The SF4 Juggle System:

Ultra sometimes look like it will hit, but it won’t.

You can’t. I’ve already mentioned this. And with cammy, I’m quite sure it’s the last hit before the cannon spike that triggers the rest of the ultra.

Btw, you still have standard knockdown on rufus far s.HK, its float on the ground, and standard in the air.

And speaking of Rufus, the HK finish of his messiah kick has CCSK, not CCHK.

If hit in the air, the first hit of his EX palm does cause float state, the second hit then hits making it JP0 (In your terminology, Kich), to prove this, simply do Back throw -> EX Palm -> FADC (After first hit)-> Ultra

Also in regards to his super i imagine it has ascending JP rather than full infinite. To test this, do J.MP x 2 then Super, it’s incredibly hard to hit any extra hits.

It’s pretty clear now that in SFIV the developers are just choosing what effects a particular move has, as to whether it hits air or not, there clearly isn’t a set methodology to it.To many variations to basepoint that, because a move does standard stun on a standing opponent that it won’t/will, Reset/Standard/Float juggle them.

I’d have guessed after people saw that SRK’s hitting full in air & not resetting the opponent on the stun hits (Akuma/Kens MP first hit for example)

But in terms of air hits, am i wrong in saying there really is only 4 states the enemy can go? Untechable knockdown (ex: Akuma Palm) Reset (Sakuras lol Super) Standard Knockdown (LP SRK, from shotos) & Float knockdown (Gouken Projectiles)

untechable standard knockdown from some supers/ultras :3

… Fine… One upme why don’t you

:stuck_out_tongue:

The Lightning Legs situation isn’t necessarily a unique player state. All it is is that the move, once it connects, forces the rest of the animation on your opponent. Notice how Akuma violently convulses then gets launched–those are the kicks “connecting”.

So what it means is that the hit stun of that move is independent of the kicks, and only the initial hit matters.

Yes, that’s why I listed hits 2-16 as “no hitstun”. The 17th hit results in a different knockback arc than the one seen in the video. In the video, he is still on the ground when he is flying through the air.

If you hit them on the ground, they’re in normal hitstun, but when you hit them in the air, they’re in a weird state between airborne and standing.

Does he actually fall to the ground if you do nothing at that point?

Yes. Experiment with it a little yourself, you can see the set-up in that video.

[media=youtube]D-I4V9Voeco&feature=subtivity[/media]
0:12, LP snake strike has 5 hits? I had no idea.

Hey, I’m back. Anyways, I never knew about this. I tried very, very hard to get his snake strike to hit more than 3 times in the air and never could. I suppose for completions sake I could alter it but, quite frankly, if those hits never connect in a situation in which you’d be using the move the juggle, it doesn’t particularly matter to the point of this thread.

This is all correct. My intention with saying that gouken’s palm didn’t knockdown was that (again, being knee deep in my jargon) the move itself doesn’t actually have a knockdown property. It has the potential to knockdown, but only if they’re in the air or some similar situation. On a normal, grounded opponent the move won’t knock down though.

I’ll make this correction. Vega’s ultra has a JP of 0, as a lk ST > ultra (which apparently should connect from the looks of it) doesn’t connect.

– In regards to a PM sent to me. Someone showed me that Ken’s light kick tatsumaki is actually quite broken. It’s the only move in the game who’s knockdown actually adds to the JC. Easiest to try on dhalsim but, as he’s falling, lk.tatsu him so that the spin kick (not the knee) connects, then try and super / EX SRK, super whiffs and only the last hit of EX SRK connects. However, if you then repeat this situation and only hit them with the knee, the super connects as if you had just hit them with a hadouken out of the air or something similar.

I wrote my theory of the situation in his section under that move. Juggle thread fully updated with all relevant data.

[media=youtube]l1Lsjf_TAT4&fmt=22[/media]

This video proves some stuff I posted in my PM.

Aye, most everything you sent me was updated.

