The Poison Combo thread

Will be updated in a half an our with basic combos

BNB:

:lp::lp::mk: xx :dp::hk: or :qcb::hp:x3 206dmg, use the Rekkas to be safe use the KBG for exchanges.

The cr.:mk: is a 2 frame link.
+74dmg for jump in heavy
+24dmg off LMT (making it a total of 230dmg, I believe mashing :k: during LMT gives you 200dmg on its own, keep this in mind)

(Anywhere, 1 Meter)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:cr.:hk: 350dmg, hard knockdown
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:dp::hk: 396dmg
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:qcb::hp:x3 393dmg

The cr.:mk: is a 1 frame link.

Mid-screen combos
cr. LK, cr. LK, cr. LP, cr. MK xx Rekkas/DP/HP to tag
(QCB+MK/HK, st. MP or QCB+LK), cr. LP, cr. MK xx Rekkas/DP/HP to tag
j.Hk xx st.hp qcf hp xx c.lp xx c.mk into whip of love. It gives you a no meter combo that hits for 367 damage.
s.MP, c.LP, c.MK xx whatever you want.

Corner Only:

(3 meters)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, s.:lp:->:mp:->:hp:xx:qcb::2p:(x4), :dp::2k: 386dmg, useless

Instead of going in to Rekkas, add an extra :hp: to just tag, your partner will do more damage than this.

The s.:lp: is a 4 frame link.

(3 Meters)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:qcf::2p: **442dmg, **good for practicing the link, that’s about it…

(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x H. Aelous Edge, c.lp, c.mk, Rekka.
(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x H. Aelous Edge, c.lp, c.mk, EX Rekka, c.mk, HK DP
(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x EX. Aelous Edge, cmpx c.hp (chain) EX Aeolus edge, c.mk x HK DP
*(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x EX Aelous Edge, c.mpx c.hp (chain) EX Rekka, stand. mk, c.mk x HK DP *
(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x EX. Aelous Edge, c.mp x c.hp (chain), EX Rekka, stand. mk, low mk. XX Super
cr. HP xx QCF+HP, cr.MK to various options. I recommend cancelling into cr. HP to EX rekkas and trying some juggles.

CADC combos (Yeah we NEED to know this. Do you know how much damage she can do with Anti air CADC combos?)
cr.hp xx CADC xx Dash xx super 414 damage or you can change it with far st. mp but that is spacing dependent.

Super Combos (Corner):

(3 meters)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, s.:lp:->:mp:->:hp:xx:qcf::3p: 504dmg

j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcb::2p:(x4), :qcf::3p: 454dmg

Midscreen
cr. LK, cr. LK, cr. LP, cr. MK xx Rekkas/DP/HP to tag
(QCB+MK/HK, st. MP or QCB+LK), cr. LP, cr. MK xx Rekkas/DP/HP to tag

Corner
cr. HP xx QCF+HP, cr.MK to various options. I recommend cancelling into cr. HP to EX rekkas and trying some juggles.

Misc notes:
EX fireball will put you at frame advantage, cr. MK is a good way to follow up.
When tagged in midscreen by the universal launcher (I forget the name…) you can do st. MP xx QCF+P xx dash. Treat it like an FADC.
If you find the above a little too tricky cr. MK is a good way to continue after the st. MP

by xxdash for the tag in combo, do you mean rekka as followup in the combo or dash after the fireball?

I mean you treat the fireball exactly like an FADC, you hold the punch after the QCF and dash. The fireball doesn’t come out.

One of the options you can use is close HP but I find that a little redundant since cr.HP would be in range without the dash anyway.

OH! i get it, you’re talking about charge canceling! WOW thats cool, i didnt even know that it could be used to extend combos. Good shit

Far standing LP will let you link into cr.MK, and it seems that far standing LP xx cr.MK xx cr.HP will bring you forward enough to cancel into any EX move (although rekkas will whiff if you do this at max range.)

