The SF4 Juggle System:

If you catch them out of the air with the second hit of it, it sets their JC to 1 and simultaneously knocks them down. I call it a bug because it defies all of the evidence I’ve gathered here in the thread–no move, except that one, simultaneously knocks someone down and adds to the juggle count. Every other move in the game when used to alter someone from one state to another doesn’t add to the juggle count except the second hit of Ken’s lk tatsu.

with all that research u wrote this on sakuras part
*Notable Juggles:
EX Tatsu > Anything but super *
kinda pointless to say really

But if you shoryuken the out of the air doesnt it also knock them down and add to the juggle counter?

damn this new posting system

No, what he’s saying is, LK Tatu adds to the counter twice, every other move that hits a jumping opponent starts the Juggle state (JP 0) LK Tatsu takes that staight to JP1 for some peculiar reason.

As if you did say, Canon Spike -> FADC -> Canon Spike = JP 1, LK Tatsu = JP 1, pretty strange.

I’dsay, as kich said, it’s an unintended effect.

As for the BAlrog Ultra, think you might be right, it may not ascend, perhaps it is uniquely created hit by hit. I deffinately know the first hit is JP 1 though.

Hard to clarify it without system info though.

As pokey said, no, this is not correct. If you read the initial part of the thread explaining the system, shoryukening someone out of the air is considered changing someone’s player state. They go from one player state (Jumping) to another state (Standard Knockdown State).

Always remember that about juggling. Akuma outlines this idea very well with his bread and butter. There’s a reason that all 3 hits of his Fierce Punch Shoryuken connect after he LK Tatsu’s.

BNB:
1: Some hit confirm.
2: The Light kick tatsumaki puts them in float state. This changes them FROM Standing TO Float Knockdown, the Juggle Count doesn’t exist yet because Float Knockdown only lasts 1 hit (unless the move has the property to keep them there).
3: The Fierce Punch Shoryuken’s first hit puts them in standard knockdown. This changes them FROM Float Knockdown TO Standard Knockdown, the Juggle Count now exists because they’re in standard knockdown. Since it was the hit that changed them from Float Knockdown TO Standard Knockdown, it doesn’t add anything to it.
4: The FP SRK’s second hit puts the JC to 1.
5: The FP SRK’s third hit puts the JC to 2.

Does that explain that concept better or?

You really shouldn’t call it “standing float” just call it standing, otherwise it sounds like some other hit state.

True, I’ll simplify some of the terms in the initial post.

– Done. Altered those to just Standing and Jumping, fixed the Crumple description, fixed a minor artifact from the initial-initial-ness of the post (made the assumption people were reading about Akuma).

Remember all, read the initial post of this thread, more importantly, read the section on the Juggle Count. I bolded what is most important, but it’s not a particularly long read.

ken’s air ex tatsu has at least 5 jp. i have been able to connect air ex tatsu’s one after another

Yeah you can, i can to, how many hits? & how do you initiate?

My controlled test showed 5 maximum hits. The first hit knocks down, the next 4 makes the Juggle Potential 4.

As does mine

Some of the new ultra’s are in. If you take a quick look, Ken’s ultra knocks down on every hit yet keeps them where they are. This looks promising for him for the tier ranks and to beef up his juggle game. If they really do ALL knock down this is a very good sign, as it implies a very high level of juggle potential from the room, possibly infinite like Sagat’s.

Looks peculiar though, if it doesn’t have infin JP then you’d have to have great spacing to land the combo outside of first hit.

HP SRK -> FADC -> EX Tatsu (4 hits) -> Ultra ---- midscreen :stuck_out_tongue:

as someone doing modding on the pc version of the game i know some of this isn’t entirely right, but very close to right

there’s no hard and fast rule on this. the data files can set whatever property they want on a jumping hit, including knockdown, so not all normals have to put you in reset state.
Hitting a jumping person and juggling both have the same on hit properties. standing can be completely different and crouching can as well. all 3 of these also have a counterhit version.
throws are always the same, crouching or standing or jumping (in the case of airthrows) if they hit.
the 2nd part of focus crumple counts as jumping/juggle state as far as the hit result is concerned. the first counts as standing. well crumple from crouching might count as crouching, not sure on this. I know that crumple from standing (01009300, aka DAMAGE_KUZURE_S) is a different state than crumple from crouching (01009400, DAMAGE_KUZURE_C).

