The RGV Thread - As South As South Can Get Part III

The singing ad is still there :frowning:

leo v fro

nuff said

And the NEW dead thread continuesā€¦

ANYWAY Jim Movies this weekend boys nigh out grab Jive from his ball hairs if you have too.

So whos up for some meat turtles

Iā€™m gonna be at LP this weekend if anyone wants to get some games in. Iā€™ll be there around 1 on Saturday.

Is there a tournament going on this weekend at LP? Iā€™ve been so busy on the weekends lately so I donā€™t know if I can play but I wouldnā€™t mind stopping by for a lil bit to see whats up and maybe see a few matches.

-DJ-

Ill play you, see you there

your a liar you arenā€™t even going to go liar

If anybody see Burgers around, tell him to get his ass on PSN that thereā€™s people that want to kick his ass in old school marvel!!

lol your the one lying saying your gonna hang out with your boys this weekend which i HIGHLY doubt man :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good.

New SRK is crazy. Feels faster, too.

So whatā€™s everyone been playing? I suddenly feel like playing some CvS2.

I would like to hear the opinions and thoughts of everyones take on ā€œpot splittingā€ in the competitive community as it stands now. I want to argue about it.

Argue? Personally I donā€™t care if someone splits the pot if they are good friends. It happens often where 2 players that play each other a lot end up in finals, if that happens, then sure, split the pot. They managed to beat everyone, so they should be able to do whatever with their prize money, right?

I meant argue in a good way. Guess I should have said debate. I agree with you, Furix. I donā€™t feel that the ā€œintegrityā€ of the game or community is effected what so ever in a situation like that. It isnā€™t the NBA or NFL where one persons actions effect 50-100 people that are directly involved with the team, it is a pure individual sport with pretty much no sponsors. Playerā€™s invest their own time, energy and money to get to and from these events, the money awarded is theirs to do with what they wish when earned. If all players were sponsored, they would be obligated to play out the matches to their sponsors. But EG appears to be the biggest sponsor and fine with splitting thus far. I feel like the whole perspective being applied to the SRK and Smash scenes with the card system comes from the longing for mainstream acceptance and corporate assistance. Then another issue comes up if that is really ā€œbestā€ for the community. [MLG has huge sponsors and their top 16 teams are under contract to compete only in MLG sanctioned events. Team America has to send 17th ranked MoB into the WCG because 1-16 were ineligible due to contracts. They lost to Canadaā€¦Halo 2 s tuff. That is the best for the community?! Like I said, a whole other subject.]

The main argument is from a pot-monster stance [the masses opinion is not always the logical one] where by their traveling to a major event and paying money to enter gives them the ability to say ā€œWe deserve high level final matches and players shouldnā€™t sandbag.ā€ The mentality is that they deserve something when I donā€™t believe they really do. Do I deserve to get past second round in tournament? Fuck no, I suck and I got what I put into the game. There are better solutions than making arbitrary rulings over the subjectivity of sandbagging. Although we might see it, it is impossible to prove unless the player admits to it.

This is really only a portion of my thoughts but I need to do some yardwork lol. Thanks for responding Furix.

I donā€™t mind a chop but I prefer to see a winner. Thatā€™s just how Iā€™ve always been with that. I think it really only matters in big tournaments because that is when the big money and sponsors come into play. Also when it gets down to the final few players the person who is not involved with the split of the money can get screwed.

Itā€™s happened many times before in the past big tournaments with someone throwing matches in big tournaments itā€™s not anything new itā€™s been around since the beginning of time. It was either Evo2k2 or 2k3 when Seattle was a an MvC2 power house and I canā€™t remember if it was Kuan or Row but supposedly one of them lost on purpose so that the other player could advance further because that player who won had a better chance of beating the next opponent. Accusations were also pointed out many times to Empire Arcadia in the past when one of their players would lose to a person who they usually beat so that person who lost would clean up shop in the endings of the loser bracket so empire can place more people in the money. The most well known one was an an older Midwest Championships. Justin Wong had lost against I wanna say it was Ricky Ortiz in a semi final match (forgot the game) and the loser of that match played against someone who was very capable of beating the remaining members of Empire and of course JWong cleaned up shop and Empire took top 3 money places.

Again it depends on the calibur of the tournament. That shit wouldnā€™t fly at EVO now but nobody would care if it was a local tournament.

-DJ-

lol ill hit you up later on tonight i have thursday off and a steady supply of motivation for a marvel session :slight_smile:

Ever since you posted on mvc2 forum that you wanted peeps to play you online, I told the world to send you messages to play you and that you wanted to get whooped!! :smiley:

Iā€™ll be on tonight!!

Who hear plays MvC3 out of curiosity?