The Magneto Loop

[media=youtube]EmXFROt1Y34#t=8m18s[/media]

So here’s why this setup is so sweet, and why I basically call it the Magneto Loop.
The basic strategy is to attack with crouching short that attacks front low guard, the instant overhead that attacks front high guard and roundhouse which is a crossup which attacks rear high guard - all in 1 second. Because this doesn’t put the person in block stun, there is no auto guard and he is forced to learn how to guard without the aid of the shitty hand-holding mechanic :tup:

Will post some variations later, would be sweet if other Seth players could mess around with this and help the rest of us out with some field testing =)

GodOfG@mblers Freestyle Video: [media=youtube]CGNEsrM_k30[/media]

bry’s test confirmation on who it works on and what variations to use to make it work:

Characters with smaller hitboxes are best brought into the loop with cr.lp cr.lk rather than just cr.lk (cr.lk cr.lk also works). After this you can continue the loop normally. However, if your cr.lk is not comboing off the cross-up j.hk, the loop will stop.
Fei Long, Gouken, Dhalsim, Chun-Li, Dictator, C. Viper, Dan, Gen

Some characters will need to be started with cr.lk cr.lk and then the loop because of a narrower hitbox. They also must be kept in the loop by comboing the cr.lk after the cross-up j.hk, otherwise it will stop.
Akuma, El Fuerte

The easy-to-land-this-on big characters that are able to be brought into the loop with just cr.lk are the easiest to do this against.
Sagat, Blanka, E. Honda, Zangief (watch for Lariat), Guile, Seth, Rufus, Claw, Boxer, Abel**

Characters I couldn’t get a full loop to connect on (j.hk wiffed): Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Sakura, Rose+
*reccomended you begin with cr.lp/cr.lk cr.lk anyways

• I was able to land the loop on Rose, but only starting with the cr. lk beginning and it was inconsistent

NOTE: Works against all characters if Seth is jumping into the corner for the cross-up.

Kikuichimonji:
So here’s what I’ve observed if you set this up off of a jump-in j.hk.

* Works fine on big characters
* I set the opponent to all block
* Dhalsim, Fei Long and M Bison seem to only work with just one cr.lk. I can't get it to work otherwise.
* I can't this to work at all on C Viper, Dan, or Chun Li. Either the stomp whiffs because I'm too far or the j.hk whiffs because I started too close.
* cr.lk cr.lk definitely works on Gouken.
* Against Gen if the j.hk's not crossup do one cr.lk. If it is crossup do two.
* Usually the stomp will only connect if they're crouching. If I set the opponent to stand block the stomp almost always whiffs on some characters.

Kanta-Kun:
:r: If a cr.mp is blocked, you can get the following characters into loop: Akuma, Fei Long, Gouken, Dhalsim, Ryu, Gief, Ken**, Sagat, Gen (Mantis & Crane)***

:r: cr.mp on hit gets the following characters into loop: Fei Long, Gouken, Chun-li, Honda, Gief, Ken**, Ryu***, Dictator, Abel, Rufus, Rose, Gen (Crane)**

*-not sure you can follow-up with more reps of the loop
**- You can only get one rep of the loop (the 1st) on Ken and Ryu if they successfully block it all. The second time you try it, the HK will whiff.
***- You can follow up with the regular loop after landing it, whereas before it would be impossible to get it going on them.

this is a pretty nice setup. I was using it a little bit online today. Not only does NOBODY expect it atm, its also pretty fun to do :slight_smile:

Just so you know, 4:11 in your video. The spacing after seths teleport is dependant on how far away from the other player you are when you teleport, there are 3 ranges I believe, with the closer you are to your opponent, the further away you end up after the teleport. However lp sonic boom > teleport will place you as though you were one zone closer to your opponent when you teleported than if you teleported without the sonic boom first. It’s weird I know.

Anyway, there may be some slight innacuracies in what I’ve said above (try it out and see) but that’s basicly why the spacing is different sometimes.

Sorry for the noob question, but when doing the instant overhead do you jump forward or neutral jump? Every time I try an instant overhead I fail and it comes out too late.

How PPP teleport works after sonic boom from full screen:

Ultra -> Sonic Boom -> PPP Teleport

Sonic Boom pushes them further than where you were supposed to land, so you actually land in front. Teleport before or after the hit animation (not during) and you will end up behind. At least that’s how I remember it working. I’m at work right now so I can’t confirm =P

Digital- jump forwards. Try it in training mode against Abel first, since I’m sure it works on him for sure XD
Seth should be able to do it to other characters as well, if not the Roundhouse connecting, we can switch it out with the Dive Kick which should lead to new mixup variations as well XD

That’s not what I mean, I guess it was the guy playing abel that did the annotations then? When you actually teleport behind someone using PPP teleport there are 3 different spacing you can end up with depending on where you were (or what move you did) before the PPP teleport.

Ya it was the other guy =) Since my notes were on the video itself.

