The Real Bout FF Special Thread: RANGE Line Shift Counter Chart Part I up!

I saw that tier list back in the day a long, long time ago and on gamefaqs.com but can’t necessarily agree with it…

I’ve seen far too much more so I really cant agree with that tier list…esp. with Mai and Kim…they are far too deadly in the right hands, you are forgetting how potent their line shift attacks are Larry. I own up pretty much everyone on that list except Billy with Mai’s Line Shift attacks. (And even Billy I go head to toe with)

EX Blue Mary is better than reg IMO. L. Blood is good, I think he’s possibly Bottom S -A Class… Mai can handle Krauser pretty much the same way Billy can…I haven’t finished my matchup chart it would show that Mai pretty much has an advantage vs. Krauser… Where as Krauser doesnt matchup well vs. Kim, Sokaku, Billy (He loses 9-1 to Billy) either…Mai goes head to toe with ALL OF THEM… Krauser has more bad matchups also…Mai has very few if ANY bad matchups…**her worst being Billy… (and even then its not a “bad” matchup) **

Heres another thing…Sokakus Line Shift Cs in top and Bottom plane OWN KRAUSER…Krauser gets owned up by my Top Tier pretty much…keeping him out of S Class…

I’ll challenge anyone in RBS with Mai…

Soh is right though about what he posted…I’m in the process of fully testing the stuff though. I’d say Terry is High A Class…

Kim is better than Terry though…and Blood…

So with that S Class staying the same I will put in A Class:

Krauser, Terry, Blue Mary, Laurence Blood.

So top tier why?

Billy- Best Line Shift attacks in the game, best pokes, easy damage, anti air Pinwheel fire super, safe qcb+b, best spacing in the game, Down+C to qcf+C is good.
Sokaku- Easy 100% comboes, too many options, best pursuit in the game, Excellent Line Shift attacks.
Mai- Safe qcb+C thats abusable, Excellent Line Shift attacks, easy stun 90% comboes, rising flame is good and comes out fast, can combo off a throw vs. certain characters, hcf+c is safe blocked.
Kim- Excellent Line Shifts that beat a lot, P-Power can combo off a Line Shift C (top/Bottom), safe pokes, excellent dive kick off crossup or jumpin attack, qcb+b is safe and abusable off Line Shifts, aerial S power is good, good anti air, good easy ground combo into P Power!
EX Mary- Excellent damage, good mixups, Good damage off a sweep, easy damage.

I’ll test it when I get home and come up with a full list of who it works on…

This is more of a reason why Mai is top tier guys!!! Shes TOO GOOD…best version of Mai ever!!!

Nightmare Geese has about 20-30 something ways to kill you…seriously…hes wayyyy too strong…strongest form of Geese ever…

Hence why hes banned…

The good thing about RBS is every character is good and compete imo. I think I can beat anyone with my Tung. Even billy sometimes, but billy is by far the best in RBS not counting the EX characters and N.M. Geese.

This is the truth…everyone can compete…so though thats my S class…

I think pretty much everyone could fall ranging from A Class to B…

Cheng may be Bottom but thats about it…even then everyone has something as I say…

But yeah I’d put money on a Billy vs. Krauser anyday of the week…Krauser cant do shit vs. Billy…

I didn’t get my list from gamefaqs. I got my list from playing the game! Maybe I haven’t seen a top tier mai yet in RBS.:sweat: I would like to play against one. Matter of fact I think TUNG is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Mai in rbs or atleast on the same level. I’m willing to put up $50 1st to 5 wins My Tung vs. Your Mai.:karate: ANd i’m not the type to money match, but i’m very sure I can beat mai with Tung.:karate::badboy: Now I am rusty as fuck seeing that I haven’t played RBS hardcore in 12 years! But as soon as the FATAL FURY battle archives2 is released I will have enough time to practice for our MM. That if you accept my challenge.:sweat:

… Krauser gets own by mai.:wtf::wtf: lol ok buddy if you say so.

