The PC Gaming Thread Phase II, The Masters of Gaming. No console peasants

Cavill almost missed the chance to play Superman because he was playing WOW.

He’s one of us!

#OURGUY

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1284116799450120192

Free Warhammer 40K game…

Hey guys, i build my own pc, i use Ryzen 2700X and Nvidia gtx 1080 but after months of usage it started getting slow and laggy for games. it happened actually when i used to installed many kind of untrusted programs and cracked games, my pc started getting hot and laggy, CPU usage was 100% without even opening any programs or activities. i tried to install antivirus but it was slowing my pc more, a friend told me to enter safe mode without network and install AVG TuneUp best computer optimizer but after hours of scanning nothing changed. It’s a hardware problem cause i really paid so much on it.

As in the same games that were running well are now running worse? See how much crap is running in the background.

I would run Malware Bytes and possibly check to see if you have unwanted programs starting up with it.

1 Like

Neat…

3 Likes

Fucking fuck. I JUST started playing it through the Xbox store. Wonder if I can transfer lol…

1 Like

Too bad you need Steam.

I almost dropjicked my laptop last night because of dumb ass Steam.

Steam is the only launcher I actually like.

Everything else I either tolerate, or it’s so bad I setup Steam to launch the other games anyway lol

Steam is my primary launcher…so I’m good with this.

Actually you don’t. You can download the game through the windows store.

Yea but that sounds like it comes with its own problems.

The Windows store is exactly one hundred times worse. It’s REALLY bad

2 Likes

Wonder if its just like on steam but it will still open the M$ launcher shits when you click Play in steam. Like ubi games do.

God, I hope not. That’d be like getting catfish’d by my own computer.

Why dont you like Steam?

…aight.

1 Like

So, Thursday morning I get up and come into my office to start answering emails … and my 144hz monitor is cycling through colors. I end up taking it, and using a third port on my wife’s PC to show her that it’s busted. Went to Best Buy, and they had jack shit for monitors that I was willing to spend for (set a hard limit of $250 with replacement plan/warranty). The employee tried to sell me on that one Samsung Ultrawide monitor that’s $999 too. Walked out of there, and went into Sam’s Club; and about 15-20 minutes later; I was back at home setting up my new 29" LG Ultrawide that was $225 out the door with a 3 year replacement warranty.

Oh, did I mention Sceptre told me to basically piss off? Not buying another monitor from them any time soon. Also, 1440p Ultrawide is a whole 'nother graphics hog, and I’m biding my time until Christmas when I overhaul my PC.

You were using a Spectre monitor? Their stuff are made from parts that didn’t pass factory quality control. It’s how they can sell their products for dirt cheap.

It’s always updating or verifying, always pops up sale windows on boot, makes booting my games take twice as long. It’s just annoying. I don’t want to deal with it. Just want to launch my game. Crimzon Clover hasn’t had an update since 2016, but gotta sit through a steam update to play. Uhg.