The old World Warrior - Guile invincibility was no myth

Hi guys, I know this is a bit outdated, but i thought i’d post a screenshot of Guiles Invincible freeze from SF2 World Warrior (hopefully the screenshot works this time). I always thought this glitch was a myth, it’s quite different to handcuffs, normal freeze, magic throw, reset or super-freeze.
I have a few screenshots but since i can only upload one at a time i’ll just post this one with him facing away from Ryu, with a fireball going through him.
If there is any response to this i’ll let you know how it’s done etc.
Ever looked up Guile in the dictionary? Makes me wonder if they were actually ‘glitches’ after i looked it up :rolleyes: myself…

1 Like

I’m interested in how to do it.

-Nicholai!

Sure.

N

Aw shit, gonna make NKI go back and re-break the game…

Ok guys, here is is :slight_smile:

Ok here it is for all those interested, those who are not, then whatevs. :pleased:

I attached a zip file containing ten or so screenshots of various Guile Glitches, and a notepad explanation of how to do them, including the Invincible Freeze.

It’s not easy, but if you have Street Fighter skills you should be able to pull it off.
For those who feel above the original SFII, take a look at where you came from, without this revolutionary game you’d still be playing Wonderboy.

Also, i know the age of this game, trust me, i don’t need to be told it’s been played out. But there’s still a few glitches here that i swear are barely known to man this day, two of which i haven’t included. :karate:

This is for all the true SFII kings as I know you will appreciate it.

(Box you on Ex 2+ anyday)

thanks i go try it now

lol, you didn’t know what Guile meant? His moves are charge… it looks like he’s blocking, but he’s actually charging up for a move. Guile! I guess not many people realize that.

Hrm, I’m having some trouble with this. I can get the Flash Kick/Magic Throw out of the one-legged freeze, but then you say “if you keep tapping fierce punch, the opponent won’t fall to the ground”. Every time I get the magic throw, they always fall to the ground, and the game just resumes as normal…

Just to make sure I’m doing it right:
-do one-legged freeze
-have opp. within upside-down kick range
-do Flash Kick/Magic Throw two-in-one (charge down/back, towards, up/back+Roundhouse~Fierce, then move stick to from up/back to back and mash Fierce)

Am I doing something wrong there?

-Nicholai!

Can these still be performed in Hyper on SF:AC? Or do I need to go reclaim my SNES and SF2?

His handcuff gitch was banned. The only person who could beat Guile was Sim.

Rom resets when I magic throw when trying to do invincible freeze. What am doing wrong?

It will reset if the opponent is too close.
they have to be medium distance to perform this.
Umm, the keep tapping punch part cancels a ‘throw off’ if you are in cuffs, if you are not in cuffs, it cancels the throw altogether.
Make sure you are holding back the whole time, and perform a sonic boom just before Guile turnns back around to face forward.
Sorry forgot to mention they can’t be too close when you perform this out of the normal freeze…because yeah, it does reset the rom, or machine (will also reset arcade).

This is for the arcade version of sf2:ww
:karate:

BTW, thanks for the post. I still get a little giddy when i learn some old skool WW glitches. Good Times.
:tup:

Also, invincibility can be gained AS the opponent enters handcuffs, you can get into it with no magic throw whatsoever. Handcuffs, and then sonic boom as late as possible without it coming out. As with the invincibility + cuffs, it’s pretty much worthless, since you’re invincible, and they are frozen. No good for a time out, but useful for practicing the timing. Can be fun combining so many glitches at once, too… handcuffs into invincibility, magic throw cancel back into invincibility (since invincibility acts like stance)…

One interesting thing while I was fiddling around with Callus back in the day with cheats, the only thing that CAN get an invincible Guile is another Guile’s magic throw :smiley:

"But there’s still a few glitches here that i swear are barely known to man this day, two of which i haven’t included. "

You mind explaining a little more on this? What other glitches that are “unknown” do you know how to do?

I’d like to know how to do the TZW bonus-stage-into-endings glitch…

-Nicholai!

Ive never heard of that one. Which version of sf is it in?

When doing the handcuffs glitch, but with the fierce throw and roundhouse flash kick the game resets - that must have been really pissing off for players in arcades :badboy:

“Free” flash kick glitch… but then that only works on one version.