I’ll accept that MM…DeadlyRave Neo has a potent Tung and he saw if Mai is played played correctly its hard for Tung/anyone to do anything. Sure Tungs got a good Top+C that can beat Billys Bottom+C and other stuff but now I know to look out for that…and what to counter it with.

I will have that matchup dissected to a TEE today.

Yeah man have you tested the Line Shifts?

Krauser has some of the worst Line Shifts in the game due to how long they take to come out… thus they get stuffed…

Sure Krauser matches up against Mai well in the main plane/regular plane, but loses in Line Shifting to Mai…which is two planes…thus Mai has the upperhand…

Same for Kim and Sokaku…its gonna be really hard for Krauser to deal with them on the Line Shifts…I’ll win if anything by TIME OUT.

If I’m playing Krauser I’m staying in the Top/Bottom Planes…thus he loses…

I can play aggressive Mai or turtle Mai as I did many times vs. DeadlyRaveNeo…plus like I say Mais Line Shift attacks are gonna be something hard to deal with for Tung…I’ll post up some stuff about that matchup when I get home in a few when I test it…

-Dark Geese

Really the worst line shifts? I though chen had the worst in RBS.:wtf: If that’s the case I need to see this evil Mai S. you keep talking about!:karate::sweat: After our MM can we run a 1st to 5 your Mai vs. my krauser for casuals. You can put it up on the web if you like! Maybe i’m over rating Krauser and under rating Mai S.:sweat: Only time will tell.:badboy:

Yeah I’ll accept it…Cheng, Franco Bash (another 9-1 win for Billy) and Krauser have some of the worst Line Shifts…seriously…they are slow as hell…now sure flatout as I say in the main plane Krauser can give Mai a hard time with fb zoning, Kaiser Wave, command grab, knockdown white tomahawk, crossup body splash…all that stuff…

but once I am in the Top/bottom Plane…you lose all those specials…and the only way to get into that is via Line Shift attacks or getting in the same plane, and once you line shift period you are vulnerable…and in regards to line shift attacks, mine beat his flatout…I’ve even tested it vs. Boss Krauser…Mine wins EVERYTIME…

So Boss Krauser would lose via Time Out because hed have to block,Break shot or hed get counterhit damage losing to Mais Line Shifts!

you gotta remember when i was playing you i havent played hard core in years in rbs this coming finalround its gonna be different or at evo even.:nunchuck:

We will see sir. I’m more about showing more than taking. I can’t make it to MWC due to no vacation time.(All used up for FR) Me and the wife might goto vegas for EVO, but I don’t know if she wants to spend time around smelly gamers if it’s not FR.:sweat::lol::rofl::sweat::rofl:

So you down for a RBS Exhibition at EVO World if we got the time???

Your Tung was good but I got wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more now than I did at NEC8…I’m about 15x better in RBS than I was at NEC8…

So lets do dis!!!

:nunchuck:

Let me know if you’re going to EVO World…

:tup:

Just added Tung to A Class in RBS as he is…

yeah mai can do her spower in RBS after a throw. joe can tiger kick after his multi hit knee grab (not the jumping one you finish with :d: + :snkc:).

also, sokaku has 3 main killer combos.

:snka:, :snkb:, :r: + :snkc:, repeated :snka:, :snkd: combo on, in corner where the bg is knocked over you can infinite.

:snka:, :snkb:, :r: + :snkc:, :qcb: + :snkd:, :dp: + :snkb:, :d: + :snkc:

:snkc:, :snkc:, :snkc:, :d: + :snkc:, :d: + :snkc:, :d: + :snkc:, :r:, :l:, :r: + :snkc: or :dp: + :snkb: into pursuit or special bug of his.

all these are hard core combos taking over 1 bar of life.

also, i wouldn’t be forgetting characters with super AA’s like terry, kim, andy and joe too fast (kim is a known S character). all 3 of the main characters can do 1 + bar damage from their bnb combos, can combo their ppowers and have great normals and specials. and characters like hon fu and NORMAL marry are killers as well. EX MARY can fuck anybody up with her spower (the best one in the game by far IMO).