Absolutely love this new loop, can’t thank you enough. Really works well after Auto Correct Cross-up or Unblockable, I don’t know the official term of the setup, but it works!!!:bgrin:

EDIT: Setups found so far

Tested on Rufus

Tick SPD -> Auto Correct Cross up (Unblockable) -> low short -> 1X Mag Loop -> B&B Around 60% DMG 1005 Stun <-Not counting stun punish

Jab Tandem punish -> 2XMag loop->low short->low jab 2X -> low strong -> forward flip kick Around 40% DMG 910 Stun

FA -> dash forward -> 1XMag loop -> Sc.Fierce->jab sonic boom FADC->Sc.fierce -> roundhouse spin kick Aound 60% DMG 1130 !!!STUN!!! <-Not counting stun punish

Sounds good =) If you could get videos - even better :tup:

I’ll try to figure out some more stuff tonight at casuals/tournament.

Maybe I’m missing something, but why’s it called the magneto loop? =)

Great video man. This is gonna be awesome to add to my developing Seth game. Unless people know how to defend it they’ll have no idea what’s going on, and it leads to mix-ups which, for Seth, lead to huge damage and stun. Excited to experiment with it.

If I find anything better than GodofGamblers, I’ll be back to add to the thread something more substantial than praise

edit:

Okay, so

Characters with smaller hitboxes are best brought into the loop with cr.lp cr.lk rather than just cr.lk (cr.lk cr.lk also works). After this you can continue the loop normally. However, if your cr.lk is not comboing off the cross-up j.hk, the loop will stop.

These characters include: Fei Long, Gouken, Dhalsim, Chun-Li, Dictator, C. Viper, Dan, Gen

Some characters will need to be started with cr.lk cr.lk and then the loop because of a narrower hitbox. They also must be kept in the loop by comboing the cr.lk after the cross-up j.hk, otherwise it will stop.

These characters include: Akuma, El Fuerte

The easy-to-land-this-on big characters that are able to be brought into the loop with just cr.lk are the easiest to do this against.

These characters include: Sagat, Blanka*, E. Honda, Zangief (watch for Lariat), Guile, Seth*, Rufus, Claw, Boxer, Abel

Characters I couldn’t get a full loop to connect on (j.hk wiffed): Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Sakura, Rose+

*reccomended you begin with cr.lp/cr.lk cr.lk anyways

• I was able to land the loop on Rose, but only starting with the cr. lk beginning and it was inconsistent

NOTE: Works against all characters if Seth is jumping into the corner for the cross-up.

Consider them on the way. Probably upload them saturday morning.

And here it is, sorry for the poor video quality had to convert vids which made them turn out like shit. Il try and find more stuff and post footage of the setups actually being used in a match.

[media=youtube]CGNEsrM_k30[/media]

[media=youtube]OVV1yN55wDc[/media]

Your video is too good :lol: I’ll update the first post with your link and bry’s info after I get back from church =)

On another note, I met this really good Seth player in Tampa (who knocked me out of tournament) and tried to show him but I dunno, he didn’t seem interested =( If you’re reading this, get hype son XD

One more video
[media=youtube]Byepe6mFDjk&feature=channel[/media]

I wouldn’t want to be doing this against sagat but if you are, something I found - after c.lk if you do an instant head stomp then hk, it won’t crossup, if you wait a couple of franes after leaving the ground and headstomp, it will crossup (impossible to tell the difference visually). Doesn’t work on other characters though afaik and doing these sorts of games against sagat is too risky imo.

The thing about doing this against people with strong wakeup options (i.e. Sagat) is that you could possibly get away with a couple loops, then bait the impending spam Tiger Uppercut or Shoryu with a PPP back teleport which puts you at perfect range to punish the shit out of those mashers =P

But yeah, I wouldn’t advise people to abuse Magneto Loops on Gief and strong DP characters =P

Bad exemple my bad thought it would work well against other wide/tall opp with weak reversal options. Oh well back to the drawing board.

This is a really nice find and a great opportunity to level up my Seth a little. Props to you eiSH and the rest of you contributing!

Im having some trouble getting the loop to work tough. Somehow I cant seem to get the j.hk to cross up, even if Im practicing against Abel. If I start with cr.lk I just jump right over him and the roundhouse doesnt connect. If I try to begin with cr.lk cr.lp like GodOfGamblers does in his video the d.mk during the jump connects way to late when Im already over Abels head.

Any pointers? Is my spacing off or am I pressing to early/too late? Help appreciated :confused:

edit: Ah nevermind, I just noticed it didnt work because I had auto block turned on.

So here’s what I’ve observed if you set this up off of a jump-in j.hk.

[LIST]
[]Works fine on big characters
[
]I set the opponent to all block
[]Dhalsim, Fei Long and M Bison seem to only work with just one cr.lk. I can’t get it to work otherwise.
[
]I can’t this to work at all on C Viper, Dan, or Chun Li. Either the stomp whiffs because I’m too far or the j.hk whiffs because I started too close.
[]cr.lk cr.lk definitely works on Gouken.
[
]Against Gen if the j.hk’s not crossup do one cr.lk. If it is crossup do two.
[*]Usually the stomp will only connect if they’re crouching. If I set the opponent to stand block the stomp almost always whiffs on some characters.
[/LIST]

And that’s it for now.