The Spider's Lair - Juri

Popularity results are in. Surprising rank for Juri despite the atrocious way SFV has treated her…

Nr 3 spot nice. And tbh Sakura and Makoto are nr 1 and 2 pretty much cause they aint in the game yet.

People like Juri and she always up there,she is just a cool character,her place in the tier list wont change that.Now,if only Capcom would show more love in those patch notes.

Pretty sure Juri was top 5 in all popularity polls.

You guys are some of the worst whiners.

I’m excited for s3, my favourite change is the TC change for sure.
Fireball store will be even more important since the corner carry is actually really good with TC + fireball.

Yea for sure she did improve.Will have to see how she can perform in S3.Overall im okish with her changes,just disapointed we didnt get anything fun and creative and most of all useful,when it comes to VT2.

I feel that most people who are saying Juri will still be trash are the people who are made they didn’t get the specific changes they want. Which is understandable.

But I think would v triggers in a round, even if a bit weaker, is for the better. And her target combo is here best buff imo. I think people are really underestimating how good this change is.

If found some very cool setups dealing with her life Fuha, and tell best part is you can get it from the target combo into dp, and just set up a plus fireball that you just got and keep the pressure going.

I didnt expect her to be voted 3rd most popular however overall she is a popular character. Previous poll before SFV was releases she cracked the 8 most popular cuaracters also i believe.

This poll is skewed though as it’s done when sfv has been out for 2 years already and people are more likely to vote on characters that aren’t in sfv currently as a signal that people really want them. Makoto is a good example. I know she is liked by not THAT liked.

A.e has been installed. Lab time.
Weeeee
Juriiii

I’ve been messing around in offline mode on AE version.

AA jab is pretty meh now ( stil works in some scenarios ), but her cr hp seems quite solid, though still not much point to use it vs her medium dp and st hp. I was pleasantly surprised that her v-skill, both charged and uncharged still grants quite a decent amount of v-trigger bar. So if we manage this properly we will be able to build her vtrigger quite fast. I predict 2 times use per round if managed properly. Not increddible,but things are looking up a bit.

Edit : her st mp into st mk into cancel is much easier now.
Edit 2 : what i hate is that i can’t cancel her VT 2 from specials ( afaik ) ,not that im gonna use it but still.
Edit 3 : her EX dp now completely passes through Akuma’s VT 1 double air fireball,you still want to do it as late as possible though,right before the the fireball is about to hit you.

It seems like we can get some sick combos from it with the lk release

Care to elaborate? This bullshit backwoods German internet will keep me from playing for a couple days, so I need all the info I can get.

watching Frotzey streaming, you can go for a lk release xx ex ryo on a succesfull CC, depending on your stores you can get something like 300 and more dmg out of an anti air

From the training mode frame data, if someone blocks a fireball at its max range, that fireball is around +14 to +18. Though no one is going to block it at that range, im just trying to put a number on the longer reaching fireball.

The fireball travels far enough to make an overhead safe, or jump over them and have the fireball still hit.

I’m not sure if this block string (cr.lp, cr.hp) reached before. If it didn’t, it does now. I tried it on a standing Karin dummy.

Off of, HK release xx LK release:
The fireball does reach a back tech, but it’s too slow to meaty, they can jump out, they can walk back. They cant hit buttons though.

Does C.hp have any more horizontal range now?

VT1:
depletes after 4 fuhajins.
depletes after 9 normal chains.
It takes 8 uncharged or 6 charged vskills to fill the vgauge. That seems to be about the same from Season 2. You could probably get vtrigger off of 4 vskills with the old meter gain, that’s probably why they lowered the meter gain.

If you’re going for max damage punishes, it’s probably better to activate before the combo because the extra scaling from a vtrigger cancel eats away at VT1 damage per move. I think this has always been the case, but the more taxing VT1 stores really solidify this.

I might be the only one but I want three bar v trigger back

One good thing I noticed is that counter hit push back has been fixed so now st mp into st mk is more consistent. Overall she’s the same with just more damage

Very disappointed she can’t cancel block target combo it would make charging easier. Ken can do it why not juri

To be fair Ken doesn’t have a -2 special move and he has to spend meter to make it safe, but yes it would have made TC really good.

Target combo is just to help beginners with her strings. Now that counter hit s.MP, s.MK cancel is consistent it’s not a big deal.

Also.

Testing random unoptimal stuff from 0 bar

Seems that because she stacks with her standard meter building and the V Trigger building, she can basically build 3 bars from 0 while only actually draining a bar and a half from the opponent. Basically, as long as your opponent has more than one EX bar you could gain 2 to 3 bars. You don’t really destroy their super bar, but you can basically give yourself most of your super bar from near nothing if you get a good string going.

VT2 also gives you much better VTC confirms. Can just land any stray button and get combos so it’s not as reliant on fireball stores to get going and works more like traditional VTC’s. s.MK or c.MK on block into VTC leaves you plus enough to beat 3 frame jabs with 3 frame buttons.