The Street Fighter 3poxy Strike: Everybody at home but SF5 doesn't have Netcode

I think that is for the better that people are branching into other games.
The fgc will only be healthy if the people support games they like and are willing to experiment and experience new stuff.

There are so many gems out there that can surprise people in a good way and become a new love.

Like when in the arcades there was a new machine and everyone jumped into it to try it.
(I am kind of old, lol)

2 Likes

It’s a lot of poke, counter poke, whiff punishment.

Honestly, I think you’d really like it.

And it’s got buttons that do 30% health

Correction: 2019 has buttons that’ll do like 80%+ health under the right conditions

2 Likes

A fair point.

I just love SF as a franchise, and i hate the feeling of not liking the latest title if that makes any sense.

1 Like

It happens. I stopped playing SF4 for a few years then sort of came back to it later.

There’s a lot of new games out there that are fun to play. Worth trying all of them.

3 Likes

Do you have it on PS4 as well?

It makes sense, i dislike the direction that GG is going with Strive :man_shrugging:
But instead of looking it as a negative, look it as an opportunity to try new stuff.

I also like the SF franchise, after all it was the 1st ish fg i played (it was actually a bootleg version of SF2 on the nes called Master Fighter 2)
It was one of the games that made me love fgs.

Maybe is the old arcade mentality, but i grew up playing multiple fgs as they were added to the arcades near me, so i was always playing different stuff over the years and became something like an habit to try new stuff.

I kid you not, i think i have all the fgs in exstance and have played them all and would say that i have yet to find a game i hate, everyone seems to be enjoyable at least at casual level, except for 1, MvCI, lol, that game is neither part of my collection, or i have played it for a matter of principles.

3 Likes

Yeah. It sorta died on my local scene and online was bad, so I dropped off. Jubei is my boy, tho

1 Like

I certainly hope SamSho PC has good netcode. It’s the only other game that could make me pick up a fighting game right now, after how much I’ve been hurt by SFV’s “fix”. Haven’t touched the game in months.

Oh i am open to try new games i have no issue.

One game i wanted to learn but could not ( granted i didn’t give it enough time ) was KOF 14. Seems fun but it felt weird for me. It’s like the attacks have zero hitsun,everything seemed super tight for combos.

I wonder how 15 will be though, it is in the works afaik.

I used to get my gameplay/matchup fill from the SRK Bison forum back in year 1. Now I get it from the Bison discord, reliably might I add. This isn’t the place to talk about that shit anymore unfortunately, and that’s in large part due to the hijacking of the SF5 lounge by Non-SF5 fans and players (and overall decay of SRK).

4 Likes

I’m convinced and hopeful that SNK heads seeing the positive reception themselves throughout Kripsy Kaiser’s streams means that we’ll see their future games get rollback. Maybe even improve this game’s netcode.

Kaiser’s a real good CM.

1 Like

Oh hey Daemos is bitching about me without dropping my name.
I’m so proud of myself.

2 Likes

Well, that is probably because SNK games are kind of the inverse when it comes to combo logic to capcom fgs, in that you go from high to low in strenght, to say it in a very oversimplified way.

If you watch my matches, you will see that for example with iroha, specials with weak attacks take longer to come out, while the one with the strongest one comes out sooner.

Also, SNK games tend to be inbetween of pure gounded games, like SF, and air dashers like GG and MVC (yes i include MVC on airdashers :P)

They have a lot of mobility options, specially KOF, with all their different types of jumps, so the pace of the game is more quicker and involves more jumps.

Nigga, is a fucking Lounge.
You are not supposed to get your fill for SFV here.
It is after all, the any topic goes thread on the SFV section.

You have all the other threads for that, this is a place to retreat and talk of whatever people want.

Dont get pissy because people are using the thread as intended, lmao.

1 Like

Daemos getting don’t hate the player, hate the game backwards

2 Likes

Nah, there’s way too much deflection on this issue right now. :thinking:

A lot of people have played or are still playing this recently. I ran sets on this last night through happenstance. Others have tried to make it work but the netcode stops them from doing so. You can’t blame people for problems with this shoddy ass product.

But that isn’t the matter at hand, its that there have been plenty of gameplay convos and you’ve never participated in them. Even when people were struggling playing Bison, you never dipped in with advice; or when the reverse happen, you didn’t drop match up help.

Seeing as I’ve played Volt in SF2, 3S and SF5 and I’ve never seen you play…I don’t believe you actually play this game at all.

:triumph:

5 Likes

It’s OK guys. Even the best band mates get into fights but smooth things out later. Check it out how Manson’s guitarist gets!

2 Likes

Remember this ?

Ryu had 2 EX bars, different moves and all. Tbh i wonder for what crazy stuff they will go for SF 6.

5 Likes

I got really interested by that, i thought that they were going to try to expand the formula, then the closed beta came out, it ok, not like the reveal, but it looked promising, then the game came out and the train of dissapointments began :rofl:

We may never know but i really wonder what happened in SFV’s development cycle.

If Sony really pushed for an early release then i hope SF6 is all Capcom and nothing else.

Also,damn, Chun in that demo was a totally different character.

1 Like