The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Actually there’s no way of surpassing him, because those were measurable stuff, but that’s how Capcom has tell it’s audience and that’s how their culture may have explained it beating means surpassing.

They should have rather said that Zeku successfully pass all his Bushinryuu techniques to Guy and have him beaten in a fair fight which is a requirement to become the next Bushinryuu Master.

I hope the rejuvenation technique that Zeku exhibit isn’t part of Bushinryuu but rather an ancient technique that is exclusive to Zeku only. Which would make it interesting and makes him different from Guy and we won’t see any Guy transforming into something.

I’d like to think that Zeku let Guy win to some extent because he wanted to move on and start his own thing, and he knew that Guy was a worthy successor whose heart was in it.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting thought that also compromise to fit his SFV storymode and AE endings of having his own brand of teaching that is not locked and limited to the Bushinryuu traditions

Guy passed the “Zeku test” refusing to go for the kill vs him.
Like Zeku did vs Genryusai (being first of the school to break the tradition)

Guy proven to have the heart in the right place indeed, Zeku left the school in good hands

3 Likes

They probably have an agreement that the tradition itself is outdated and limiting, Zeku probably thinks that it limits his creativity to introduce new stuff.

We all know that Zeku is a very classy and hip guy not the generic type Sensei. Interesting.

1 Like

Some guys in facebook is trying to link this which isn’t really connected…

image image

Yet I’m interested with that stage to return

5 Likes

@The_Shakunetsu I think that “cameo” is more coincidence IMO and isn’t Guile. Same with the supposed “Cody” cameo.

I’ll believe the Guile, Cody, Birdie and Adon cameos in MVSF’ shopping mall stage.

While I think all of Ken’s alpha stages are worthy of return, I’d rather see his Alpha 2 stage make a comeback, I want to see what crazy cameos from other Capcom games they fit in this time around.

2 Likes

I think it’s more than that, SF is slowly being more loose about the “supernatural”
Beyond the most of crazy stuff being explained with “ki”

Akuma as Oni became blue (but impossible skin color is’nt new for SF lore), got huge fangs and even start to grow fucking demon horns under his forehead skin

Or watch Necalli

It’s not about “demons” as darkstalkers ones, but Capcom pushed what negative ki can do well beyond it’s usual (generous) limit

This is awesome

4 Likes

G haha

I see your Necalli, and raise you an Original Necalli!

On a more serious note, I think Capcom’s approach to the supernatural is not random. The foundations for the modern Necallis and Onis were already set in the 90s. Like I know it may seem like they took it up a notch, but relatively, Bison, Twelve, and Gill took it up a notch for their time.

I also like to think that Capcom like to be playful with these metaphors.

Akuma loses his humanity > Akuma literally starts looking like a monster/beast.

Necalli is a mindless empty shell without a soul > Necalli is literally hollow, always hungry, and can barely string together complete sentences.

Bison feeds off negative > Bison is literally trying to eat Falke in her nightmares.

2 Likes

What will @Daemos do next?

2 Likes

My dream for the 2nd General Story) xD

11 Likes

Agree on Gill (or at least it’s techniques), as it got some abilities that seem to go beyond use of “ki” we seen in SF and more on a supernatural direction (even for SF standards) with stuff like the seraphic wings or cause a ice/fire storm from the sky… at the end not by THAT much away from some others feats, but definitely different vibe

Twelve is explained as science.
Same reason i did’nt used SFV FrankeNash as example despite being something crazy as a living dead, as he’s been sold as Illuminati “science” result

Bison even at his extreme is still explained with ki
For how SF universe works his most fantasy ability (become a “ghost” and jump in other bodies) can be explained as an incredible high control of his own mind/ki: kinda like in our world some declared to be able thought meditation to do “astral projections”, and have theyr spirit/ki/energy leave the physical body.
Bison just seem to be an extremization of this concept, his astral projection ability is so powerful that he can do it quickly without long ass meditation, to control it to the point of invade another body, and powerful enough to eventually take control of it.
Is possible original Bison learned that in order of obtain some sort of artificial “immortality”… wich seem something a nazi going to asia searching esotheric power shit will love lol

Oni was a bit different
Akuma there went from looking deformed/consumed by unhealthy energy (past games, or SFV) to literally start transform into a mythical/supernatural creature with fangs and fucking horns

And here comes the cool universe/lore building part

They can go reverse and say that Akuma is’nt transforming into a mythical/supernatural creature.
They can say that thousands years ago when incredibly powerful warriors let themselves fall into that kind of negative energy, they suffered that trasformation and in that way are born legends about demons, with men calling them “devils” in the west, “oni” in japan, or whatever another local culture called them.

Just like Gill using seraphic wings will have been surely called “angel” by a Middle Ages man from europe
Rose a witch
Oro a supernatural being/wizard/whatever
Bison a demon in human disguise or a ghost if spotted in his spirit/ki form
The raging Evil Ryu as a man “possessed by the devil”
And list goes on… Blanka, Abigail, Dhalsim, G etc etc, all characters that in the past will have generated legends

Is fun that in some way this “explanation” perspective was took by Soul Calibur on vampires and some other supernatural creatures (being the result of humans infected by the soul edge)… wich is fun considering the series got tons of fantasy monsters/gods/demons shit anyway lol

Please excuse the shameless selfpromotion, but I’ve got a deal for all of youse!

I’ve opened up voice commissions for small audio:

-If you stream and have a twitch channel, I can do the audio for the subscription button notification

-If you want me to provide you with some magic audio to remind yourself to pick up groceries, get Bison to tell you to wake up in the morning, or anything else you can think of, I’ve got you covered.

-Are you an artist and want to practice a short loop of Akuma screaming at a cereal box? I can put that murderous intent into sparkly .wav format for you.

Rules and restrictions can be found in the video below if interested:

I’m saving up to upgrade my rig and to have a bit of reserves to commission folks for a future Street Fighter project I’m working on, so this would help with that saving quite a bit. (Sharing/ retweeting also helps get the word out!).

Thanks for your time guys!

6 Likes

Looks like M.Bison was in SF1…

Nice, here’s Elena’s SF3 win pose rotoscoping source from a 80s music video!

9 Likes

^I was literally about to post that Elena GIF. Once again, someone beats me to it.

But there’s this, when filling up a super, the voice clip is actually Batman from a 1960’s production:

Also parts of China Vox and Longshoreman is from some Lebanese rap song.

7 Likes

Not SF related, but Arika added text endings to Fighting EX Layer.

As y’all know, I had to get that ending asap. From the looks of things, he appears to take Garuda’s power for himself after defeating him.

6 Likes

ROSSO HAS RISEN!

And he’s looking stylish as ever!