The Sacramento (916)- "cuz we hype as S***" Thread!

It sounds fair to me, though my experience has been even trying to get some of these kids to fork over even a dollar that isn’t returned as tourney payout, is like pulling teeth. They seem to think rent, electricity, cleanup, etc, should come free to them.

Another option is seeing how much some of these cheaper hotels charge for their smaller conference rooms, may be cheaper than you think.

Another option is talking to the people that do sacanime. They already run gaming tournaments there, you may be able to talk them into letting you run things concurrently…warning though, it’s Gay as fuck there, unless you are an anime kiddie…in which I offer my apologies, and condolences.

Count me in, every tourny needs a nub to bash on to bump up your egos. and a good chance for me to learn something.

@SEbastard: I’ll be sure to watch out for that asian kid then lol. I dunno, someone trying to fuck up something i put together, i dunno, he better be expectin an ass whooping of epic proportions, and thats for real. But hopefully we can get this Sac scene back into action, we been down for too long. And its a damn shame what happened to Sac state…sad man. But i think i’ll leave the sacanime alone cuz yeah…@_@. Plus i gotta check in with Ram and do some kinda co-op shit.

@DJscream: Tight man, nice to know got peepz who won’t mind helping out. Much appreciated. I’ll be sure to keep yall posted on the progress, maybe get a little Sac-town vs Stockton shit going on if there is enough Sac players (and not even good ones, just anybody we can find lol). But yeah i’ll shoot everybody a little something, at least the ones who want to help.

@popo & patmonsta: We shall see…we shall see…hopefully i don’t fuck shit up…or forget something…

@PgruvR: Always gonna have a spot for ya here man. I will keep yall updated.

@Checkerpatch: Shit, definitely would be kewl. I am liking the feedback thus far. Seems there is enough demand for this.

@vasAZNion13: Assuming everything goes according to plan this shit will be crackin. Especially if we can get 707 peepz down on this. I know there are some big Sac players out there who are hiding behind the scenes. Shit i didn’t even appear until recently (not that i’m a big player but i take an interest in this), so no doubt there might be more that we don’t know about who’ll hop on board once this thing starts rollin.

@DirtyLarry: Lmfao, there is always pre-tourney training. If your a Sac dweller we can train before shit starts up. I am guessing the tourney won’t start till later on in the day but there is always room for pre-tourney matches. Good to have ya aboard.

@Tyram: Damn, if we could get that place it’d be tight. Could get some people to start telling their friends about it once they see us all playing in there (how come i never heard of that place @@). I’m sure it’d be a lot better than a pizza place (minus pizza and beer though @@, and i’m sure that alone would snag us some dozen people) and more room is always good, just gotta worry about seating. I will check that shit out when I get a chance. How soon you think we should try to make this tourney? And what games will we start up for the first one? PM me, post here, hit me up on AIM, just get at me. :wonder:

Gamegeezer: I double checked the name of the place and its called Great escape Games not Gamers Ceep. I fucked up the name hahah my bad. I play magic a bit as well and there is many places in sac to play so yeah my bad. Um i wont be going there until next friday for FNM (friday night magic) so it will be about a week before i talk to them. Ill get back at you for sure though.

-RAM

Alright, in the meantime i’ll let my friends know seeing as how i haven’t relayed information about this in a while. I guess in the meantime i’ll try to get this out there to peepz and hype it up a bit.

If you guys can get it. Great Escape is a pretty good place to host tourneys.

It’s on Howe and Hurley, near Arden Mall, so if you live in Sac you aren’t going to have to drive across the entire city to get there. The gaming area is pretty huge too. It’s behind Ross in this warehouse.

But yeah, like it was mentioned before, it’s more of a tabletop gaming kind of place, so there will probably be a charge to host the tourney that wont be put back into the pot.

This looks like a good idea. I’m definitely up for something like this.

I’m from Fresno and I have relatives here in Sac, so I drop by quite often and find myself bored almost every time I visit.

Also, how far would these places be from say, Cosumnes College by the freeway exit. The live like three minutes from that place.

Great Escape is around 20 minutes away. Take 99 North like you’re going to Arden Mall.

Yeah, most likely tournies will be held at great escape, i’m just waiting for RAM to confirm if its kool or not. Hell, if we can’t get it, the place i mentioned originally is like 5-10 minutes away from cosumnes. I’m hoping its great escape though. :bgrin:

Cool.

If this does turn out good. I might be able to bring some Fresno guys.

I’m sure they’ll be down for some action.

ok sorry guys i wasnt able to make it to Great escapes this week. Someone with a car please try to go by there and see what can be done. If someone wants to come a pick me up possibly on Sat we can go talk to the owner if hes there. I talked to the Sac state game room head boss and she said that tourneys are not allowed to have $$$ as a prize and that ONLY sac state students could enter. To steal a quote from spirit juice “fuck that noise”.

-RAM

If you want, i can get my friend to pick you up tomorrow and you can show us where the joint is? We both got nothing better to do.

shit im down but my gramps is coming to visit me tomorrow from Fairfield so ill post up tomorrow when he leaves. call me up tomorrow around 4 or 5 and we can go over to great escapes then. ill pm you my #

Ram I want gramps BBQ!

Oh ok, sounds kool. I’ll be checking up on things. My friend has work tomorrow so that kinda worked out nicely. He should be off by the time i call or if not soon after.

My folkes left so when ever you are down to come by just call me up.

Alright man, i’ll call my friend so he can pick me up.

ggs today gamegeezer. shit was fun!

Hell yeah man, it was. Shit though, i had no clue it was 7 something until i looked at the time. Didn’t know i stayed for so long lol. I feel so sorry for you putting you through those sad matches for so long. Next time around i’ll make sure to not make it so easy for you. :nunchuck: ggs all around :smile:

Update: Forgot to put this up, well we didn’t get around to talk to the manager at Great Escape games but from the sound of the employees it seems that we’re getting this place for sure. So once we got a confirm, some plans are going to be made and tournies will be set. It’s a big joint so now we are going to see if we can fill that mutha fucka up with Cali’s finest. Get hype cuz this shit is gonna be huge.

Hell yeah. What are we playing?

I have PS3 and SC4 if you guys want to start with something fresh.