Something’s I wanted to note:

Standing lp CANNOT be crouched under. So the ideal combo string should be : c.lk. c.lp, s.lp , c.mk

Some more combos:

c.lk, c.lp, standing lp, c.mk x EX Rekka, c.mk x HP DP
LP aelous edge, EX love me tender, follow up (spacing specific)
(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x H. Aelous Edge, c.lp, c.mk, Rekka.
(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x H. Aelous Edge, c.lp, c.mk, EX Rekka, c.mk, HK DP
(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x EX. Aelous Edge, cmpx c.hp (chain) EX Aeolus edge, c.mk x HK DP
*(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x EX Aelous Edge, c.mpx c.hp (chain) EX Rekka, stand. mk, c.mk x HK DP *
(corner only) j.hp , c.hp x EX. Aelous Edge, c.mp x c.hp (chain), EX Rekka, stand. mk, low mk. XX Super

Ideal way to end poison tag ins off launcher:

stand close mk, low mk, HK DP

[I’ll update this more later]

I don’t think 3 lights is necessary or even beneficial. It scales long combos like EX Kissed by a Goddess too much and only gives you 1 extra damage on the hit confirm into normal rekkas. cr.LK cr.LP gives you plenty of time to hit confirm into rekkas without unnecessary scaling. It also feels like a slightly harder link, but that may just be me.

Actually it can, but so far the only character I saw that could crouch under her standing jabs was Chun. Other small crouching characters like Cammy will probably crouch under it as well.

No biggie, though. Just use her standing shorts instead.

I do like far LP as well but I’m with Trike in the fact that c.LP to c.MK is a little easier. Pretty sure c.LP has higher frame advantage but I can’t say that for certain just yet.

For your non EX corner combos I would say the c.LP is unnecessary, you should have enough time to do c.MK, although to be fair the c.LP means less chance of dropping the combo.

Furthermore I’ve learned that c.HP xx QCF+HP will not work on crouchers, close HK does work with the correct spacing on both standing and crouching though.

After the launcher you can use close MP, c.HP xx DP+HK

[LEFT]After Poison is tagged in, I like to do close s.MP (2 hits), qcf P- dash cancel, s.LP, s.HP xx DP+HK[/LEFT]

Are you sure that last combo works? I can see it working in pandora or with a meter gem, but otherwise you’ve used 4 bars.

At the start use HP Aelous Edge instead, replace final low MK with s.HP/s.HK (I’ll verify this when I get home)

My bad. meant to put H aelous Edge :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice little overhead reset combo starting in the corner, note that the c.LP isn’t necessary but you only lose 2 damage by using it in exchange for an easier link:

j.HP, s.HK xx QCF+HP, c.LP > c.MK > c.HP xx QCB+KK, s.HP xx QCF+HP, c.MK > c.HP xx QCF+PPP

This will work assuming the opponent is crouching when the overhead connects. The reason I use s.HK after the jump in is because c.HP xx QCF+HP will not work if the opponent happens to be crouching. s.HK will work but you have to walk forward ever so slightly.

You don’t have to use a jump in either, this will also work if you hit a crouching opponent with any Love Me Tender that isn’t light.

If your opponent is standing or you happen to be midscreen you can do the following combo after M/H/EX Love Me Tender:

s.MP, c.LP, c.MK xx whatever you want.

After a light Love Me Tender you’ll want:

c.LP, s.LP, c.MK xx whatever you want.

Reason for the s.LP is because if you hit with the tip of the Love Me Tender a 2nd crouching one might be out of range.

Also anti-air, far s.MP or c.HP xx QCB+KK is interesting. On CH you can choose to hit kick for the followup, and without CH you have an overhead reset with potential followup combo.

Have you guys experimented at all with Tag Canceling her DP for combos? I’ve been using Rolento and I think it’s a pretty easy hit confirm into that move to get a bit more damage than usual. It’s really great for Rolento in the corner, but mid screen it ain’t bad either.

