The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

I love Viper, but the only thing about her that bothered me was that she doesn’t change her look. At first I thought that in SF4 when we saw her with her daughter that might have just been animation limitations, but as a high profile spy I was expecting her “civilian look” to be rather different. If she’s ever featured in something animated (or the story mode) I’d hope they’d address this.

You couldnt get 3 more different outfits than those 3 above tbh.

Wasn’t SF4 the game where no fighter ever wears anything else but his in-game clothes?
Zangief wearing only his panties at a playground.
Dudley cutting plants with his boxing gloves.
Honda wearing his sumo clothes in an airplane.
Vega wearing his mask at a party.
And so on.

Was there even one fighter who wore different clothes in the cutscenes?

Sakura had different clothes on when she was walking her dog. Probably won’t count because this was at a future setting.

When Chun-Li was stopping the robbers in her SF4 prologue, her clothes were different.

http://i.imgur.com/cNZi1hK.png

That was a reference to her ending in SF2, in which we saw her in her “casual” clothes.

It’s hard to find because they took it down ages ago:

https://fb.namcobandaigames.com/fbtekken/statistics_user.php?sid=78423 <- Used to be here

Here, however, is the archived version:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120813063608/https://fb.namcobandaigames.com/fbtekken/statistics_user.php?sid=78423

I went ahead and sorted them and numbered them since the original poll just listed results alphabetically. If you are curious there is also like a mini-bio for each character on the website.

Note this was back in like 2012 so it was pre-ultra. So no Decapre/Poison. I can’t remember for sure, but I think you could vote for multiple characters. Like 3, I could be wrong on that though.

It’s NeoGaf. The fuck do you expect?

Neo Garbage Ass Forum

Actually SRK is the only place I’ve been that seems anti-Ingrid. Everywhere else seems ok with her, ranging from fans of her to indifferent.

Oh well, I am on SRK and I’m a fan of her. And my main favourite is Zangief - all people have their own tastes. The vast majority here actually doesn’t give a damn about Ingrid, and there is a vocal minority that vehemently hates her; from what I observed, though, haters or not, everyone is exasperated by a certain troll who continues to post Ingrid images just for his amusement.

Facebook was actually where the poll was. Hence part of the link being “***fb***tekken”

Not much better, but just clarifying.

People on GameFAQs SFV forum also seem to, surprisingly, hate her.

I never dislike waifu characters or a fan of them( like juri, viper, kari, mika, maki, makoto, elena and etc) they are fine in SF other they just need not being dress as school girls and loli dress. They just need to be in there fight comfortable apprearance…or what people think of a fighter should wear, While for sakura they can kept her sailor colors scheme like they capcom did with cammy final street wise.

Well tbh here it’s not that better

Here there’s a holy Ingrid hate, but you get Dolls supporters and other similar stuff
Dat everything-as-long-is-waifu crowd

It’s like dislike brown shit but ask for light-brown one

With minor difference but the poll will be similar here too

Old schools fans are just out of internet forums, hopefully Capcom keep considering that watching polls

Only difference is that on Gaf you get a layer of SJW farts over everything

Again, thanks Capcom for SFV cast, because until now they’re doing a good work at not letting the cast become a marketing blowjob to internet wierdos

No matter wich site, if you let peoples chose we will not have a balanced/various cast, specially not for classic SF standards

Plus, we get those dipshits that think every female character is a waifu…

http://i.imgur.com/Mj2LOTI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eFhhjJ9.jpg

Tell me theyr names, i will be glad to list them a decent number of very good female characters in SF universe :slight_smile:

Ingrid is only favorably viewed in Japan. She’s not popular in the West. The reason for the strong negative reaction is character archetype and overall appearance. She doesn’t fit Street Fighter. Which makes sense because she wasn’t conceived as Street Fighter character.

If Ingrid showed up in a Darkstalkers title, it would be more fitting. Her appearance and abilities fall in line with what is already present game. I wouldn’t bat an eye at Ingrid being in a franchise that already features a homicidal monster hunting rendition of Little Red Riding Hood.

To make Ingrid fit Street Fighter, they need to make alterations to her character. Not doing so would greatly diminish strongest antagonist of the franchise in M.Bison/Dictator. Rose would be collateral damage due her narrative being entwined with Bison’s. If they did make changes to Ingrid, the character may no longer appeal to her fans. As such she should be placed in crossover titles and/or Darkstalkers.

Side note: Diminishing Bison would send Daemos into a beserker rage that would make Wolverine shit his pants.

She’s very popular in South America too actually, brazilians seem to love her too for some reason. I dont think they like her for her backstory, so that could be retconned. They like her for her design and moveset (which I believe would get a total redesign if she ever made it to SF5). I guess we value the SF story more which is why she’s a problem, but everyone else is like “meh” at the SF backstory and they dont care that much about it.

Personally I’d rather have Xiayu and her nunchakus, Capcom said they’d rather bring back existing characters with different playstyles, hers would be a good example.

They could make Ingrid like a very powerful ageless character that is beyond space and time that can travel to different universe of capcom. Ala guardian or whatsoever of SF universe or even crossover stuff… They can make her cameo in remastered fighting games to create a new role for her…

like future trunks, time guardians, watcher and etv type.