all 3 of the main characters have the same starting combo (unless your going for their second combo, in which joes starts with :l: + :snka: into the :snkc:'s and terrys and andys with :df: + :snka: into the :snkc:'s. the combo they all share (along with over half of the cast) is the standard :snka:, :snkb:, :r: + :snkc:, :l: + :snkc: into special.

ending terry’s with :l:, :r:, :r: + :snka: into :dp: + :snkb: (wont work on shorties like the chons) or with :d: ~ :u: + :snka: or with his ppower. timing it well will make all 3 geysers hit your opponent.

ending andys with :hcb: + :snkc: or spower or ppower.

ending joes with :dp: + :snkc: into :qcb: + :snkb:. joe ppower combo is with his launcher (:snka:, :snkb:, :df: + :snkc:). also, unlike andy and terrys special combo i listed (the one that doesn’t use the back plane), joe can actually make sure some of the hits you perform hits 2 times instead of one. just make sure that you don’t push the next button too fast and you’ll notice that with some of his hits he hits twice. been too long since i played this, so test it out for yourself.

p.s. a good terry, joe and andy (and kim, but hes known to everybody already) can keep up with anybodys best mai or billy.

also normal mary can own just as hard, and ex mary taks a little more skill but her small combos still do almost 1 bar of damage. not to mention you can pretty much kill anybody after a block with your spower. or just do it while attacking. its too damn good. her ppower combos and works good as an anti air.

id rate any of these characters higher than most others. closely followed by characters like hon fu and bob.

bash can take of 1.5 bar without the use of s or p power but it needs to start with a close hard hit, meaning it still doesn’t make him as good as the top tiers IMO. even though he can still pretty much own.

also, krausers ppower can catch you from as much as a 1/4 to almost 1/3 screen distance, furthest reaching grab super in the game. theres too much i can tel you guys about this game, but ill be leaving soon. so another time. though back in 96, i gotta admit this was one of my if not the most fun fighter to play. played it for too damn long (mainly cause RB2 took its sweet time to come out back then).

Excellent post Musolini…funny thing though is I remember a long time ago reading about people saying Joe was bottom tier in RBS…

I didnt agree with that…I think Cheng is Bottom Tier …

But all of them like Terry, Andy, etc…I believe are A…I will put them there.

This is proof…anyone can compete in this game mostly…so yeah there IS an S Class…but the A Class can compete against them for the most part.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=4985274&postcount=1

Updated the tier list…as we can see this is also a pretty well balanced game because everyone can compete!!!

the game is definitely balanced (cept they seem to have forgotten about cheng being in the game, hes basically the opposite of geese’s tier, nightmarishly bad). also anybody saying joe is bottom tier is sick in their head. joe is A, better believe that. too bad i cant SHOW it to y’all. only his spower sucks.

also another thing, people with good plane attacks can taken care of by sticking close to them, not to close, but close enough. this way you have more options against characters like billy, though mai with her fast annoying pokes can still be hell. you wont believe how FAR the C attack works on opponents just going to the other plane. attack them and combo with a special or super. having the health in you advantage will make them come to you, instead of turtling.

p.s. ive been looking at a lot of vids lately. seems we (my lil bros and some of our friends) seem to be the only ones playing these fighters (actually all fighters) without time. am i the only one who thinks playing fighters with time kinda sucks. you fight till you die damn it, fuck losing to time.

ill be there and we can do this.:rofl:

So true…I believe attacking till time is up too.unfortunately in tournaments we gotta allow time though…but for MMs/Exhibitions etc I allow my opponent to decide the rules…after all its just between two people.

Yeah how I beat Billy is I dont allow him to distance himself…I stay on him like White on rice…and yeah if health is on my side then with Mai beware… Mai is good up close also…has some normals that have high priority…so I dont mind getting up close and personal.

Good…we will come up with a time to do it.

Also just added Joe to A…as you all see…the majority of the cast is A CLASS in this game guys…balanced game? I think so… very broken? I dont think so…

So yes now you all can see why we treasure this game…and when you look at the tier list for RB2 you see not everyone is A…they fall into Mid Tier…

There is no mid tier in this game really…Its either Top Tier, High Tier, or Bottom Tier (Cheng).