What, no damage values for the combos?

i just spent a couple hours in training mode trying out some of the information you guys have found.
first of all, thank you.

may i clarify something?
after i read the c.HP xx OCF+HP doesn’t combo on crouching, i moved over to using standing HK. however, i’m dying trying to get c.MK to link after the standing HK xx QCF+HP. does it actually link with strict timing? or do i have to go for the c. LP and then go into c.MK to make it work?

Depends what you wanna do… If you’re gonna tag in or do EX anything, just do the cross rush chain. Only reason you’d really wanna link cr.mk is if don’t wanna spend meter. I just mash LP while the fireball is coming out and once i see it light up I go down the series. It kills your overall damage not linking it, but compared to the damage you’ll receive from missing >.>

===

Any pandora cahmbos? They’re actually a cheap way to tag switch into Poison’s super. Nina can do her lame ass BNB, knocking them into the air before pandora, Poison comes in and supers, only costs a bar for 500dmg. I may have to try Nina’s long juggle string into the ex B!xxPandora. The combo alone will do 485 before pandora. Dammit, I’m not turning that game back on to check >___<

Sorry for the double post, but I worked out the damage on several combos. Aside from the BNB, I tried to show just how impractical a lot of her stuff is. Often times it’s better to cut the combo short and exchange out. :

Notes:

-This list is not complete, and only a Day 3 list. You can change different parts, add normals, add ex, tag, etc., to change the damage slightly. Pretty sure my gems weren’t activated while performing, just remember they’ll add more dmg if you use them.

-s.:hk: is often used since it stands the opponent up. Crouching :hp: can often be exchanged for it, but it won’t stand them up.

-Be careful plinking Poison’s :mk:, if you use the :mk:~:lk: plink, she’ll flip. You must plink with :mk:~:lp:!

BNB:

:lp::lp::mk: xx :dp::hk: or :qcb::hp:x3 ** 206dmg**, use the Rekkas to be safe use the KBG for exchanges.

The cr.:mk: is a 2 frame link.
+74dmg for jump in heavy
+24dmg off LMT (making it a total of 230dmg, I believe mashing :k: during LMT gives you 200dmg on its own, keep this in mind)

(Anywhere, 1 Meter)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:cr.:hk: 350dmg, hard knockdown
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:dp::hk: 396dmg
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:qcb::hp:x3 393dmg

Corner Only:

(3 meters)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, s.:lp:->:mp:->:hp:xx:qcb::2p:(x4), :dp::2k: 386dmg, useless

Instead of going in to Rekkas, add an extra :hp: to just tag, your partner will do more damage than this.

The s.:lp: is a 4 frame link.

(3 Meters)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:qcf::2p:, cr.:mk:xx:qcf::2p: 442dmg, good for practicing the link, that’s about it…

Super Combos (Corner):

(3 meters)
j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcf::2p:, s.:lp:->:mp:->:hp:xx:qcf::3p: 504dmg

j.:hk:s.:hk:xx:qcb::2p:(x4), :qcf::3p: 454dmg

Pandora Combo w/ Nina (Corner):

(2 meters)
Nina: j.:hp:cr.:hp:xx:qcb::hk:, :rdp::2p:, cr.:hp:xx:qcb::hk:, :rdp::2p:, :d::d::mp:+:mk:
Poison(Pandora): :qcf::3p: 617-633dmg

I managed 730dmg from this combo with Nina’s 10% attack gem activated. With Poison equipped with Pandora gems, it’ll likely start nearing 800dmg.

Pro Tip: The Pandora exchange is a 0 frame activation, but it does NOT reset the juggle counter! Normally, Nina can combo a lot longer and go in to a final B! (ground bounce) and cross exchange. The counter will reset and you can combo off the ground bounce with the new character. Doing that same combo with Pandora will not allow it to connect, as if Nina were still doing the combo.