool because him developing an entire new style at this age, make him an incredible martial artist.
Ninjutsu core is adaptability, unlike other traditional styles like Karate, where the philosophy is a straight and stoic “keep train and honing your method until it succeed”, in Ninjutsu the ability to change method in favor of something that adapt better to your current condition increasing chances of success is’nt considered “weakness”, on contrary.

Zeku’s new style is made to optimize to the max Old Zeku’s strenghts and weakness… much less dynamic and speed based, but with a power and defensive potential (based on experience/skill) superior to his precedent style

Zeku did’nt surpassed Genryusai when he defeated him (like Guy defeated Zeku)… that’s just the cycle of life.
Zeku surpassed Genryusai because when they got too old to keep fight using Bushinryu at it’s maximum potential (max speed and agility), Zeku developed a new way to keep be just as dangerous if not more.
It’s also a “superior” style, as it will grant it’s effectiveness for longer period of it’s user life… wich is impressive considering Zeku developed it in few years (+his life training Bushinryu of course), while Bushinryu got generations to reach it’s form

Old Zeku vs Bushinryu Guy in theory is the ideal match

Really no idea why Zeku is’nt more liked, absolutely great char and imho more interessing than Guy, both as design and fight style.
I guess people these days “need” cinematic story to call a SF char interessing, same happened to Rashid and Fang that had to be in ASF to be considered positively

3 Likes

Idk where you got S4/S5 as 8 characters each dude

Each season has been 6 chars (4m+2f), and if SF4 is an indicator the risk if anything is to see last season bring in LESS char… but since they love they $ model i think they will stick to same 6 char model till end, as a smaller S5 will push them to ask less money

About predictions at this point is hard even using the “leak” as true… and the fact Capcom like to keep introduce new char (that i like) make it even harder… all returner? 1 new male? 2 new male (as both female slot are token by returners) ?

Even using the leak as guide, i can only say what i will like

1- Rose <- leak (neutral on her, but i will like italian/venice stage)
2- Viper <- leak (not a fan)

From there wishlist, personally i will like a very martial oriented one

3- Fei Long
Fan fav, Jet Kune Do rep, iconic af, imho great potential with V-mechanics. Also nunchaku VT need to happen lol

4- Abel
SF4 male rep, Sambo rep, iconic fighter tribute. I also thing his style can be developed to be pretty unique… his variable strike/throw combinations, anti-air throw, the charge shooting takedown

5- Sodom
FF rep and will enrich the small FF crowd. I will like to see Honda training being part of his SFV style, in that way can also work as Sumo rep and justify Honda’s absence (Honda got a strong case to be in as the only original SF2er missing).
Personally i will like them giving him weapons (Jitte/katanas) AND bare hands (more sumo) style… it can work like Vega and his claw (switch and can lose it).
It will not even that new as in FF1 he could be disarmed and forced to fight bare-hands knocking him down

6- ???
My personal most wanted will be Tom as pure and technical MMA rep.
But Tom will make sense when Gill come, and i think that’s S5… i see Tom as the ideal S5 first char, the true SF3 prequel (as Tom it’s the motivation for SF3 Hero and link to SF3 Boss).
For S4 i don’t know, for how i chosen the other 3, to balance a young and fast char can be the best.
As much some already said they don’t like it i keep like my idea of Yun/Yang as one slot double-character in a way similar to Zeku.
It will also get some more SF3ers in waiting S5.
As very personal taste i will probably prefer Eagle or Retsu

Extra shit

Haggar- i just want to get him as skin costume on Zangief, that will do the trick for me, no need to take a season slot. Add him in cinematic story if make sense, and it’s done imho

Tom- As said i WANT see him as new char, but during “Gill season” (S5), while now we just entered The G’s Show

Gill- I want to see him do an ingame appearance in SFV, but as opponent, not necessary as playable (slot taking) character.
His SF3 concept was’nt playable either, the core of his concept was be a cheap OP Boss.
Best solution imho is make him outside of Season thing.
Just make him an OP enemy NPC, that can be selected by code or some shit as a bonus character, but not usable online, specially not ranked matches

Oro- will like to see in S5

Necro- will like to see in S5

1 Like

Gen’s not dead. No human character ever dies XD

1 Like

In gaming, cartoons and comics.

It’s more like the SNH (And Psycho Power) can make someone psychotic and lose touch with reality. They motivate negative thought patterns, and thus drive most people towards exceptional violence, hate, and rage.

The demonic hallucinations are a visual representation of the distorted worldview negative ki can inflict onto the user.

2 Likes

Actually there’s no way of surpassing him, because those were measurable stuff, but that’s how Capcom has tell it’s audience and that’s how their culture may have explained it beating means surpassing.

They should have rather said that Zeku successfully pass all his Bushinryuu techniques to Guy and have him beaten in a fair fight which is a requirement to become the next Bushinryuu Master.

I hope the rejuvenation technique that Zeku exhibit isn’t part of Bushinryuu but rather an ancient technique that is exclusive to Zeku only. Which would make it interesting and makes him different from Guy and we won’t see any Guy transforming into something.

I’d like to think that Zeku let Guy win to some extent because he wanted to move on and start his own thing, and he knew that Guy was a worthy successor whose heart was in it.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting thought that also compromise to fit his SFV storymode and AE endings of having his own brand of teaching that is not locked and limited to the Bushinryuu traditions

Guy passed the “Zeku test” refusing to go for the kill vs him.
Like Zeku did vs Genryusai (being first of the school to break the tradition)

Guy proven to have the heart in the right place indeed, Zeku left the school in good hands

3 Likes