The Ken Masters Thread

Ken, The Eternal Rival.

Trained with Ryu under the tutelage of Gouken, and has since become eternal rivals with his good friend. He is the heir to the Masters Corporation. He is by nature a cheerful and positive person in contrast to Ryu’s stoicism, but he is also able to concentrate on the task at hand. Worried about the dangerous road his friend Ryu is taking, he joins him in his journey.

■Official Tag Partner: Ryu

Special Moves

Hadoken :qcf::p:
Shoryuken :dp::p:
Tatsumaki Senpukyaku :qcb::k: (Air OK) Super Charge Move

Command Normals

Step Kick :f::mk:
Overhead Heel Kick :b::mk:
Step Overhead Kick :f::hk: (Causes Ground Bounce)

Super Art

Shippu Jinraikyaku :qcb::2p:

Cross Art :qcf::mp:+:mk:

A variation of Shippu Jinraikyaku, instead of spinning upwards he spins horizontally knocking them into his partners Super Art.

Video of Ken’s Super and Cross Art.
[media=youtube]qweJMMjeshk[/media]

Ken’s Swap Costume

Ken dresses up as his son’s favorite Super Hero, Bokori Man. But there’s a striking resemblance to Lars…?!

Vids

Ken Trials by Vesper Arcade
[media=youtube]mi0E4Rhrk2Q[/media]

Pre Gem Build Gameplay by Korean players
[media=youtube]pxufjdnyVjM[/media]

Poongko playing Ken and Ryu
[media=youtube]FqR6GGbKKCY[/media]

Maximillian SFxT overview with Ken gameplay pt1
[media=youtube]Pf1NEVnAHhc[/media]

Maximillian SFxT overview with Ken gameplay pt1
[media=youtube]6zjOHTsW3g4[/media]

Mike Ross Vs Combofiend (Ken from 3:23 onwards)
[media=youtube]mOXafFzhc7s[/media]

Reserved

Reserved just in case

he’ gonna be great in this game

is kens only super the jinrai?

As far as we know, yes. Only one Super in this game it seems.

Stop posting the exact same thing in different threads.

Yeah Kens gonna be nassssty. Him and Hwoarang are looking like my alt. team

Since his tag super start up move is a modified version of Shippu it’s going to be weird that Ken will not have shinryuken and Shoryu Reppa in this game…

Hopefully he gets shinryuken in the update cough

Well, considering that they only have 1 super each in the game (probably as a consideration to the Tekken cast), I’m happy that it’s something that wasn’t in IV.

i post it in 3 threads and it’s my opinion. ignore it if it bothers you.

Yeah true, it was good of Capcom to include the fan favorite Shippu move back in this game. Still I would’ve expected Shoryu Reppa to be his Cross Art starting move but they went with a horizontal variation of Shippu Jinraikyaku.

Kinda hard to make Shoryu Reppa his Cross Art starter.

Just end it like Kazuya’s Tag Super where he uppercuts Ryu and Ryu is rolling along the ground into Nina’s regular Super. But doesn’t really matter, I prefer Shippu anyway, just found it weird that he won’t have either of his SRK supers.

Must have gotten tired of the flowchart shoryu stigma.

I think it’s nice for Ken to have a shippu Super Art because it’s something new and it harkens back to the 3S days when it was his most useful super.

Ken’s SF x T portrait is sexy as hell. I like the artwork and how they’re adding the effect of water to this games’ portrait’s, as there was a paint effect with SFIV. Like in the image of E. Ryu below for example.

http://vgamernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Evil-Ryu-Shows-in-SSFIV-Arcade-Edition.jpg

Seems like Ken’s over head Thunder kick will be a decent mixup if you use it after you tag out of a move with heavy blockstun.
Im thinking of something along the lines of:

1. Kazuya does the heavy version of his low-hittingTatsu
  2. “FADC’s” to Ken part way through
    3.Ken does the Thunder kick (He also has the option to do a FTK into Kara Grab)
    4.Thunder kick causes ground bounce, so you can probably go straight into a bnb combo

Then again, this is all just theory and will probably only be useful on week 1- Im just hoping that Ken still has his awesome Kara Grab :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m kind of hoping that Ken’s moveset is a little bigger than this. I dunno, I just wish Capcom would bring back some of the old Ken moves that got tossed under a bus and/or given to Sean. The Roll, Crazy Kicks, Ryuubi-Kyaku, heck even that weird A2/3 taunt splat would be fun to play around with.

Ken will be A GREAT POINT character. can tag cancel from tatsu and from DP’s to extend combo’s…shoot his overhead causes a floor bounce and you can combo right after it