Part II of the Line Shift Counter Chart!

Larry I did this just for you and to illustrate a point…Just tested all this…

Line Shift Counter Chart/Matchups Part II:

**Disclaimer- Once again this is assuming both characters do their attacks at the same time, what the results are-

Mai vs. Tung
-Mai’s Top+C beats Tungs Bottom+C.
-Tung’s Top Down+C beats Mais Top+C.
-Mai?s Bottom+C beats Tungs Top+C.
-Mai?s Bottom+C beats Tungs Top Down+C.
-Tung loses this battle in the Line Shift overall. He?s gotta play it safe and turtle to win this, Mai wins this matchup though.

Mai vs. Krauser

• All Krausers line shifts get beaten by Mais Top+C or Bottom+C. Bad matchup for Krauser!!
  • I?d say Mai wins this about 7-3, Krauser can get the upperhand in the main plane, but that?s all hes got working for him!

Mai vs. Terry
-Mai?s Top+C and Terry?s Bottom+C Trade!
-Mai beats Terry?s Top+C with her Bottom+C!
-Mai?s Top+C beats Terry?s Bottom Down+C.

• Mai?s Bottom+C beats Terry?s Top Down+C.
    -To win this battle in the line shifts, Terry has to trade with Mai and not her in the Bottom Plane.
    -Mai has the upperhand here, but not by too much because Terry has a strong regular plane game, like Krauser.

Mai vs. Kim
-Mai?s Top+C beats Kims Bottom +C!
-Mais Top+C beats Kims Bottom Down+C. Only way he gets this is if he does it OUT of Mai?s Top+C range.
-Mai?s Bottom+C beats Kim?s Top+C!
-Mai?s Bottom+C beats Kim?s Top Down+C.
-Now how the hell you all gonna argue Kim?s better than Mai?? Mai has this matchup too, but its probably 6-4, hella close, because Kim is dangerous all around, Top Tier certainly. However, Mai can also ZONE better than Kim, Kim doesn?t have a projectile, Mai does plus her Line Shifts are better, and she can zone better than Kim thus Mai is better overall!! Also for those that say Kims got a good Anti Air in flash kick…hell SO DOES MAI…in her rising flame… but airblock takes away both of those…so Mais better than Kim OVERALL!!

Kim vs. Krauser
-Kims Top+C and Bottom+C own Krauser FREE! Just like Billy, Mai, Sokaku, a tough matchup for Krauser! Kim has no projectiles so he has to pretty much stay in the line shift to win, but what can Krauser do? I?d say Kim wins this easily 8-2.

Sokaku vs. Krauser
-Both Sokakus Top+C and Bottom+C beat ALL of Krausers Line Shift attacks!
-Another BAD matchup for Krauser, like Billy, Mai,Kim, however Sokaku relies heavily on projectiles and shit thus Krauser can take advantage of that with Kaiser Wave! I?d say Sokaku wins 6-4.

Here guys I just got finished testing, and roughly on half of the cast Mai can land a S Power Super or hcf+C after a throw…even more of a reason why shes top tier! Shes TOO GOOD! :lovin:

Here are the people I tested Mai can land these on:
-Andy
-Tung
-Krauser
-Franco Bash
**Billy!!!
-Chonrei
-Hon-Fu

Yeah that makes her strong, but its glitchy as hell, like why the hell can I land it on Chonrei but NOT Chonshu? :wtf:

Still makes her super strong…without a doubt top tier…this just solidifies it!

EDIT 1:

Guys I am convinced Mai is the Chun Li of the game…on half the cast shes got a deathly free mixup (When she has S-Power or EVEN WORSE IN THE RED!!! :looney: ) of attack and combo into super (Super easy hitconfirm) or THROW INTO SUPER (another not hard confirm!)…do you all not see that?? :confused:

Thats just DIRTY…Block and still eat a super…attack? Get beat out by her high priority Regular Plane normals that combo into super!!! :devil:

-Dark Geese