The (Mod-Approved) Skullgirls Tier/Theory Discussion Thread

This is a place to talk theory and tiers in Skullgirls.

Before we begin conversation lets establish a firm set of rules.

1. This is not a thread to critique the overall game. We speak matchups, theory and tiers only. If you have a complaint about the standard game, I have a salt thread in the Skullgirls forum you can whine in.

2. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you’re also entitled to use an ignore function. Use it if necessary. No Trolling.

3. Currently, since the game was recently released there is not an established tier list. But if you want to post your big ideas ( video proof, charts, etc) please spoiler them. You can easily create a spoiler tag by “quoting” a segment of your post and replacing the word quote with the word spoiler. Also try to give reasons for tier placement. There are only 8 characters guys.

4. Treat everyone respectfully but try not to respond to obvious troll posts. Especially ones that go “WHY IS DIS THREAD HERE?” yada yada yada". If they’re aiming to hinder conversation by posting rants ignore it and continue. I expect alot of troublemakers to do this early on.

1. Be open to heavy constructive criticism about your ideas.

With these five rules in mind, I hope this thread can be a lively place to discuss “who da bess” in Skullgirls.

Alright people, lets post those wonderfully accurate week 1 tier lists :slight_smile:

God tier
Valentine
Parasoul
Cerebella

High Tier
Double
Filia

Mid Tier
Ms.Fortune

Low tier
Painwheel

Peacock Tier
Peacock

This tier list is based on boob size.

firebranded are you a smash player?

S Tier
Valentine
Parasoul
Cerebella
Fillia

A Tier
Double
Fortune

B Tier
Peacock
Painwheel

God Tier
Parasoul - apart from air mobility she has everything. Frame traps, best normals, keepaway, a good reversal ect.

High Tier
Valentine
Cerebella
Filia

Mid Tier
Double
Fortune
Peacock
Painwheel******

if I had to guess, I’d say that, in no order, the top 8 would be: Peacock, Double, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, Parasoul, Cerebella, Filia, and Valentine.

I was a melee player for awhile back in the day.

These tier lists are confusing me. I’ve seen more people bitch about Peacock than any other character and yet she’s being considered bottom of the barrel?

Also lol at Ghostfreak thinking that Painwheel is the worst character in the game. Clearly you have not been reset by her.

i hate this thread already

WTF is this doin in the FG section?

There’s a rule against SG tier lists in the SG forum so Firebranded decided to put it here.

TOP TIER:
CHARACTERS I PLAY

BOTTOM TIER:
CHARACTERS YOU PLAY

marking so I can read tier discussions, which are always interesting :smiley:

Sensei, because the mod over there doesn’t like tier lists.

You know how I could guess? Because only Smash players throw the phrase “meta-game” around. (misusing it)

I never said that Painwheel is the worst character, actually I think she’s high up their but to be honest it takes a lot of time and patience to actually get down her basics and advance stuff. Time and patience, not something everyone has when they simply want to get in there, do big damage and go home. I have no doubts that Painwheel can do that, as I have her in one of my back-up teams on Skullgirls and can pull it off once I get a hit. But speaking from experience it is really hard to do some of her more damaging combos, its well worth it in the end but hard all the same plus not a lot of people on PSN actually play her. More than likely because she’s not as easy to pick up as say Fillia, Parasoul, Peacock, Double and Ms Fortune to an extent. This is simply my opinion and thoughts on what I’ve seen of her since the game was released Tuesday, nothing is set in stone so we will just have to see for someone to pop up and show us something spectacular and I can be wrong.

Like that guy who beat Mike Z with Painwheel despite the former having had three characters, while the later had a Double that had lost early prior to the match starting. I never said that she was bad in anyway, I just simply said that in terms of usability she’s advanced, really advanced and not the kind of character you would pick up and play unless your willing to dedicate the time and energy to do so. Plus I listed Paacock their simply because most if not everyone who I have fought online in my experience who plays her is just run away, throw stuff and teleport behind you once you attempt to corner them, and proceed to do it again. Its not that hard of a strategy to beat you usually just need time and patience, but it is somewhat effective and annoying and can be punished harshly by a large number of the cast in my opinion. Its even worst when you can’t get a hit-confirm, let alone pull off a proper aerial string while their locked down or given the opportunity. Just so long as they are capable of getting in and making quick work of her, though that all depends on team ratio, hit-confirms, and blah blah blah.

Valentine laughs at Peacock spam with her double jumps, angled projectiles and her full screen ninja dash in the air of Peacock so much as whiffs and Argus Agony. Putting her either on top of behind Peacock if their not in a corner hoping to the video game gods that they can get a hit. Parasoul has a somewhat good match against her so long as she’s smart enough to use her soldiers to take the hits for her and advance at a gradual pace. All the while retaliating with her tear and napalm shots, while avoiding assists like Fillia and her Undo or whatever its called and Parasoul and her Napalm pillar Or Double and her Bs butt bounce. Fortune does pretty good against her to so long as she times her jumps properly and have her assists back her up, while having her head follow Peacock, dealing damage over time with pecks and grabs. Though this is all owed to my experience with these characters and whether that is subject to change depends on the growth of the game.

And if anything I fear Valentine, Fillia, Parasoul and Double and a few other characters more than I do the little teenie-bopper. Just my opinion is all.

So basically you’re assuming low level play.

That is like, the opposite of what you are supposed to do when making a tier list.

Playing cerebella and the hardest fights so far are valentine and peacock. both aapply so much pressure to the point cerebella needs to guess right when she does get an opportunity or lose the match.

I honestly think Peacock will settle down to perhaps upper middle of the line. Being nearly pure keepaway she doesn’t have the maneuverability and mix-ups of the other characters. She’s like Arthur with an airdash and teleport. Only a matter of time before people figure out how to chase her down and what her “typical” moves to watch out for are.

Why do people have Painwheel so low? I feel like she is the best in this entire game. I play Painwheel+Psylocke assist and it shuts most of the stuff down in this game. I havent even started maximizing damage either.

Seems like Cerebella is easy/quick to pick up, and painwheel is slow/hard.

Right now, one of them gets results, and the other is still in the realm of theory.

Painwheel was wrecking shit before the game was even released.