The PC Gaming Thread Phase II, The Masters of Gaming. No console peasants

Neat…

1 Like

Summer game festival is live…

Ended up retiring my Logitech G502 because I was having issues moving it around in the small space I have on my desk. Picked up a Razer Baslisk Wireless to replace it, and will be using it as my travel mouse.

Get the gog copy of the Witcher 3 for free if you link your existing copy of the game with gog galaxy

3 Likes

Alright I upgraded to a 3700x since I doubt there will be a price drop any time soon. The new XT cpus aren’t exactly competing against the current 3000s in pricing.

And uhh, I guess zen 2 is always boosting even in idle? Is there a way to stop this? My 1600(also with wraith prism cooler) was cool and quiet asf, even when gaming. The fan on the 3700x is always spinning so loud.

The gains are nice, but wtf it’s so loud.

I was surprised at how loud the wraith stealth was with my vanilla 3600. Upgraded to an Arctic Freezr 34, quite happy with it. Would recommend upgrading to the duo model at the small price difference (difference was about $10 when I bought mine, for the record).

1 Like

Killed my Apex TKL earlier today with keyboard cleaning goop. Have a GMMK on it’s way here, and I’m cashing in my warranty to Best Buy tomorrow and putting the cost of the keyboard on a gift card and saving that for Christmas.

I think I want to get my PC ready for Cyberpunk 2077…

1 Like

Steam summer sale is here…

1 Like

New PC person friend is asking for games that are GOTY caliber or close to Sonys offerings like God of War in the single player aspect. He has already gone thru Witcher 3 and played Control. Having a hard time to recommend the mans some games if his taste are too narrow.

Has he played the Deus Ex games? Human Revolution and Mankind Divided should be up his alley.

Focus Home interactive is mostly single player games like a Plague’s Tale, Greedfall, The Surge games,

2 Likes

Yea I was gonna say the Deus Ex games.

Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Dishonored and Dishonored 2. Max Payne 3. Bioshock games. Dead Space games. Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War.

5 Likes

All good suggestions but he keeps moving the goal post on what games he gets suggested. His response
" If it’s good and on console, I have it. As new as my pc is, I need to wait for new big name titles to drop before I can really get excited about new pc games. I have virtually everything you guys have named either on Xbox or playstation. I don’t care about exclusivity but I only ask about pc exclusive games because that is the only market that I was excluded from for so long. I just wish the world in general would catch up with Sony. The only developer out there on their level is CD Projekt Red imo. Can’t wait for cyberpunk."

SMDH. So why are you asking for suggestions then?

1 Like

PC has like no exclusives asides from certain games like Counter-Strike and/or genres like RTS, mobas, MMOs.

1 Like

What about a new Think Quick! game or a new King’s Quest game?

I remember back in 1988 or so King’s Quest series was the PC’s The Legend Of Zelda series.

I mean if he wants to play PC exclusives he’s got to expand his genre scope and go back a little tbh. Point and Click adventures, old school RPG/ARPs, FPS and FPS sims like Thief, Deus Ex etc. It’s all on him really since there are tons of amazing single player exclusive PC experiences.

1 Like

If he can’t find something “exclusive” to play on PC then he is hopeless.

Also did you guys know they the Deus Ex games have never been exclusive to PC. Every Deus Ex has had at least 1 console port.

1 Like

Just saw that I got Mafia 2 definitive edition for free on Steam because I already purchased Mafia 2 classic…nice.

I’ve been wanting to try out Mafia 3.

1 Like