The Sacramento (916)- "cuz we hype as S***" Thread!

I would like to see

cvs2,mvc2, 3s, ST, and GG XX AC.

I think CVS2 would be a great choice.

In addition to the games listed in the first post, this is what I can bring to tourneys.

-KOF XI
-Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
-Melty Blood Act Cadenza
-Arcana Heart
-T5:DR
-Fatal Fury Special/RB2
-Alpha 3

I also have a custom Sanwa for PS2 I can bring.

You guys are on your own for a TV. I’ve got a 14 inch, and a 300 pound big screen. I don’t think either would be worth bringing.

I don’t think there really is a scene for any of those games here in Sacramento, but there may be a few that just happen to play.

Yeah, true, that was mainly for completions sake :china:

I think it would be fun to start a Garou scene, or something out of the ordinary.

I can get at least 4-6 A3 players up from stockton with minimal effort. Probably more if I have a couple weeks heads up.

Just sayin’.

you’re such a downer

cheer up negative nancy

ok just in case we do get the place for whatever day. I have this question.

Who can bring a tv/tv’s?

I can not.

Anyone else?

what i can bring is 1 ps2 MAS with 3 converters to DC and a DC

-RAM

Out of Rave’s list i think Alpha 3 would most likely be the one other game to throw into the mix because i know a lot of people from Sac play this game (sac state tournies were frequent from what i heard). But our problem lies in the amount of usable t.v.s I can spot two t.v.'s while a friend of mine can bring one t.v. That’s three t.v.'s that we have usable. As far as playstation 2’s go i am looking at my inventory and i’m in fucked central because they’re both broken @@. But i got a ps3 i might bring if i absolutely have to. My friend has a single ps2 with controllers (but of course everyone is gonna bring their own shit of course ^^) so that takes care of 3 t.v.'s and 3 consoles. So we got the bare minimum covered. Any support is most appreciated guys. :wgrin:

good shit man!

so far:

3 tv’s
1 ps2
1 DC
3 ps2 to DC converters
1 ps2 MAS

I dont see any problems with consoles in the future because if we do have a tourney and we post at least 3 weeks or later in advance people will let us know if they can make it and what they can bring.

Now so far my vote is for the 3 tv’s we have now to go to the top 3 games that i know are played out here in sac.

cvs2
mvc2
GGXX AC

thats just how i feel about it right now. But we will see what happens. I called great escapes today and they said that there owner will be in tomorrow so i will call them again tomorrow and see what the next step is going to be.

If possible i would like to see weekly sessions at great escape. Maybe every sat or friday night. Who knows at this point the we will see what happens tomorrow.

-RAM

Whenever you guys run a tourney, if I can make it, I may be able to supply a tv, DC, ps > dc converter, and a DC Agetec stick (maybe two).

Looks like visiting family in Sac won’t be so boring anymore. :smiley:

:l: is hella down for some A3. It would be nice to get some matches in that weren’t me trying to play GGPO on a keyboard.

I can be ghetto and bring a PC monitor and a VGA converter. I’ve got a DC and some PS2 converters, a PS2, and an extra copy of Alpha Anthology for PS2. Also VF4, which nobody plays.

My Agetec broke on the way to Evo, so I have no sticks, other than the Saturn one. :sad:

Heck yeah man, if you can make it down that’d be kewl. Would appreciate that boosted support man. That sounds real fucking good right now. Lets hope you can make it ^_______^

Lol, that’d be kewl. I don’t care if it’s ghetto so long as it works and doesn’t cause any kind of screen lag lol. I appreciate the help if you can make it down. =)

Good shit man, the more stuff we got to work with, the better time everyone will have and something is guaranteed to work out. I do encourage all to come because i’m going to make this shit big and announce it everywhere as soon as i get a date.

Also, one thing that was brought to my attention recently was the location which i’ll post up here and on the first post. Great Escape Games 1250 Howe Avenue, Suite 3A, Sacramento, California 95825. They also have a number you can reach them at (not sure about their business hours but hell they got a website as well) 916-927-0810. www.greatescapegames.com

Oh my Jam!

I’ll definiteley roll down from 707 with Checkerpatch and bring a TV, an extra PS2 and GGAC

come on ram you know i got a ps2 xbox 360 and 2 sticks for ps2 happ

hahah I know nigga I knnow!

call me up this week fool so we can session up!

ok, just got back from la and vegas.

<3 sc4, but my best character is yoda

I’ve got no problem bringing my TVs if someone isn’t available to bring theirs come tourney night.

I’ve got the 14 inch, and my brother has a 15 inch I can probably borrow.

I’ve got a spare ps2 or ps3 I can bring as well.

Everything sounds good, but somebody make a decision on what we’re playing so I can start re-learning whatever it is. :bgrin:

Oh yeah, I may also be able to fix joysticks that are broken. Just re-soldering issues mostly, nothing too complicated.
But I’ll take a look at them regardless, see if I can do anything to repair them.

So bring those broken sticks also. I’ll fix 'em free of charge. Tips are welcome. :smiley:

Oh yeah, one other thing. Are we just transplanting the current NorCal fighter scene here, or are we trying to attract new players as well?

If we’re trying to attract new players, we might want to start off with a game without a steep learning curve, or a game with a lot of variation to keep them interested.

I know that Great Escape Games used to run UFS, which is the CCG version of Street Fighter, KOF, and Soul Calibur for those who don’t know. There was a shitload of people that signed up for those tourneys, so I think interest might be pretty high for our tourneys as well.

Ok this is sounding pretty sick, is there a date set for this gathering? I’ve been fiening to play some Street of any sort

My sticks fierce punch is completely out. I got new button and everything, think you can help?