The Official Luffy Support Thread

One of our board’s finest, Luffy, is defending our Rose at the World Gaming Cup in France. So far I heard he did fine against Daigo himself, so if anyone gets any information: please share!

Go Luffy! :karate:

[media=youtube]V2v1xXmy0h8[/media] second match!

three and a half, and that akuma was so much better than mine :frowning: i feel so worthless at sf ill never be ready for my first tournament…which will only be when i can look at brilliant akumas and pick out what they could have done better

three and a half, and that akuma was so much better than mine :frowning: i feel so worthless at sf ill never be ready for my first tournament…which will only be when i can look at brilliant akumas and pick out what they could have done better

I nominate Luffy as best Rose.

(even though he lost).

Seconded.

I thought this was a thread from a '10er asking for Luffy to be in SSFIV. I was wrong. :rofl:

That mach was pretty sick though. :tup:

hey, good luck Luffy Hope you do well, you got the rose crew behind you all day.

All of my local Irish dudes that went over were suitably impressed by the resident Rose representivie anyways.
Our Cammy player Cobelcog is the best we had to offer and he was knocked out of top 16 by Luffy on the first day, so fair dues lad!

Sensei! Show them the real strength of Soul Power!

Good job at drawing first blood, Luffbo. I imagine you were pretty nervous, but anybody playing the Beast should be.

I respect a match where a European player plays a European character in Europe against a Japanese player who plays a Japanese character against Europeans. Kind of makes the game seem more real.

What was the end result? I’ve only heard snippets from one of my mates who wasn’t fully sure about specifics.
They mentioned Luffy beating Daigo in the first leg of the tournament, falling to Fuuba in the Winners Final, then unfortunately losing a rematch against Daigo in the Losers Final?
If the above is true, fair fucks to you Luffy. I’d say most of the Street Fighters in the world’s jaws were on the floor seeing a Rose player go so far!

Very intense match. It impress me that luffy plays with a psx controller. And Daigo in that match looked very conservative.

Intense anyway.

Well it would make sense if he’s never played a quality Rose before. I noticed Daigo didn’t use any meter outside of FADC Ultra + Super.

I just have to give respect for trying, makes me want to improve my Rose watching that.

Good job. Keepin’ the dream alive!

This should give Rose more respect in the street fighter community. Thank you Luffy for representing Rose so well.

Thank you for representing an underused character. I hope you’ll be playing as Rose for years to come.

*Good showing Luffy. Makes me want to step up my patience and footsies game with Rose.

Good job giving the scarf her deserved recognition. *

Street Fighter 4 Singles

• Fuudo (Ryu)
    • Daigo Umehara (Ryu)
    • Luffy086 (Rose)

LUFFY! Reppin’ the scarf!! Even apparently knocking Daigo into losers. Fuck whatcha might think, and fuck what Daigo fans might think (Hey, i’m a fan)…if he threw the first match or not…Luffy can say he took the beast to losers.

MAD Pride that I see his name firmly under Daigo…sick