The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Note the not so subtle threat, mafia-style…

Shadaloo threatening to kidnap/kill Lauren gives me life. There, I said it.

Viper not looking bad. And the fact that she’s being displayed with multiple costumes just screams she’s gonna be in the next season

Agree, well even original C.Viper is basically Angelina (in Mr. Mrs. Smith) + SFEX Sharon+ DD from Capcom All Stars

The roster voting poll has been taken down or expired, ergo it no longer exists. I’m speaking from what I remember of the results.

So people tend to hate Rufus for two reasons: 1) his annoying divekick-centric gameplay, and 2) him being a bizarrely conceived comedy character that fails to amuse.

If people are hating on Rufus for the second reason but the same people are okay with New Birdie? I feel that New Birdie is way worse.

I might be alone in this but it just feels like Street Fighter needs more “Casual style” costumes like this one. Nothing too special, nothing extraordinary, just a simple clothing style that an average human would wear in their everyday life

Viper for Season 2 then? I don’t mind. Gets us one step closer to Q if anything.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefinite lock for season 2. Honestly, I feel Viper is gonna be around for a long time. She made an interesting impact and having her as the eye in the sky/narrator for SF overall (Rose would be/should be narrator #2) would be a good touch. She’s connected to all sorts of potential mysteries and surveillance, so she’s got constantly growing potential. I for one, am happy she’s still around.

I definitely want her for S2, I’m curious to see how they change her moves up a bit. And I like how we never really know which side she’s on. I mean she’s good, but she wont hesitate to take down other good characters to reach her goal, which gives her a bit of an edge

I’ve been thinking for a while about character deaths… shouldn’t we cut out Balrog and Juri from the list? It wouldn’t really make sense to have them die if the story mode will launch before they are, if they were to they should’ve been included in the first half of the DLC schedule imo. I guess this would only leave Guile on the death list since the rest are SF3 characters, and even then I think that’s unlikely.

On the topic, C.Viper looks alright… design is very spy-ish which is fitting. I’m curious to see what role she will have in the story mode.

The best I could ever find about this poll is the one with the top 20 in NeoGAF:

Ingrid at #3? Auto-disqualified. Shit poll. Confirmed.

I’ll be real, Juri, Gouken, and Seth were the only characters to debut in sf4 that I liked. The rest can eat a dick.

I want Gouken to return as a playable character. It’d be kind of a waste to retcon his death just for sf4 and then have him remain as the “mentor” figure whose only advice to Ryu is “lol I dunno, go fight people around the world I guess.”

Lol

Waifu and shotos: teh list

Tbh i hope capcom stay strong as long as possible to keep some artistic integrity instead blowjob that shit XD

They can be bad in many ways but at least i can thanks them for the Birdies, Sim, Gief and Fang that keep SF a SF and a Capcom style game.
And i don’t even like all these characters

For whatever reasons internet peoples seem want turn SF into not-SF

“Go visit the other old man. The pervy one.”

“The pervy one?”

“Yeah like in naruto?”

“?”

“You haven’t heard of naruto?” Ryu…it’s time for us to part ways for good this time…"

Juri is the only debut character that I don’t like from SF4. In the beginning I was quite indifferent to some of the other characters like Seth and Fuerte but they’ve grown on me since.

I dont mind El Fuerte or Abel, shocker. And I really enjoyed Decapre but not sure she counts as SF4 because of her cameo in Alpha 3.

How do you access JP activity reports? It only shows me english ones

I think you have to change the language options to Japanese in the top right corner.