The only thing that I see that you need to change is:

Dhalsims Yoga mummy causes CCSK, not CCR. Just try it on an airborne opponent, and then do super.

Things like separating Blankas ball-attacks just because some of them won’t knock down on the ground would just be uneccessary though, so just leave them be XD

Will you be doing one of these for SSFIV? I will definitely help you if you do.

Absolutely. I’ll fix that dhalsim thing in a moment. I’m curious to know if any of the character’s juggling abilities will be changing at all…so I’ll have to do a preliminary run through of all of them to see if anything seems very different than before.

Plus all of the new characters need investigation.

Yeah, i’ll help you as best i can.

In regards to Rufus you put

Far standing roundhouse:
1: JP = 0 - CCSK - Knock Down (Standard)

This causes Float, if it hits an aerial opponent it causes Standard

Crazy thread :slight_smile:

Ah, just a slip up. I’ll fix.

ither way it’slooking very solid, things like Sagats JP Fireballs (LK) i didn’t even know, as well as other ones. It’s really hard to find faults with anything now. I think you coud probably elaborate on KEns Super (That, if you hit them in to Float state they remain in float state) but at present that is still very spurious, i’m sure it relates to the final hit hitting

Have any of you ever pulled off this combo:

FA LVL 2/3 -> HP SRK (2 hits) -> Super -> HP SRK (3 hits)

BEcause, though i’ve hit this with EX SRK, i’ve never done it with, well anything else after. Does EX SRK hit faster?

**EDIT - **Just noticed.

Both of his HP versions of his Super & Ultra are both JP 0, His Super is JP -> 1-2-3-4-5… This is part assumption, reason being is, you can’t do HEadbutt -> Ultra -> Super, JP is just to high, & you can’t hit the first hit after Ultra -> Super because the Ultra has two standard knockdown hits at te end, making JP 1.

& i don’t think his Ultra is infin, it’s as good as most likely, but i don’t think infin.

EDIT - Here’s a thorough tests results

Balrog Super = JP 1-2-3-4-5 (0-0-0-0-0 for Punch Variation)*

Balrog Ultra = JP [1-2]-[3-4]-[5-6]-[7-8]-[9-10-11] (Hit 10 & 11 are standard knockdown, final hit elevates the enemy upwards & spinning) square brackets denotes each punch.

Punch Variation is as follows [1-0]-[0-0]-[0-0]-[0-0]-[9-10-11]

Here’s how i worked it out. Headbutt -> Ultra Punch only = Hits once & never hits again, you can do P-P-K-K-K for a very reliable version of the ultra that will keep the enemy in full combo, at, away from or apporaching the corner. Still, i’d stick to K-P-K-K-K personally.

Ultra -> Ultra = AsUltra has two knockdown hits at the end it makes JP 1, this means only the second hit of the first punch hits, & i’ve never been capable of getting 2 hits of the Ultras first hit. This leads me to believe that it ascends. But for all i know it could be 1-2-3-4 -infin… But i doubt it.

*Curiously enough, if you don’t do the Kick version of the Supers 4th hit, the 5th &final hit will whiff. The Ultra doesn’t seem to suffer form this problem.

This is all pretty minor really, as Ultra Ultra will never be done, but i s’pose it’s decent to know.

About balrog’s ultra.I think that the last 2 hits have the same juggle as it seems that from the last punch which has 3 hits only 2 connect. so it would be like [9-10-10],and the the 2 hits of the fourth punch have the same juggle ,as only one of them hits and it doesnt seem like a hitbox issue as the punch goes right through them.Just like in guile’s ultra case,where because his first set of hits all have 3 juggle,so in a juggle after one hits,the other 2 will not.

And i think blankas super has juggle one,but only the ground part,as you can do super ~ super on a jumping opponent,but only one hit of the second super will register and the rest will wiff right through them.I’ll try and make videos to back it up.

Also please excuse me for not understanding,but i dont get what the bug is with ken LK tatsu?

Gilley is a dick