The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Probably just watched the livestream on vid on youtube

Spoiler

I donā€™t think a mere hacker could orchestrate this. Also doesnā€™t really explain why Alex has one. I get that Guile and Chun would be the safest people to leave Shadowlooā€™s WMD keys with, and she would trust Rashid, but sending Alex one is baffling.

I have two main guesses:
-As mentioned, Viper could have done it. Sheā€™s investigating Shadowloo, and is one of the few known anti-Shadowloo people to be in a position to do this. Giving one to Alex doesnā€™t make much sense at first, but she might have seen how he performed in the simulation and smuggled one out with him in hopes that Shadowloo would not be able to take it from him.
-Urien/Illuminati could have done this, probably with Twelve units infiltrating Shadowloo. This also answers the Alex question (the Illuminati knows of his ā€œpotentialā€), but we donā€™t know why Rashid has one in that case. Urien could very well be trying to PREVENT the apocalypse in order to stop Gill from becoming the ā€œsaviorā€. No idea how this translates to Rashid getting one though.

A side effect of finding out who did this is getting a good idea of where the other 3 might have gone:
-If Viper did it, they could be split between herself, and 2 of Hakan (she did scout him out for joining SIN in SSF4, no one would suspect him), Juri (wouldnā€™t cooperate with Shadowloo/Bison, although giving her the keys to a WMD may backfire), Sagat (DEFINITELY wouldnā€™t work with Shadowloo/Bison, probably in a remote location), and Abel (She likely knows heā€™s working against Shadowloo, and would be safely resting at the Kanzuki estate according to his CFN bio).
-Urien would definitely keep at least 1 to himself, and has all the resources of the Illuminati to tuck the others away somewhere inconvenient

This is probably really out there butā€¦

Spoiler

What if FANG sent out the keys? We know he knows Alex and that key conveniently appeared after Alex was kidnapped and returned to his trailer. What if FANG is the traitor and the programmer was the scapegoat he pinned it on?

Or maybe

Spoiler

the programmer was there when Alex was fighting and gassed afterwards. It could be that simple

Otherwise

Spoiler

illuminati

That would be my second guess if I were to not take things at face value.

[details=Spoiler]But what would their motive be? Because stopping Bison doesnā€™t really completely fit with their plan. Are they stalling? Or they turning the heroes into targets (for Nash), employing a divide and conquer strategy among the heroes AND villains.

FANG on the other hand does have a lot of possible motives. Heā€™s so obsessed with Bison that he probably wants to BE Bison and take over Shadaloo. He could also be an Illuminati double agent but I have my doubts about that one.

My third bet would be on Juri because she has to play into the story somehow and she has a history of enjoying causing chaos and pitting people against one another. [/details]

I have no idea man. Considering I donā€™t know the relation between the two organizations.

However hereā€™s one theory iā€™m coming up on the fly (so its not really thought through)

[details=Spoiler]what if the Illuminatis goal is to allow Bison to cripple the world, but not too much. Because remember he gains(?) power when he uses the suns. By doing this when Gill emerges from the shadows bringing forth salvation alot more people buy into his ideals. Meanwhile Bison is under ambush by all the heros and heā€™s not at full power. The trump card for the fight will probably end up being Nash as the Illuminati assassin.

Now your probably asking how Gill would bring salvation. Remember those moon pieces? I bet they somehow restore power. Or theyā€™ll have some sort of adverse affect similar to the suns.[/details]

Interesting theories. But isnā€™t it obvious that Ingrid is using everyone, the Illuminati included, to destroy Bison?

Ingrid doesnā€™t give a shit what happens to Earth with the Illuminati and Gill in control.

She just wants whatā€™s hers back and then sheā€™ll bounce, like the little capricious demi-God Celestial bitch child that she is.

Or maybe Urien and Bison and Gill all know one another, and Bison is the bad boy that went rogue on the Illuminati and heā€™s trying to bring them out into the open to eliminate them? While their goal is to get rid of their black sheep and use him for their own agenda in the process?

Necalli seems to be part of Bisonā€™s plan, I believe from Bisonā€™s point of view, the fact that Necalli has awoken means that he is on the right track and there is no turning back.

