The Poison Combo thread

EX Aeolus Edge into c.:mk: is a 1 frame link? Really? I can hit it basically every time, I guess since I only played characters with unsafe specials in SF4 I couldn’t notice I got better at linking :rofl:

Ex Fireball is +6 on hit, cr.MK is 6 start up, so 1 frame.

Yeah, I was hitting it pretty well too. I think Poison gives a good que to hit it though. After she’s done shouting and begins turning back towards you, that’s the sweet spot.

ok… Lets do this…

She can do
cr.mk, Aelous edge, cr.mk,rekka

as i’ve experienced from generic launcher the damage Poison gets off of her KBG is inconsistent. i’ve done the combo alot of people has suggested the close :mp: xx cr. :mp:, :hk: KBG but the damage varies alot either doing around 236 to 296 depending on where on the screen im at…so to I reverted back to doing what i used to do and thats close :mp: into :lk: or :mk: LMT with follow up because of its consistent of 280+(around that ball park). I only bring this up because i haven’t really found good meterless follow ups from a generic launcher.

Edit: i feel kinda dumb for bringing this up but…why hasn’t alot of people mention CrossArts o_O i know its 3 bars but…seriously? you know most if not all of her cancelable normals can cancel into a CrossArt. . .leading to…you know…how would the announcer in CVS2 put it…BIG DAMAGE!

back to practicing links on pad -_-’

just because I havnt seen it posted, you can actaully do stand hp fireball cancel dash in jab link. Shrug she is the only hcaracter in the game I know that can do that with out a EX to make the dash faster. No infintie though with it that I can get at least.

For that Nina/Poison pandora combo, I set gems for it and got 824dmg. Even if Nina’s attack gems don’t activate during the combo (which they likely will be due to all her special moves), just a plain pandora combo into Poison with her pandora power gem was over 600dmg.

cr. lp cr. mk xx EX Aeolus into cr.mk definitely does not feel like a 1f link.

EX WoL combos fully on juggled opponents. No idea if it’s a good idea to do it or not, but hey, it’s something.

after testing that Jamp, the “float” effect after the 4th hit is easier to time normals then the normal version, it was almost like a 1 frame link to combo close :mp: after it on the ground, but after say a generic launcher its much easier to time it. however damage scaling is rather dumb but it still does decent damage~ around 300+ with the least amount of actions.

With the Nina Pandora combo. It seems really situational. You need to start mid screen so that you end in a corner in order for poison to be in range to hit the opponent. But starting in the corner the second EX on Nina misses completely and puts you in the corner instead. Still with just poison having her gem activated its a good 65%+ on most the cast. Its a good thing nina throws out so much damage because poison has none.

The combo can be fully done point blank in the corner, midscreen, off a poke, or even without meter… it’ll just be less damage. Nina’s juggle won’t miss if you take a step back or time it correctly = ). If you whiff the second EX and land in the corner, you did it too soon. The ONLY pre-req is 25% health and landing a hit. Only ways I could make it miss 100% were from tagging after a second Geyser (too far), or attempting too much on the B!.

One thing for the corner I noticed with her.

If you get the hard knockdown with the last rekka, whiff a low forward and do a HP fireball after. The HP fireball will hit them meaty, this works on pretty much everyone except maybe a couple of characters. Haven’t tested it on everyone, just a good way to start pressure after any rekka combo. Probably works with most hard knockdowns, couldn’t get it to work too well with sweep.

Midscreen I just dash then go straight into HP fireball.

I wouldn’t rely on Pandora combos at all. I’m not keeping anyone in a match at 25% or less health unless both of my characters are that low.

@ aoi84 If after activating pandora poison appears too far away for her super to connect for the opponent hits the ground am I just not activating pandora fast enough? Still I have gotten it to work enough times that I like the combo and gems are so meh anyways I might as well have it as an option.

Yeah, you’ll know for sure if they’re in the corner and Poison whiffs. Canceling in to Pandora is important, but so is unleashing Poison’s super, they both have to be as fast as possible. I hold the stick in down+back while the pandora animation plays, and as soon as the cam’s transition back to the play field, I’m in the middle of a QCF motion. It’s probably easier with other characters, Poison has a fairly slow moving super = \

I’m not going to rely on it like a BNB, but Pandora is a serious mechanic to this game. You may get away with naked tagging now, but you give the opponent a chance for a free combo. As people get better, you’ll find this extremely costly (just like Marvel, you rarely raw tag).

And, if I look at the probability, sometime in the future, of landing a hit while at 25% health… I’d say the odds are pretty damn high >>. I don’t know about you, but I’d certainly like that hit to do 800dmg.

Having a little bit of trouble with charge canceling, any execution tips? Can I just do QCF > F?

For the Pandora combo, why not just confirm with Cr. Mk into Super? Or does that affect the ground bounce?

waiting :slight_smile:

well from my experience with pandora set ups, they are mostly wall bounces and they chance screen positioning alot so getting the cr. :mk: is more of a chore then just doing the super raw, considering if you wiff it you die, its just best to try in hit the super while you have the chance then anything else. i haven’t experimented with groundbounce Pandora set ups much but timing is critical if anything, but i would imagine it would be easier to add a normal then the wall bounce variant.

Is st.MP (2 hits) after EX Whip of Love (midscreen) character-specific? I can get it on some characters but others it just whiffs…