the list of states that can be done from 01 is
00 STAND
01 CROUCH
02 STAND2CROUCH
03 CROUCH2STAND
04 STAND2JUMP
05 JUMP
06 JUMP2STAND
07 STAND2JUMP_F
08 JUMP_F
09 JUMP2STAND_F
0A STAND2JUMP_B
0B JUMP_B
0C JUMP2STAND_B
0D TURN_STAND
0E TURN_CROUCH
0F TURN_WALK
10 FORWARD
11 BACKWARD
12 DASH
13 BACKDASH
14 STAND2GUARD
15 GUARD_STAND
16 GUARD2STAND
17 CROUCH2GUARD
18 GUARD_CROUCH
19 GUARD2CROUCH
the BOUND states are various untechable knockdown states that cannot be combo’d off of because they teleport to the ground and are invincible (they function like a sweep, but sweeps dont tend to use these).
1A BOUND_UPWARD_L
1B BOUND_UPWARD_M
1C BOUND_UPWARD_H
1D BOUND_DOWNWARD_L
1E BOUND_DOWNWARD_M
1F BOUND_DOWNWARD_H
20 DOWN_UPWARD
21 DOWN_DOWNWARD
22 RISE_UPWARD
23 RISE_DOWNWARD
24 RISE_UPWARD_STUN
25 RISE_DOWNWARD_STUN
26 B_DOWN_UPWARD
27 B_DOWN_DOWNWARD

blocking
40 GUARD_HL
41 GUARD_HM
42 GUARD_HH
43 GUARD_ML
44 GUARD_MM
45 GUARD_MH
46 GUARD_LL
47 GUARD_LM
48 GUARD_LH
49 GUARD_CL
4A GUARD_CM
4B GUARD_CH

regular standing hits
80 DAMAGE_HL
81 DAMAGE_HM
82 DAMAGE_HH
83 DAMAGE_ML
84 DAMAGE_MM
85 DAMAGE_MH
86 DAMAGE_LL
87 DAMAGE_LM
88 DAMAGE_LH
89 DAMAGE_CL
8A DAMAGE_CM
8B DAMAGE_CH
reset hits
8C DAMAGE_JL
8D DAMAGE_JM
8E DAMAGE_JH

90 DAMAGE_UPPER - overheads and stuff tend to use these
91 DAMAGE_LOWER

92 DAMAGE_ASHIBARAI - sweeps
93 DAMAGE_KUZURE_S - fa standing / crouching
94 DAMAGE_KUZURE_C

counterhit tigeruppercut spin out shit… generally not used off of 01
C0 BLOW_HL
C1 BLOW_HM
C2 BLOW_HH
C3 BLOW_VL
C4 BLOW_VM
C5 BLOW_VH
C6 BLOW_SL
C7 BLOW_SM
C8 BLOW_SH

now other than this instead of 01009300 and all that shit you have some like 04000200 that is the state many specials put into, and antiair focus attack. tiger uppercut puts into 04000000. not sure on the differences between those.

now many attacks beyond this they have a number
"28: juggle class (00 combos into anything, and the higher the value the less moves will combo into it. At 05 it seems that only supers and ultras will combo)"
this is whether your juggle is a “standard knockdown” or a “float knockdown”… except there are varying degrees to this. 00 is your float knockdown. 01 is what many many moves have, on the other hand some moves have higher which means that less and less moves can combo off of them. I first thought this may be just how many the move adds to the juggle counter, but a move with 00 cannot combo into itself indefinitely so this is not the case. sagat’s forward roundhouse if set to 00 still can only do 2 hits (its normally 01), but it lets you do like f.rh then reset with another normal. on the other hand set to 02 can’t do any hits past 1 (both other moves can juggle).

I do not know about the “juggle potential”, as we have only accessed things like what moves do on hit but we do not yet entirely know how to alter the moves themselves (though we have been making progress on this front recently).

^^nice, tis helps us confirm our conclusions^^

The system is following (relatively) the same concept Kich has come up with & the Juggle Potential reset flags on some attacks is apprearing to be the correct conclusion, one i was originally skeptical about. As it turns out, the evidence is pointing directly to Kich’s position.

This is explained above, in you’re (or the systems) terminology turning f.rh in to 00 would mean hitting a jumping opponent with it will turn them in to float stun, this means they are fully juggle-able, followed with another hit, means the Juggle would be 01 (Standard knockdown) most float stun attacks don’t hit in this state.

I would hazard a guess, that if you’re capable of chaging that juggle counter, if you changed his f.rh to 05 you’d technically be able to do it 5 times on the spin.

btw on the subject of this… ken’s ultra, that mystery move that it’s so hard to get to connect full: it has a low “juggle potential” to use your terminology.
if we have a hacked version of him as such:
[media=youtube]ZpMH5DHTgL8[/media]
that has a c.fp launcher with 00 juggle class there that you see that ken can do c.fp and then full ultra. c.fp c.fp will combo, as does c.fp c.fp nonfull ultra. but not c.fp c.fp c.fp
if i set that c.fp to 01 juggle class then i only get the shitty ken ultra if i try c.fpl ultra. c.fp c.fp doesn’t combo on this at all

Could you please PM me when there’s an easy way to alter hit properties on moves? i would live to play around with that XD

Maybe you should sheck the first hit of Ryus j.MP, and see what on hit properties it has, because it can combo into itself indefinitely.

Yeah, look for the hit propperties on the first hit of Ryu’s, Goukens, Seth’s J.MP, Rufus’s J.HK (First hit) or Goukens Fireballs, they all can be juggled indefinately.

Doesn’t ex galactic tornado have juggle?