The Street Fighter V Lounge: Lounge Discord Link! https://discord.gg/nBE28KE

The $80 Ultra Premium version of Sagat comes bereft of ‘balance suggestions’ offered by Peter ‘Combofiend’ Rosas and his band of doughey ‘men’.

No amount of additions will fix a fundamentally fucked up title.
This game needs more mechanics to bring more options to the game.
I understand getting the casual crowd into gaming, but not if it costs the game longterm.

To be fair, working with Japanese developers is challenging. I do it daily. The cultural nuances that come with such collaborations are difficult to work around, particularly when it comes to establishing speed and (to many people’s surprise) efficiency. To Japan’s credit, many are aware of these issues and are working hard to adopt practises that work extremely well in the west. The wheel turns slow though.

I would have expected Capcom to be quite mature in this regard, given how long they have been at this game (and evidently collaborating with the USA). I see evidence of the challenges we deal with when I look at Capcom’s products from the outside though. What’s interesting to me is the growing critical audience (especially from the west) with Capcom’s decisions, quality and direction of late with the SF franchsie in particular. I can assure you it would make for some fascinating meetings - especially so when you consider the ‘success’ they are drawing from the western well of DLC.

On one hand they have long standing, beuracratic and lethargic approaches to development they have maintained for ages. On the other, the nature of DLC requires them to demonstrate flex that is likely quite new for them. While this is largely content and not so much developer based, it will still require quite a few stakeholders to mobilise far more than than they are accustomed to at Capcom.

This game is not meant to have anything else besides extra vtriggers and a bigger roster.
If you want more gameplay options and more in-depth mechanics, look elsewhere. This game is built to be played by the people who specifically want the lack of depth and complexity of other fighters and is the fallback game of the fgc.

***This is what capcom wants for SF, and if you disagree this is not the game you should be playing. ***

feeling really dirty taking points away from an ultra diamond… But at the same time he was playing with gimmicks and set-play… Obvious no run backs.

I don’t think it’s what capcom “wants” necessarily. I juts think that capcom is doing their best to listen to the whiners that complained about things like throws being to strong, fireballs being to strong, and specials (and normals) being “braindead” and “spammable”… hitconfirms being “to easy”

And that’s the game we got given.

It is what it is I guess.

Lmao how have you managed to say the same thing for the past 10 posts? We get it; you don’t like the game.

At this point I only care about new characters and improvements to the online experience, though I will say all of the DLC characters have fallen flat for me.

Wait! Isn’t that how all competent and consumer friendly companies run their organizations?

***This game needs less intervention from outsiders and more capcom insid***ers focusing on the god damn game.
This title is fine how it is, and nothing has no flaws but you can clearly tell this title has been tampered with.
I think it is about time people who are still interested in sf5 getting capcom to crack down on the general direction this game is going in.

***I PLAY SFV ***

What is this nigga even saying? Why are you even here? Are you trying to show us you know how to use the bold function?

I like the direction the game is going in, personally. Ed got given great AA, Abigail got given ridiculous damage.

Zeku got given like, everything.

There are actual “cheap” powerful characters in the game now. I like that.
Having characters that actually feel strong when you use them… who would have thought that would be good design :lol:

Games that have powerful options tend to be the most popular. Overwatch is a good example of a game that gives you powerful options with all the ultimate nukes in the game that just straight out kill you.

COD has the same shit with killstreak rewards… etc etc.

I play games so I can feel powerful in a new world, not so I can feel weak in a new world.
I think lots of players and people feel the same way, it’s just fun to feel like you have powerful options.

And I stopped playing it heavily when season 2 began, your point?
If it is your thing to do, then, by all means, do as you please Twinblades… I have made it clear by directly telling you how I feel about how capcom has handled their franchises in recent years. This is only my biased opinion in regards to street fighter and capcom products in general and will definitely be staying how it is for many many whiles.

I am sorry if I am not like the rest of these people who would take ya serious.
Quite frankly…I have ulterior motives.

I am a fighter.

neogaf

R/Kappa

Bold cancelling

teleports behind you*

Nothing personnel, kid.

Anyways, enough of that dribbling.
There are a ton of new modes and a second vtrigger to add to a laundry list of gameplay related additions that will keep people playing the game.
And finally… Arcade mode that I’m still questioning being here so late.
Why bother complaining about a title when you have no involvement with it?
It is easier said than done anyways, creating that to begin with.

So how about they just keep creating and leave the complaints to the know-nothings who attend these titles.
I believe I am in love with netherealm studios and their barbaric sense of humor.