The Philly Topic

This is the Official topic for all the Philly fighting game players. Look here if you want to talk with the peoples, set up an appointment for some matches, or just to chill with the rest of the crew.

The current arcade in Philly, University Pinball(Located at 40th & Spruce), has the following fighting games:

4 Marvel vs Capcom 2
1 Tekken Dark Ressurection
1 Soul Calibur 2
1 Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
1 Street Fighter III: Third Strike(ver.A)
1 Soul Calibur 3
1 Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
1 Arcana Heart
1 Rumble Fish 2
1 Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B2
Arcana Heart 2*(Not Yet Released)*
Akatsuki Blitzkamph*(Not Yet Released)*
Tekken 6*(Not Yet Released)*
Soul Calibur 4*(Not Yet Released)*
Sengoku Basara X*(Not Yet Released)*

Misc Games:

Pump it Up NX
Alien Extermination
Time Crisis II
Time Crisis III
1 Xbox 360
Fast and the Furious: Car Edition
Fast and the Furious: Bike Edition
NASCAR
Raiden II
Ghost Squadran
Crusin’ Exotica
Air Hockey
Playstation 2
MAME Machine
House of the Dead II

People to contact for matches in games:

KoFXI
Hyperhal
BlackShinobi
PimpC
Rogueyoshi
Rick Son
Harem *

Rumble Fish 2
Rick Son
Hyperhal
Pesky Purple

3s
3b1r4h
Hyperhal
PimpC
Demon Hyo
Nastrodamus
Pesky Purple
mags
dublo7

Arcana Heart
Hyperhal
BlackShinobi
Pesky Purple
Rick_Son
Demon Hyo
Rogueyoshi
PimpC
Phae *
Zee Tee Bee *
Master Chibi *
Nastrodamus *
GunflameBuri *
Harem *
Sabin *
Zaelar *
XAQshinor *

MvC2
Pesky Purple
Demon Hyo
3b1r4h
mags
Rick Son
Rockstaryano
TOCCO
TAZMATTIK
klearshadow

Melty Blood
Hyperhal
Demon Hyo
Rick Son
Magz
Phae *
sibladeko *
Nastrodamus *
Master Chibi *
Zaelar *
Zee Tee Bee *
XAQshinor *
GunflameBuri *
Harem *

Tekken
Rockstaryano
Blackshinobi
klearshadow
Nastrodamus *

CvS2
Blackshinobi
Hyperhal
dublo7

Soul Calibur
Nastrodamus *

Mortal Kombat
N/A

** Does not live in the city*

Great stuff hyperhal!!! There are alot of philly players but i dont know where they post…hopefully they find urs…

you can also check out Eastern PA player thread.

philly player here

word.

Represent West Philly. University Pinball In Full Effect!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Red hair and glasses that plays MVC2 at UP all the time

Philly player here. UP finally got their website going again, time to start bitching at them about putting their 3s board back in one of the machines!

Black/rican kid thats on the KoF machine half the time.

Just moved to Philly couple days ago, went to UP, played Bryheem and made some money for someone in Marvel. Hope to play peeps, soon, but first gotta get a job. I may be back there soon though. Big black guy on the Marvel machine, or Tekken5

Hey guys, I also live in Philly. Been to UP several times, get my ass kicked a few times in MvC2 or Tekken (haven’t really played since 3).:slight_smile: I mostly stick with the DOA series, however.

Sup man, I was the kid who kept you company the entire night with my sad low-tier team, whilst you waiting for Brandon to come in and play you. Good to know now your actually here to stay.

Hey does anybody in the area play GG Slash? I’d really love to get into a 2D fighter, but SF is just too slow and awkward for me and MvC2 is broken. I’m looking for anyone willing to teach, let me know!

I’d totally play you if I had the game or a modded PS2, but sadly I don’t have either of them.

I heard UP was getting Accent Core though, so I’ll wait and see what happens with that. I don’t play GG that much, but I’m okay with Bridget.

I’m from philly…not at UP as much but just look for a short black dude with a durag and hat on…wait i look like everyone else at UP…oh yea i play KOF sometimes, I have to stand out for that.

Well I was told it wouldn’t kill me to just learn it with reload, I’m just using the PC version for now.

I’m from Bear, DE which is about 45 minutes from Philadelphia. Can anyone tell me the location of UP so that I can head up with some friends and possibly play some 3s? This is my first post too!

40th and Spruce St. Don’t know exact adress, but its very very close to Pennsylvania University.

Did I use Dahlsim against u? And I just met some people today, so Im confused on who u r. Whats your name?

UP hasn’t had a 3s cabinet in years…

<<— white kid who shows up once a month and picks random doom teams…

other or only other white guy plays for fun mvc2 and tk5

Philly Players Rock,

Well not me but some of them other cats do. This is Justin, the puerto rican looking dude always playing marvel with Thanos/Spiderman. I’ll catch y’all on MVC and will probably beat most of y’all cept Tex, Brahem, Brandon, Sanford, Julienne, Mike, Greg, Stretch, Trap, Aaron, Kenny… but the rest of you guys I’ll own. j/k