'The' Super Gem (Pocket) fighter Thread

Yeah, they need to bring back the bite super. :lol:

I thought Ibuki was higher?

To me, Ibuki was never that high up in the tier to begin with. Her SRK gets stuffed easily, her normals and flash combos get punished easily if she misses, and she requires a lot of technicality in order to be effective (Which is hard to get it going). But if you can throw out a lot of tricks and mixups with her, she can be worthwhile.

If anybody has questions on this game, feel free to ask away.

was this ever a popular game?

i am curious of the chances on a live arcade re-release

I don’t know, but people should get into or get back into this game. It’s a great casuals game.

Someone call me? We record match vids for all sorts of games at my college back in GA, though I won’t be going back till around january (well perhaps earlier, depending on my business here) but whenever, I’ll promise to get my crew into this game and I’ll post links for criticism/enjoyment/whatever.

We’ll probably use the Alpha Anathology version; unless my version for Saturn arrives first. Which version is better in your opinion?

Anybody happen to have sprite rips for this game? I’m specifically looking for Gou-Hibiki.

The arcade version of course. I haven’t touched a console version in a long time. My PSX copy got scratched up badly. Hit me up on GGPO or 2DF mang.

I would play online matches if I could but my 7 year-old Acer 5000 cannot handle any gaming anymore. She still handles capture devices and the like just fine but try to boot up mame, any emulator or online gaming and the fan immediately overheats and shuts down…she can’t deal with it.

Besides, whenever I capture match vids, I always try to use a console version so everyone can watch the TV, rather than huddle around my laptop screen (and capturing emulators running on my laptop presents problems of its own).

Awww, it’s so hard to find some good competition online for this game. Too many scrubs rage quit especially players from South America.

The South Americans? Really?

In anycase, you said the Arcade version, so I guess the AA version for PS2 is best? Although I really like my Saturn controller and sticks.

This game was my first fighter and is the reason why I use Sakura.

I’ve recently been playing it on ePSXe…and now that I got my FS3 stick working on my laptop, I can relive my childhood. =D

I wish there was a tourney for this. Haha.

do you play this on ggpo?

This is a bonus on Alpha Anthology (PS2) for anyone that might want to pick up a console version to play.

Yeah, I’m either on GGPO or 2DF, mostly GGPO for now.

alright I’ll be in the room sometime then

I just got my Saturn version of Pocket Fighter in the mail the other day.

Post up general strats and tips if anyone has em’.

In the meantime, off to read Kao;s FAQ on gamefaqs.

Am I the only one who’s mildly depressed that it seems like the era of Capcom games that would produce something as godly as this is long over :[

I’d love to see a sequel or re-release but Capcom doesn’t seem to have such a thing in them anymore…

Then again everyone said that about Street Fighter IV and now look at where we are. :stuck_out_tongue: