The names Logan, I mean James Howlett - Wolverine Mixups

Hopefully this gets filled up.

Wolverine Mixups

Cross-up Slash

Storm’s horizontal whirlwind and mag’s disruptor come to mind.

super jump -> dive kick crossed up for me when I was messing around in training mode. Do the dive kick as soon as possible.

If they’re in the corner, constant magic series mixup with sentinel force pressure does wonders.

i would assume drill claw over opponents head+assist crossup is still pretty effective if the opponent could somehow read the slash crossup or just for a change of pace in general.

Hypothetically speaking(haven’t played it…)

Yeah I thought about that. I’ll try it later today, for some reason I didn’t try it before. I’ll let you know what happens. Or Zana will.

Any assist with long hit stun+instant overhead works really well(jumping light attack)

Corner only*
You can, OTG slide off forward throw if as soon as the animation ends you d+f drill claw > land > slide.

There may be more potential there, I’m still messing around.

Not really a mixup, unless you can make it where it crosses up/doesn’t cross up sometimes after the slide. You can combo off of it easy with the help of a good assist.

With Dante jam session assist you can f. throw> full dash forward > call assist > the df. M slide > then H > S ^ M > M > H xx drill xx Fatal Claw. The damage isn’t bad after a forward throw.

I know it’s not super safe, but, when I do drill cancel into slide it stops the throws hard knockdown, from there I call out assist and mix them up with slash or dive, it works well with the high/low assists, but I mostly use it to get the rocks out.

Of course they can punish it, but it basically forces reversal or 50/50 because if timed right they stand into the assist.

Just discovered you can do the instant overhead into a combo on Sentinel without an assist. J.L, J.M, J.S, Fatal Claw for 406,800 damage. In the corner instead of a Fatal Claw, you can do a downard Drill Claw, J.down H, H, Berserker Barrage, Berserker Barrage X for about 530,000 damage.

What’s the instant overhead into dive kick that Justin was using during the tournament? I’ve tried everything possible, but I can’t get the dive kick to combo off of anything, Wolverine just does j.H if I do it too soon, and if I delay it long enough to get dive kick instead of j.H it doesn’t combo.

I do jump S into d/f drill claw then dive kick into whatever combo you like to do. There are better variations but I like mine cause it looks cool haha

oh lol, I completely missed the drill claw then. I got it to work with drill claw but I thought you were going straight into dive kick. Thanks a bunch.

Justin needs to keep Wolverine as point if he hasn’t already.

Im thinking of sticking to wolverine unless i find some more hot stuff with other characters

Cool, this is actually my first Marvel vs Capcom game so I’m trying to learn right now so I guess I can watch some game plays to learn how to actually play with Wolv. (I don’t know how to play MvC)

Me too. Just to let you know. He’s a beast.

hmmm… can we resurrect this thread?

anyways even though im sure this is like day 1 stuff to marvel 2 players… i didnt see them anywhere in here and the strategy thread is to big to look all the way through:

a couple resets after wolverines standard LMHS> j.L, j.M j.H, j.S+atk, j.D+H (Land) bnb starter.

follow with:

L> dash, plink dash (crosses under them if they air recovered backwards, if they air recovered forwards the plink dash autocorrects and crosses under them a second time)

• edit another auto correct mixup off the aforementioned starter:

(land) L > dash> jump S+atk, D+H

the S+atk will autocorrect to wherever the opponent goes and depending on where they went the D+H will combo if drill hits.

or do j. D+H and mixup ( in corner) wait (the wait feels unnatural) plink dash (this autocorrects to wherever they rolled, can also call out helper while dashing)

havent tested these so dont know how effective they are… unfortunately cant get online and no one to play offline yet. but they seem solid enough especially with the new plink dash autocorrect making things easier. however the second one can probably be blown up with a neutral get up since neutral getup is quicker, wolvie will be dashing… use with caution… the air one is better and MUCH trickier… go to training mode and have the dummy do random air recovery… you will see.

-edit another cool little mixup:

c.L xx L slash (point blank) i guess use it after a blocked divekick. even on counterhit it wont combo… which is good.

standing L xx L slash wont crossup sent (i’ve tested all this on him)

ahhhh… so many little gimmicks.

if these work well im thinking i will always do them unless standard relaunch bnb to super will kill.

depends on how well these work out.

-edit 2

after the combo: drill claw, D+H, S, L,M,H, drill xx D+H

when you land you can chase after a forward or back roll with either drill or plink dash… both will autocorrect towards the opponent.

-dime

Video of some drill claw shenanigans that I posted earlier: [media=youtube]a_Hc_CYVvYw[/media]

^^^ nice, but do those work if the opponent changes his tech direction? i ask cause it looked like CAP was teching neutral everytime.

oh another option for option selecting (autocorrecting) forward and back rolls:

neutral superjump D+H. (the D+H will track them whether or not they forward or back roll) although if they back roll wolvie will whiff if he was trying to tag a forward roll…

still though, 3 different options to OS techroll is nice, more characters have these probably.

-dime