The Street Fighter V Lounge: Lounge Discord Link! https://discord.gg/nBE28KE

It makes sense to have the characters released individually tho to generate interest every time they release a character.

I mean if you are going to tournaments don’t you need all the characters to lab up against? It’s not about who the pros are using or what might be cooler down the line, if you have a main you are going to tournaments with not having t he characters to lab against is just hustling backwards.

I’d be down for this as well since getting characters throughout the year leads to literally everyone playing the new character for two weeks and it’s beyond annoying. Also, you’ll almost never see any of the new characters in tournament play because players are committed to their character and it’s unlikely they’ll make a switch partway through the year. Thinking back, Go1 and stormkubo were the only ones to make character switches, and Go1 still uses Ibuki half of the time.

I highly doubt Capcom has all six characters complete and ready to go at the beginning of the season though.

De ranked back to Ultra Platinum. I lost 1500LP.

I’m living proof that there are literal fucking retards born on this earth that eat rock as nutrition.

@Beekmeer use your PC hackerman skillz and take my account. At least you can pretend to be a fraud till you de rank back to Silver.

@“Evil Canadian” thanks for all the support but it’s time to give your monkey courage boosters to GetTheTables.

@“DevilJin 01” @Froztey ban my account the dream is dead.

It’s over for me

https://i.imgur.com/hvch5G2.png

After 2 seasons of SFV I don’t have reason to pay for something I don’t know if is worthy enough. I’m not that satisfied with the entire product either, so I’m going to say something to Capcom with my wallet this time. Who’s happy with the game is free to keep spend and shilling obv.

Fools and their money are easily parted.

Though to each their own. These cosmetic junkies might well be keeping the circus that which is Capcom alive. The problem is that it adds fuel to their ever growing nickle-and-diming direction fire, which has become particularly shameful with SFV considering the stock content previous entries in the series enjoyed.

I have personally never been one to play with dress up dolls and all that stuff, but I won’t deny that there are plenty of people that enjoy that cosmetic side of things. It’s become quite a revenue vein for game developers (or more specifically, content creators). My problem is when it becomes a directional and strategic focus for titles ahead of quality development practises, testing, optimisation, gameplay focus and solid base content.

Good point. Cant tell people who it is if you dont know who it is or what they look like either

Actually this is probably just more of the Japan US capcom office disconnect. One sells the other develops. For extra challenge they talk to each other as little as possible

lik dis if u cry evrytim

Your ms paint skills are atleast better than your rank

I think street fighter 5 was a mistake.
The other fighting games have regained their player base, so I am personally fine with sf5 being where it is now.
I will not be bothering with the game outside of daily fm challenges.

lol nub you think there is any escape

you think you get to stop

go have your platinum cry if you need to but tomorrow you get back on that treadmill or i will savagely beat you to death with my fists

@TWINBLADES

he’s there harvesting asiatic clams, keeping strong

http://i.imgur.com/mmUh3tW.png

wow you must be really tough

too bad im tougher than you bitch!!!

Legit Twin I’d say try and pick up a different character, sometimes you get too used to what your current flow chart is and need a change.

There goes Guile whizzing right by 'em.

He’s already done that too to great effect

2016 early 2017 twin blades:

wah wah wah im a freAKIN BABY i have plateaued with cammy ill never get any better

switches to kolin

oh wait im diamond now.

You obviously in a character rut cause you only ever play the same characters all the time its time to freakin switch up again!!!

Poor Alex, getting left behind in the upper left corner by the fifth second…

Here’s the thing for me (and I suspect quite a few others). I don’t give a shit about costumes and stages. Characters I can largely do without, though I might pick a couple up if the matchup presents technical nuances that require me to drive the character to figure things out thoroughly. Sometimes I might like the character too, so there’s always that.

What I WOULD pay for (and I can’t believe I am saying this shit, because it should be part of the base offering) are actual enhancements to the experience. A formal load-boost patch (we have this on PC). A testing version of the game that features netcode tweaks, input lag fiddling, region filtering, deferred phone-home stat chatter, a stat-less game client, etc. An Overwatch-esque PTR for balance and gameplay testing. I’d love a version of the game with all the needless transition padding between ACTUAL gameplay culled. SFV is rife with hot air and doing absolutely nothing. Go play some ST, 3S or SFIV to see what I mean. IV has a little bit of padding, but it’s nothing comparedd to SFV’s bullshit. ST and 3S makes SFV’s pointless transition screens and interludes to doing anything appear comical. A few mates and I play lobbies with five rounds when practising just so we can up the actual time spent in the game actually playing the damn thing.

Sadly, Capcom won’t do this. But that doesn’t matter, because they are such a technically bankrupt collection of developers that satisfying half of the above strikes me as being outside of their internal skillset anyway. They also continuously demonstrate a willingness to pay bottom dollar for outsourced shovelware houses to perform questionable update work and content releases of wildly varying quality, suggesting that anything resembling contemporary game development practises isn’t likely to be something we see associated with the Street Fighter franchise any time soon.

The standard of which to expect from SFV as a product has been quite well defined insofar. I am genuinely curious to see if this supposed Arcade Edition release ups Capcom’s effort in any way. This seems doubtful however.

I digressed a little.