@Froztey You on?

-“Capcom take my money”
-Being a nerd, Trife looks through the PC SFV files
-Realizes what he wants to buy is sitting right there on his HD
-And he can mod it to look better
-…
-…
-:^)

I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve spent $75 - $100 CAD on DLC, and I haven’t even felt like playing this game in the last couple of weeks. Lesson learned I suppose.

I still have easy and medium survivals for Menat and Zeku and some Vol 2 Trials left to do before AE/S3 drops, because who knows what will happen to them, but I’m struggling to find the motivation. I haven’t even logged in to do the weekly FM missions in the last few weeks, which I’m pretty shocked about.

Also, at this point, I’m more excited for the coming Arcade Mode than anything else (I hope they update the AI for the single player modes because it’s horrendous, and make Survival a little more tolerable as well, but I’m not holding my breath)… I’m falling back into my single player ways (sorry @GetTheTables and a few others I played often)…

Spoiler

I knew I always preferred single player games, even when a I bought SFV, but I always thought it was just because it was more fun for me. Now I understand why: I have always had self-esteem issues and can only seem to be happy with myself based on the approval of others, even strangers. Losing in SFV online matches really fucks with my confidence (whether against you guys or random casual matches). My nerves (worry of looking dumb/weak) also seem to cloud my reactions, making matters worse.

I was always artistic (in various mediums) because it gave me the opportunity to create something, as well as it was something I could take time to work on. It also seemed to make me happy with myself for leaving a mark in the world, whether people saw it or not. I’ve lost sight of that somewhere and need a new outlet… I like to play video games as a fun, mindless, break from my work, life, and artistic endeavours; but online SFV is way too taxing (for me) to fit into that category.

Sorry for the rant, just kind of felt like mentioning what was going on.

Ship sailed on that one. The microtransaction model is too profitable. Very easy to nickle and dime a game that doesn’t sell a lot at launch into healthy profitability.

The only thing that has slowed other fighting games from following the plan is Japan not really doing the DLC thing in full yet. That day is coming tho.

My only real hope for the dlc is that people don’t buy the lazy ones.

Those red bull outfits are terrible.

That will show that they don’t even need to try if they make good money on those things.

I’m still a diamond boy. A fraud diamond boy but I’m still hanging on.

I thought F.Champ was the only person that invested 100 plus dollars in DLC. The shills are plentiful.

That you can get DLC characters for “free” with FM is like, really good.

Consider the usual model of selling a new fighter for 5-6 dollars (or whatever it is they sell em to you), and costumes at 3-4 dollars.

They get waaaaaay less return on selling a new character to you (MikeZ says it takes them 250k just to add a skullgirl character, and that was 4 years ago).

In comparison, a new costume is probably just the salary of the artist + the modeller.

That you can also buy stages with FM is also pretty amazing too, since I would place that with costumes as “frivolous shit that players like to burn money on.” They only needed to have characters be unlockable with FM to keep the appearance of esports.

This is one of the few moments I’ll give capcom props for SFV. I’ll go back to bitching about the netcode next post I’m sure.

The Red Bull outfits are basically a free reward for buying a can of Red Bull.

Starting now and going April 30, 2018, you can find these epic Red Bull cans in stores around the world. Each of these cans contain a PlayStation 4 code for exclusive Street Fighter V content located under the tab and can be redeemed at www.redbull.com/streetfighter. Upon redemption, you’ll be given a choice of what item you’d like to download, meaning you don’t have to worry about getting duplicates! You can redeem up to 16 codes per account. Please note, you must have a PlayStation account and a copy of Street Fighter V on PlayStation 4 in order to enjoy this exclusive in-game content.

They already have the Ryu cardboard set up at my local Sleven. Got till end of April to get some Bulls. Probably a way to just scan the code off the can for free if you want to be a shyster.

The outfits will sell regardless because they’re free after the purchase of Red Bull and people love getting their wings.

Well I always just pick one of my waifus. Thank you! =D

$25 for CPT 2016
$10 for CPT 2016 Stage
$10 for CPT 2016 on new account
$25 for CPT 2017
$30 for SP1
$10 for SP1 new account.
$30 for SP2
$30 for SP2 new account
$10 for Summer outfit bundle

Cammy Battle Outfit
Akuma Nostalgia
Mika Schoolgirl

Honestly I’m too lazy to find out how many outfits I got.

Also stages

$200-$250 maybe… I love this game

edit: nope it looks like King still posts but I swear it feels like I never see him on lol

People shitted on FM. Then complain about having to spend real dollars on character in other fighting games…

Capcom can do no right in there eyes no matter what

Basically. I liked the FM deal from the beginning and compliments well the fact that it’s a platform where one disc/download locks you into the same game as everyone else. No mandatory purchase for balanced patches and basic gameplay upgrades. The guy who just spends 5 dollars every now and then on the game can still play with the big nasty whales.

Being able to get any amount of characters without having to spend money is a big deal when now with MVCI Capcom has figured that people will just pay straight money any ways. The next SF game you will definitely be paying cash only for everything like DBZ and everything else.

@TWINBLADES how many Red Bulls you gonna cop in the next few months? Plan to get all of the outfits?

If I could find some in my area I probably would. I want to get Cammy’s and Rogs because Bulls.

A very nice secret Santa already gave me a code for Kolin.

Thank you oh so nice person :^)

It also had bullet hell chun li

Use your normals sparcly to bait out kolin’s vskill and punish is according to the
spacing.

Anybody experience this battle lounge bug were the game freezes??

Hi Froz

Yo anyone up for a set?

season pass 1
season pass 2
cpt pack 1
cpt pack 2
all halloween 1 dlc
all christmas 1 dlc
id say about half of the characters first round premium costumes
and then a bunch of scattered costumes from there.

Papa capcom thinks im a good boy!!! :grin: