The Spider's Lair - Juri

Doesn’t seem fantastic but when you think about the fact that all reversals are meter dependent this could allow Juri to shut down a lot of characters’ wake-up options with it’s activation.

I still think VT1 will probably be the go-to, unless she has some buffs that make VT2 offer up some higher damage via multiple EX moves.

I do wonder if that’s the only thing it does.

I mean, some characters get parries,command grabs and new moves and ahe gets a debuff that drains meter.
Without jumping on the hate train,you can see how underwhelming this feels.

It needs to enhance her other moves somehow because if it does not, I see no reason at all to pick VT2 over VT1.

I’m getting a bit worried now, here it says VT1 is still 3-bars, it does however confirm that VT2 is 2-bars.

I hope the site is outdated and they still need to add stuff.

I can’t imagine her not gaining a new special or normal when others got so much.

There’s no freaking way she gets to be ass for 3 years in a row.

Here is the most up to date version, since it has Ryu listed with Donkey Kick and Menat with Soul Spark. It still has Juri’s VT1 listed at 3 bars. It also show Laura’s VT1 as 3 bars.

We can only pray for crazy framedata/hitbox buffs now bros

2 years of waiting and we are reduced to this…

https://youtu.be/l-NTYUKJ2hM

I want to see the change log. The new vtrigger is only half the equation. It looks like you want to stay close, to use VT2 well. Even with the activation pulling them in, how well can you stay close with Juri as is? Too many things leave her -2 or more. Stagger mp maybe? People will naturally want to run from VT2, same thing happens with VT1, but at least with VT1 her dash gets better and I have stores on deck. What will I do with the meter I steal? I sit on meter a lot as is.

Not feeling VT2 at the moment.

Also it’s another vtrigger with restrictions: no drain from throws or when airborne.

According to ultradavid, fang had no changes to his extremely shitty VT1 either, so it’s not looking good for Juri right now.
If she gets no changes to VT1, it stays 3-bar, this is all there is to VT2 and she gets no new normals/moves, I won’t even know what to say.

I thought for sure atleast one of these would change for the better and I’ve got a feeling there are only minimal changes to the framedata.

People are reporting that Urien can’t st hp into dash cr hp,so they definettly are prepared to change frame data that leads into major things.

Maybe Juri gets some good data in S3…just maybe.

VT 2 itself is easily the worst of the VT2 ,and its not just the salt talking, i honestly see no reason to use it. She can’t cancel attacks anymore,no more access to stores. I see no reason at all to use it, not to mention it drains itself very fast.

it looks like they’ve buffed the hitstun on the first hit of st. mk, probably to make it easier to cancel.

VT2 won’t be great unless she can actually apply effective pressure i guess. Honestly it;s uninspired and boring so i would never choose it regardless, would’ve rather seen a 2nd VT that focused on zoning.

More interested in her VT1 and general changes…which i hope aren’t final lol.

Why does Capcom hate Juri so much?!

Could be worse. Better than Ibuki losing everything. Here’s to hoping that her frame data is buffed if there aren’t any new moves to use.

Even if it was effective, it’s not something FUN to have ,it’s a game after all.

When other characters get new abilities and way to combo into stuff,she gets pretty much nothing.It’s easily one of the most flawed designes for a for a trigger i have seen. Just look at all the info that is starting to show about other characters,other ways to setup stuff,flashy cool stuff. Juri ? nothing.

Funny thing is that her VT 2 move video was previewed one of the first by the people who are there playing the AE build, so people were curious and hopeful for something,but i guess Capcom never fails to disappoint.

Yeah but the the build isn’t final. Theres still hope? But like in gatcha games I expect nothing.

It still drains the opponents meter even if she has full meter
If you have full meter you get nothing
It doesn’t drain when the opponent is knocked down
It doesn’t drain when the opponent is in blockstun
Still massive pushback on st. mp

That’s dumb. If that’s her second v trigger then she better get massive frame data buffs or something