The Street Fighter V Lounge: Lounge Discord Link! https://discord.gg/nBE28KE

Ahh, nothing like having a week “off”, where you don’t have to go to office, but you are on call at least 10 hours per day and have to be online on Skype during the work hours.
At least I will be able to grind some FM for season 3 stages and get some online matches during the day to get my shapely butt kicked with my Zangief, which will lead to me learning new tricks and getting better at playing him.
Fun times ahead.

Twinblades didn’t play bad, I was genuinely surprised. I’ve just saw few matches (was too late for me), but he doesn’t look scared at all. Maybe he could punish Pookie jump ins with his counter, but the latter isn’t exactly a kangaroo so I agreed with all the blocked jumps. Twin did a good job even with the staggering with cr.mp, but I dunno how much that’s real. I fall asleep before checking Pookie Rashid, but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen.

I’m full Zeku main right now, this weekend my holidays vacation will start, we can play some sets if you want. Atm I need MU experience the most.

I hate Juri, too. I don’t blame him.

Maybe I should hit ranked again to see if I can hit Platinum. But then I think about how unfun ranked is.

I always get carried by unpopular characters and lack of matchup experience from my opponents.

My high note was SCV and Hilde. Got me up to A2 (A1 was the highest) and I think I only played three other Hilde players on the way up there. Good times.

Now I want Hakan back for S4.

Two of the better players in my area are Sims so I know that one well. Fang doesn’t actually take that long to work out once you figure out when you get a turn, and what you can react to slide wise. The lack of blocking usually kills people playing FANG. He has a couple tricky side switches, but nothing Ibuki level.

I’m not sure if Tokido didn’t know the match up, that would be quite surprising for a S1 character that’s fairly popular ( you do see Birdie quite a bit) and he was one hit away from the clean sweep. I think he just got outplayed. He needed to bait Mena more I think, that’s how you beat those types of Birdies IMO. I mean take every Bull Horn that Mena did in a block string and turn it into a bait and Tokido’s getting a full combo every time. He also gave mena plenty 50/50s from just jumping too much.

I hope they play again.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Favorite Tekken character: Akuma

Tokido had like a 90 percent life lead on tournament point (like he was literally about to win), but then got flustered, whiffed 2 EX DP’s in places where there was absolutely no reason to (the first bad EX DP he did looked so out of place it could pass for an execution error) and then shit went downhill. Even with full V Trigger ready for Birdie, it was still completely Tokido’s fault for losing that round.

If Birdie was top tier people would probably fight him enough to neutral jump his EX free willy’s but, when you just play a matchup every once in a while you just auto pilot to jumping backwards and give up a punish because oh well, you’re gonna win later on. Except with CPT Finals on the line that stuff adds up. Likely could have challenged more of his strings and minus 5 block stuff also.

Reminds me of how lost Punk started to look vs Tokido at Evo. He probably should have gotten more aggressive vs him, but when he did try to get aggressive Tokido was ready and he just wasn’t winning on the ground very often. Which let Tokido do Akuma airborne stuff on him pretty easily.

Yep :whistle:

That’s not how you…no! You’re doing it wrong!

@Froztey Your Discord doesn’t let me in. I thought we were friends!

An SRK discord seems counterintuitive…

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/w50wHylcbXfMUdiJSoNcQYfAlnU/fit-in/1200x630/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-:fill-!white!-/2016/11/14/053/n/1922398/e248a92f7441adb1_tumblr_oct2l9oBOJ1qfeq1mo1_400/i/When-Youre-Trying-Hit-Minimum-Word-Count-Very-Important-Essay-Due-Midnight.gif

Dude, every fucking high level sim is stingy like that. We got richnemesis on our team, he would show up for tournaments and NEVER fucking play sets before or after

2 other online sims I fought are stingy as fuck like that too, dankadillas being one of them off the top of my head

They’re a fucking cabal that don’t want us to learn the matchup. Or dhalsim just attracts dishonest slimeballs in general, hell just look at filipinochamp

Damn it. I was going to mention Fchamp, and then you had to ruin it and edit him into your post.

The main dude I ran sets with in SF4 played Sim. Too bad he doesn’t like SF5.

Learning the MU aside, who the fukk plays against Dhalsim in long sets for FUN??

@Trife88

My bad i haven’t been playing much lately.

Whats your CFN?? i gotta add you to the thot list.

Worst thread title to date

Yup, Sim and Guile are like that to me.

The title of the thread should include the name “Ingrid” and let’s see what happens next. :slight_smile:

Never playing people in casuals so they can’t form a counter to your style/character is old school sandbagging.

Pyrolee used to complain that Amir never played him sets outside of tournament for this exact reason.