The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Hinagiku & kunoichi

This time, we present the ninja army employed by the Kanzuki family as personal guards.
Their duties vary from personal attendance to intelligence spying and even fighting.

Name: Hinagiku
Height: 161cm
Weight: 54kg
Blood Type: A
Birthday: Juni 14
Home Country: Japan
Favorite things: Knitting, Sweets, Cockatiel
Dislikes: Onions

A female ninja employed by the Kanzukis.
Her principal duties are information transmission and guarding the estate.
Hinagiku is a personal favorite of Karin Kanzuki.
Her rank is geninÂč, that’s to say an underling.
We present chĆ«ninÂČ and jƍninÂł as follows.

A chƫnin from Kanzuki ninja forces

A jƍnin from Kanzuki ninja forces

All have received fighting training, and are equipped with ninja blades.
There are about 6000 chƫnins constantly on duty.
Jƍnins master several styles of Kanzuki-ryĆ« taijutsu,
and spar regularly with Karin herself.

You could’ve noticed, but
Genins have 1 curl
Chƫnins have 2 curls
Jƍnins have 3 curls

Âč “low person”, the lowest rank
ÂČ â€œmiddle person”, exactly what it says
³ “high person”, do I have to explain? :tongue:

Are the Chunin’s the ones we see in the background of Karin’s stage and in the Lair of the Four Kings running around?

Yes.

And Hinagiku is “Daisy”.
I can’t help but think to

“Do you want me to spar, Kanzuki-sama?”

Can’t stop laughing, sorry.

Surviving against Bison doesn’t seem much of a feat, though. None of the characters, except for Ryu perhaps, seem to have accomplished much in the lore. Neither Akuma, nor Bison are the menace we’d like them to be, sadly.

Ninja Chicks?!
Man, how big is this Online Encyclopedia going to get? I assume it’s going to be MASSIVE! How far can Capcom stretch this out exactly? Can they get it up to the end of the year (December)? They don’t have enough characters for that, do they?!

This should be one of Ibuki’s alt costumes

They also seem to get progressively more naked as they rank up, for whatever the reason

Hopefully to piss off people like the dude that wrote that Polygon article.

people keep forgetting that

Spoiler

this is essentially this is the beginning of the illuminati, more than likely urien will turn up in the end and also some crazy rumor than necalli is actually gill in a more “purified” state

In this shot of the Lair of the Four Kings stage there is a red dressed kunoichi in the left corner spying the situation. She looks like the genin Hinagiku. A male ninja, blue dressed with a red scarf, probably from Ibuki’s clan or a totally different one, is fighting the master class Shadaloo soldier with the skull face in the center area. Then we have the pink ninja, running around, same style as those at Kanzuki’s. That’s a lot of shurikens.

Well Ninjutsu is the “art of invisibility”. The more skill they gain in the art the more their clothes become less visible. Remember Guy?

Spoiler

Pretty curious (but predictable) that F.A.N.G. didn’t dispose of Rashid. I suppose he hates traitors more than nuisances.

This should be Karin’s premium costume

What is the source for the ‘Ryu comes home and finds Gouken’s dead body’ claim? I see this all the time in plot guides, wikis, etc. But I can’t seem to find an official Capcom source that mentions this event (which would have taken place between SF1 and SFA2).

Hey MiĂ°garĂ°sorm! Thanks a lot!

But can you elaborate more on the first sentence? I know that profecies are hard to undestand and translate

When a Sun with a peakless soliton will sink
Unless I got it wrong, it mentions a Sun releasing a energy wave which doesn’t suffer any deformation or loses its force even at great distances (the peakless soliton part). The sinking part I couldn’t get

Also, the english version changed the “A child will appear
” for “A boy will be born
” That could be either Gill or Alex

Very nice!!!

I really wanna see the pink ninja running after the robot and the latter stumbling right in front of Lord Vega’s statue in the cinematic story

I don’t like em. I liked it better when it just seemed like Ibuki’s village was working for Karin. SF didn’t need a third(possibly fourth) ninja clan.

This bitch is what Kitana is supposed to be. Can you hear that, Boon?!

You know, since we got the ninjas today, I’m expecting that we’ll see Shibasaki and/or Ishizaki tomorrow.

It’s simply that the Sun will set. The rest is correct.

Yes, but the original is sexless. So that could also be Karin, or Cammy, or Mika
 Karin is (and has) undoubtedly fighting Shadaloo, and I suspect she will be rather influential to various future events. Especially considering the many Mary Sue traits she acquired in her SFV incarnation
 After all, a good prophecy must be twistable, mustn’t it? :tongue:

I haven’t found one either so you wont find me referencing that in the new plot guide. So far I don’t think there is an official source that claims Ryu came home to find Gouken’s dead body. The most we know from official sources is that Ryu had been aware of his master’s death by the hand of Akuma, but it’s unclear where he learned this fact.

The SF4 anime trailer makes it seem as though Ryu may have arrived at the very conclusion of Gouken and Akuma’s fight, but Ryu still doesn’t witness his master’s “death”, he only see’s Akuma standing over what can be assumed as a whirlpool in the ocean where Gouken had fallen after his fight with Akuma (for whatever reason Gouken was defeated and fell according to the EGM hoax the trailers synopsis seems to be based upon).

I remember when it was speculated that Ken returned to Gouken’s dojo during the climax of his battle with Akuma, only to get knocked out when trying to intervene. I believe there’s a quote in SF3 where Akuma tells Ken to show him his fist of flames again or something along those lines. Most took that to mean Ken possibly fought Akuma at some point.