The Magneto Loop

Did some experimenting:

:r: If a cr.mp is blocked, you can get the following characters into loop: Akuma, Fei Long, Gouken, Dhalsim, Ryu, Gief, Ken**, Sagat, Gen (Mantis & Crane)***

:r: cr.mp on hit gets the following characters into loop: Fei Long, Gouken, Chun-li, Honda, Gief, Ken**, Ryu***, Dictator, Abel, Rufus, Rose, Gen (Crane)**

*-not sure you can follow-up with more reps of the loop
**- You can only get one rep of the loop (the 1st) on Ken and Ryu if they successfully block it all. The second time you try it, the HK will whiff.
***- You can follow up with the regular loop after landing it, whereas before it would be impossible to get it going on them.

If a character is just on one of these 2 lists, I don’t recommend using the cr.mp starter, or you’ll might end up hovering for a while and susceptible to a reversal, since the stomp or HK didn’t connect.

I’d be very grateful if someone could double check if this is right or if I’m doing it wrong here.

I don’t think it’s fair at all that this is called a loop. I mean, it doesn’t really repeat itself and it doesn’t really combo.

Also, I think SaikyoBeast has been doing this for a while, you can switch up the j.HK cross up with a Dive Kick to make them have to block forward too.

I’ve seen SaikyoBeast combo the instant overhead headstomp with the dive kick too, probably on counter hit.

You can also obviously replace any step here where you’re on the ground with an SPD.

It’s called the Magneto Loop in homage to Magneto options with resets =P But yeah, it’s not really a loop per se since it doesn’t all combo; and yes, you can mix in a dive kick here and there to mix it up, as well that you can just go to short short jab instead of short jab to hit confirm a high block off the opponent thinking another instant stomp is coming. There’re many possibilities :tup:

Could you link said video? I <3 watching other people use this tactic.

Ah yea, I understand the magneto part, but I don’t think it should be called a loop exactly, but I guess there isn’t exactly a better word for it.

I watched SaikyoBeast use it IRL, I don’t think he has many videos up.

I’m not interested in stealing people’s credit, as my original purpose in making the video was to show off a Seth shenanigan to the Seth forum :lovin:

Thanks for bringing a new trick to light. Now I need to figure out what to do to defend against it since I don’t play Seth.

Shoryuken.

I still can’t seem to get the instant over head. Any suggestions ?

can someone post up a video of the loop on ryu? i can’t for the life of me, figure out how cr.mp goes into the loop – the d.mk hits way too late, and bounces seth too high to cross up w/ j.rh when i try it.

Looping Ryu is very hard and I advise against that.

You can usually do 1/2 reps off a blocked or on hit cr.mp, but as soon as he blocks the overhead right, it’s over.

Turn off block, and set him to crouch. The timing is a lot tighter, but you can get several reps of the loop if he fails to block it all. I’ll try to post a video.

EDIT: [media=youtube]ss5na1JYBEc"[/media] it’s still processing, so auto-bad quality.

The most I ever got on stick was 4 reps of it, but I just started this thing (6th day on stick) and I’m not in the mood to kill myself over this vid right now.

an absolutely vile technique! I think I will try this later as I may want to main Seth, still trying to figure out who to main in Super :slight_smile:

you don’t want to main seth in super, he’s gone severely downhill
-nerfed teleport
-nerfed jump hard punch
-nerfed divekick
-nerfed piledriver (range)
-nerfed ultra 1

afaik he didn’t get any improvements, except maybe his new ultra, but that’s debatable

Are you sure his SPD’s range been nerfed? I was able to tick into it from cr.jab x2 but I missed a few times since I’m playing on a new monitor and I’m not used to it. I was able to do it left and right in training mode off of 2 blocked jabs.

If it’s not nerfed then I am just very unlucky… or something…
I found doing cr.lk cr.lp (blocked) into spd was whiffing quite frequently, and it literally NEVER whiffs in vanilla, plus a friend who also plays seth seems to think somethings changed about the spd.

short answer: i’m pretty sure if’s nerfed

It’s not nerfed, you did it too early. If you do it immediately after you recover from the cr.lp they’re still in blockstun and immune to throws.

Takes two crouch light kicks to get Guy into Magneto Mode.

I’ll get my hands on it tomorrow (fuck europe) so I can check the rest of the chars if nobody does it by then.

Thanks for the video. Does the loop work on Ryu only if he’s crouching and from a cr. mp?

-Nothing on Ibuki.

-On a standing Makoto you can get her into loop with two not-blocked cr.lks. and to keep her on loop you need two continue doing 2 cr.lks after j.HK. You can switch the two cr.lks for 1 cr.mp at any point of the loop.

-On hit, pretty much ANYTHING gets standing Dudley into loop. He has a weird wide hitbox that lets you insta-stomp him after cr.mp, cr.lk x2, cr.lk>cr.lp, cr.lp x2 and after j.HK you can do any of those 4 too. Have fun. I didn’t get any love on crouching Dudley.

-Standing Hakan is the same as Dudley: cr.mp, cr.lk x2, cr.lk>cr.lp, cr.lp x2 and cr.lk after j.HK. Crouching Hakan gets looped by 1 cr.lk and it can keep going until he d-d-d+KKK’s you and takes you for a ride.

-Nothing on Juri.

-Standing DeeJay goes with cr.lkx2 then regular cr.lk after j.HK. No love on crouching.

-standing Cody gets in with cr.lk x2 or cr.mp. Same for crouching, but timing for j.HK is a bit weird on crouching.

-Doing this on Hawk is hilarious. It really is. Standing Hawk gets in by anything really. Same as Dudley, with the added bonus of j.HK being slightly ambiguous when started by a cr.mp. It looks like it should land in front and not cross-up, but it doesn’t and crosses-up. Other times /(rarely and I still haven’t figured out why) it doesn’t cross-up. Crouching goes in with cr.lk x2

-Not a lot of love on Adon. Most I could get was 1 rep (both standing and crouching) starting from a cr.mp. Worth a little mix-up at most.

-The cr.lk x2 only works on Guy if he’s standing and not blocking.

Cheers! Any corrections and revisions welcome.

God damn you Kanta. I was bored after playing tonight so I went into training mode to test all these, had it written down in notepad and all that shit. :bluu:

Good shit anyways, same notes I got aswell.