Itā€™s even possible they will flip the script with Bison, and have him portray himself as the one who is really trying to save mankind from the Illuminati.

He will seem defeated, or broken, at the end, yet warn the World Warriors that Gill is the worst evil and they would need his help either way eventually to defeat Gill.

Bison gets stripped of his ability to use Psycho Power by Ingrid yet is allowed to start over as a regular man. Ingrid also wipes most of his memories away.

The consciousness of the last body he inhabited slowly regains control of his body once more:

Dorai is very confused about where he has been all these years. He is afraid of letting his daughter know he is alive because of the ā€¦

ā€¦ vague perplexing memories of who he was formerly as Dictator, and a strange drive to destroy Gill, he dons a powerful cybernetic suit and goes by the name of Q.

Q hopes that by confronting Gill and destroying him he will be able to make sense of his dreams and nightmares of what seems to him to be someone elseā€™s life.

Hate to admit, but after all that spotlight time, Iā€™m warming up to FANG. Actually killing someone in the present rather than the far past, enjoying it fully and treating Vega and Balrog like the trash underlings they are, he has just scored a lot of badass points.

Other than that, the story mode is underwhelming: the animations are in-game-MK tier, the dialogues are short and the playing consists on hitting some training punchbags, at this point they could put some ads instead, some of those are more of a challenge to take out. This is below MK10, Tekken, and PS Vita SxT as far as story modes go.

Back to the actual story, itā€™s going to be interesting to see how Nash involvement leads to: after a fight with Necalli, another one with an hologram of Bison and showing off to the party of good weakling guys, he is probably poised to play in the big leagues. Letā€™s hope Helen is not a dead end although it doesnā€™t seem likely that sheā€™s actually Kolin in disguise.

Stopped reading after that.

Really liking the theories and other tidbits (havenā€™t had a chance to watch the whole video yet) Iā€™ve been reading. Iā€™m expecting this story mode to keep us talking and theorizing for quite some time. F.A.N.G. has definitely elevated himself up to MVP status so far. He has his hands in everything while Bison is free to chill in the shadows. This just shows heā€™s not some one-dimensional underling who canā€™t stop dancing on Bisonā€™s dick.

His respect for Bison is genuine from what I see, but like Lord Daemos mentioned, it makes you wonder what his actual end goal is. Is it to solidify Bison and Shadaloo as the most fearsome force in the world? Or is F.A.N.G. secretly trying to make history for himself? Only time will tell, but I can honestly say I like the direction of the story.

Hakan

Awww yeah!

Cā€™mon, just gimmie Abel, Gill and Twelve!

Is it just me or is he built like a red Haggar?

I think we might not get Gill or Twelve, at least not until after the Cinematic Story comes out. I feel like they might make an appearance in the ending (Plus Twelve might not even exist yet).

I really hope thatā€™s not the case.

I whole ā€œShadaloo data filesā€ thing is just supposed to be a cute framing device. The actual purpose of these references is to serve as an online character encyclopedia. If the framing device is getting in the way of the site from doing what itā€™s actually supposed to, then they fucked up.

Covered in oil from head to toe!
Everyoneā€™s familiar with the cooking oil mark of Hakan
Here he is! (You are familiar with him right?)

Name: Hakan
Height: 190cm
Weight: 110kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: November, 13
Home Country: Turkey
Favorite things: Wife, Daughters, Chanko stew
Dislikes: Fire, Cigarettes

Heā€™s the president of the worldā€™s leading cooking oil manufacturer.
He is a Turkish hero in the sport of Yağlı gĆ¼reş (Turkish Oil Wrestling).
Itā€™s a traditional fighting style which requires the body to be oiled during the fight.
He becomes stronger applying fresh coats of oil while still wet!
Heā€™s currently travelling with his friend E. Honda
on a gourmet adventure in search of new disciples.

I would just like to take a moment to point out thatā€¦they moved on from the Alpha charactersā€¦without doing Ingrid or Evil Ryu.

I donā€™t want to get my hopes up, but that makes me feel like celebrating.

I still donā€™t understand that man Hakanā€™s hair.

Also, Carlos, Maki and Guy have official English entries on the site now.