The SFxT ver. 2013 guide and tech compendium

Those and also what it can and can’t counter, since it isn’t as strictly defined in this game as it is in SF4. ie., can’t counter Alisa’s rocket fists or Cody’s rocks/knife (I believe that’s the same as SF4), can’t counter super projectiles like Ryu’s (possible in SF4) or Poison’s supers (not sure about Poison’s from far range), things like that I think would be good.

Also would be good to detail how it works with crossups, corner, and the dangers of using it on wakeup without a good read.

…that’s probably too much bt I figured I’d brainstorm it all out. XD

Ah good idea. Didn’t think about that. I’ll expand on kasatushi to include all of that.
Also, I’m fiddling with cl.mk, trying to remember who the 2nd hit whiffs on when crouched. Problem is it keeps connecting, even on baby Sakura. Any idea why? I swear I’ve had it whiff before, but I may be confusing it with AE.

honestly it seems to be completely random to me, I’ve never been able to consistently reproduce it… the only constant is that they’re always crouching when it whiffs. Always.

Fun times. Oh well, if you find anthing, be sure to drop a post. I 'll get back in the lab!

oh that reminds me… IIRC, Juri’s s.jab whiffs on crouching Sakura and Bison, correct?

I just tested it to be sure, but no, it seems to connect.

R-really? I swear it used to miss… stealth changed in 2013?

Either that or my old man memory is all effed up again lol.

Thanks for checking though, not at home to do so myself! (at work)

BC’s with Juri just isn’t worth the hassle The position you are in to do a BC with Juri might as well do a solo/SWC combo instead and go for a setup. The dmg scaling isn’t worth the effort. But that’s just me. No a point blank range every move of Juri’s will connect. only fs.hp will not connect on most crouching characters. st.lp will connect on all crouchers.

Abc launcher is the easiest, safest and meterless tool to tag out for every character. Some can safely tag out after a throw, but it can get beaten by jab mashing and throw teching.
You can fail pretty badly, if you don’t know which chains do not work.

Juri’s stand jab at least USED to whiff on crouching Bison sometimes. Had something to do with his breathing animation or when you’d do say cr.lk st.lp certain frames of hitstun would keep him from getting hit. Not sure on the specifics. Definitely used to whiff sometimes though.

I rarely use st.lp anyway, so eh, no big deal.

To the lab! I’ll get to the bottom of this.

…But it’s her best light normal for linking, and her best light when a fuhajin is stored!

Eh, Cr.mp has the same startup, more range, active longer and a good AA and does more dmg. When it comes to normal with Juri I’m not super worried about it. Having said that Juri does has solid normals and almost all of them get used frequently unlike other characters where only a few normals can/should be used. Juri can practically use all of hers to full effect, albeit…some are harder to use then others.

N-no, cr.mp has 5 frames of startup, opposed to s.lp’s 3.
I’m not saying it’s better, because it’s not the same thing.
S.lp is a great tool for confirming combos and applying pressure, cr.mp is used as an AA and for linking into. And s.mp is better for that!

ummm Juri doesn’t have any 3 frame normal…her only 4frame normal are cl.lk, cr.lp/lk. those are her fastest attacks.

Whelp, I just got told. I’ll just go and kill myself. :slight_smile:
Still, cr.mp isn’t a complete substitute!

It kinda is. Cancel into Fuhajin creating 95% safe against the cast, can opt to counter to continue with pressure or just block and go defensive.

Bison PC Tech (Yung Ice):

Lei/Xiaoyu synergy videos (street11 & LordWilliam):

It isn’t a substitute, it has its own uses. s.lp is +3, cr.mp is -1. On block they can’t do anything after s.lp even if I dont’ cancel into a Fuhajin. With cr.mp, I have to cancel into something (CADC back, counter, Fuhajin, whatever) since I can’t do anything after it (store is -4 but does have amazing pushback). That essentially ends my pressure unless I take a risk (which is totally viable, but still a risk).

Also, I can still cancel s.lp it into a store, if I so desire. And s.lp is safer to chain from than cr.mp.

cr.mp is definitely better overall, but we can’t disregard and discourage boost combos completely, or the tools that enable them the most. They have their uses and its good to know how/why/when to use them.

This is especially true with characters like Juri, Alisa, Cammy, etc. that have specific things about their BCs that force you to go a different “branch” to get the best results (ie., Juri’s cs.HP launching, Alisa’s cs.HP launching, Cammy’s range issues with cs.HK in boost, etc).

Ahhhhhhh I knew this was a thing! XD It used to get me blown up against Sak and Bison a lot, but it must have been stealth-fixed, possibly even prior to v2013.