The Master Cook Book: Combos, Match-ups, and FAQs (Updated: Ultra SF4)

Excellent cookbook!

Against adon, if he does a Jaguar Tooth (normal & ex) U2 catch it.

You can cr.FP pretty much all of Adon’s moves. Sometimes it trades but I think that’s just because I haven’t figured out the timing.

El fuerte listed in reverse matchup is kinda redundant…

I’m aware of the problems with my thread. It is in no way close to completion, and is still in its infancy state, please do not post any comments about the thread unless it involves a “You should include X”

Notable Fuertes will be updated after Evo.

I updated Abel and Akuma but this is going to take a lot of time to finish properly.

As for the Dudley match up, I did crossup splash and he U2’d me thanks to Auto-correct. I felt super scrubby.

Hello!

First post to the forum. Doing a great job Paper!

Just wanted to add, vs Dudley … not sure if its because Dudley players are not used to the match up, but I seem to be having good results with wall jump fajita.

either its because they don’t tend to dragon punch? or duck? I have fajita’ed a number of dudleys trying to ex duck shot(?), machine gun etc (any of those hcf moves)

of course bait and mix it up!

I’m pretty sure there are some really good players on psn and live and yes some don’t have the opportunity to attend to EVO what about them?

Welcome! Wall jump Fajita is a Shenanigan. You can get people occasionally if they’re not paying attention, but they can just jump or crouch and you’ll whiff. It’s not a trick you can rely on more than once or twice because even scrubs will get out of it by just spinning the joystick.

Online players are garbage.

Forget what I said, I just jumped into a Ultra 2 today :xeye:

just wondering, but why isn’t this stickied?

and in the Chun matchup part, what do you mean airgrab “Fancy fancy”

I think it means you can air grab Chun out of her EX SBK.

Anyone know a fool proof setup for that? I was playing around abit in training mode with it, and couldn’t get it consistently

Obviously with practice, its a high risk / low reward tactic.

This post isn’t stickied because I haven’t asked for it to be stickied, its not even 1/10th completed.

1. Get the funds to go to tournaments.
  2. Hopefully win to hopefully get your name out there.
  3. Get more money and go win some more.
  4. ???
  5. Profit

My only problem is 1. Because I have a life and trying to get that life stabilized.

what exactly do you mean with “juri’s wakeup game sucks”?
i cant really make that out. explain plox.

the matchup kills me!

well i believe Juri’s only real wake up options are pinwheel or ultra. but tostada eats pinwheel, we can’t tortilla or sweep it i believe cause its a stupid move :[

When you land an untechable knockdown vs Juri how does she escape your pressure?

Pinwheel on wake up? Shower kick over her, punish with rsf.
Teleport on wake up? Tortilla

how do you allow a Juri stand up?

(aside from when they all rise when the judge enters the courtroom heh)

Wow amazing, I tested today this trick and works like a charm!

Thank you!

Guys, when your playing Juri, just block low till you see her hit with an elbow. after that elbow, its an overhead, so hopefully you guys dont get caught by any resets =)