The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

@Cestus can u do Arroyo with a chiefs head gear? I could have sworn Thawk was the son of the chief per previous in game stories. Would look sick nonethless

@“Doctrine Dark” huh, never heard of this Star Gladiator game. Just another example of how many Capcom titles I missed

Yeah, it’s pretty obscure. It was a 3D game released in 96’, with its sequel (called Plasma Sword in the US) being released a few yrs later.

The game was pretty fun.

Yes.

Satsui no hadō (power)
• SSF2T / SFAlpha series
Taking the spirit to kill the opponent to the extreme, it transforms into a physical power. As a power vector, it resembles Bison’s Psycho Power… Gouken worked to a method to restrain it; instead, Gouki refined it, choosing the path of fighting¹. It dwells naturally in Shōryūken, Hadōken and Tatsumakisenpūkyaku; thus it’s possible an user of these techniques like Ryu would wake up to it.
SFEX series
It’s said Garuda was born of the thoughts of people possessed by this power.

Then speaks of Evil Ryu.

¹ Shuradō, “the path of Asura”.

Thanks.

While you’re at it, would you mind translating Shin Akuma’s bios?

Here they are:

Great stuff thanks as always.

Garuda basically gave the idea for Oni imo

"It’s said Oni was born of the thoughts of people possessed by this power. "

I’d like to see a triple match between Garuda/Oni/Necalli. I imagine it’d be quite the battle.

I’d say Garuda was the progenitor of Oni and Necalli. But still manages to be cooler than both.

Garuda is definitely the origin of both. He is also definitely cooler.

Additionally, in a fight…? Garuda would DESTROY them. It feeds on the SnH and evil chi…and is a goddamn spirit. It’s basically a Dark Stalker that is specifically designed to obliterate beings like Akuma and Necalli.

Garuda all the way.

Garuda and Skullomania are the best two EX characters, and I would pay good money to get those two in V.

Does garuda even talks? Garuda act more spiritual demon or mystical monster and has brutal moves than Necali’s talkative beastly traits and attacks… the Shin Garuda’s teleport when getting hit was awesome when i first fight and saw it it, while Necali’s vibe is similar to earlier SF2’s era Blanka…

I know SFEX gets a rap for being non-canon, but it probably is one of the more influential SF in terms of story going forward, that and Alpha series ofcourse.

Yeah, he has dialogue in a few of his endings where he’s speaking on absorbing souls. He’s definitely aware of everything that’s going on.

Also, while nothing says Garuda *actually *defeated Akuma, I like how Akuma’s AAC bio basically said Garuda’s appearance made him into an irrelevant character. That was great.

Damn straight. SFEX was great stuff.

Yup. The Garuda is aware. Which…makes it even more terrifying.

If Capcom would ever need a guest character in an SF title from another company someday i hope it would be Garuda and Skullomania… skullomania some way have deadpool vibe for me.

Can we get transcripts of Garuda’s dialogue? That guy was awesome. I don’t know Japanese, but I think he utters “mezame” at some point, which I assume is “awakening”? I believe Akuma said that somewhere in his SFIV ending.

Heck, translations of all the things the characters say in-game would be fantastic.

I loved Garuda, second fav after Pullum. Its odd cause I cant stand Akuma/Oni/E.Ryu

Shin Akuma (character · male)
SFA2 / SFA2’
Akuma who has released his true power. His distinctive trait is the bluish purple vest, and is much more powerful than normal Akuma. In arcade version he’s present only as a special boss, but is playable in PS and Saturn console versions.
SFA3 (Dreamcast · PS · Saturn versions)
He appears and is playable in console versions. Compared to normal Akuma, every single one of his moves is more powerful and with less recovery time, and he’s stronger than his normal self in every aspect.
SFIII2nd
By defeating Akuma under certain conditions, he will resurrect as Shin Akuma. If you beat normal Akuma, a 天 ten¹ will appear in Ranking Screen, but defeating Shin Akuma gives a 滅 metsu² symbol beside the score. He’s playable only in Dreamcast version.

¹ "sky"
² “destruction”

Garuda’s EX2 profile and ending:

[details=Spoiler]Profile:
Garuda, a mass of evil that was brought to life by man…
He exists because of negativity. Everyone who has ever
felt fury, hatred, jealously, betrayal or disappointment.
Everyone one of them has contributed sufficiently to
the driving force of Garuda’s existence. It is said that

Garuda’s form differs depending on who faces him. To
those seeking strength he becomes stronger, and to
adversaries who carry a grudge, their hatred becomes
even stronger.

“Come if you dare. You will learn how powerless you really are…”

Ending:
There weren’t any sufficiently adequate words to
describe who he fought. Was it a new form of
himself that did not know of yet? A dark side of
himself hidden within him that he did not realize
until it materialized? Or some kind of skill that
he didn’t know he possessed until now?

And yet, he felt a very different spirit and sense
during the fight.

“Are you truly yourself…?”

The answer to this question became an eternal
mystery…[/details]

Garuda’s EX/EX Arcade/EX+ Alpha ending:

[details=Spoiler]EX+ Alpha:

“It’s the death that suits you well.”

The dark power captured the thoughts of men who continued suffering even in their deaths due to their pursuit of the “power”. Isn’t there anyone out there who will give them the peace they seek?

The tragedy of men obsessed with the surge of murderous intent continued…

EX Arcade:

“Death suits you well.”

There were once men who passionately aspired to be martial artists, but died and were taken in by the Surge of Murderous Intent.

Will their souls ever find peace? Can such a relief be given? The tragedy of men consumed by the Surge of Murderous Intent continues.

EX:

Garuda - “Death suits you well!” Requesting “strength”, the memories of these men continued suffering due to the dark power they were consumed by. Will their souls ever find the tranquility they seek? The suffering of men obssessed with the Satsui no Hadou continues.
[/details]

EX2+ profile and ending:

Spoiler

Profile:
The demon who manipulates negativity.
The demon whose form changes depending on who sees him.
The demon who wanders through all eternity.

Ending:
The demon who manipulates negativity.
The demon whose form changes depending on who sees him.
The demon who wanders through all eternity.

Some of the stuff I could find.

Edit: Thanks, miogaro!! Since bak is working on the main portion of the guide, would you mind translating the EX/EX2+ bios for the EX cast? That way, more of our readers (me included) can have a better idea of the EX characters since there’s a lot of interest in them.

Not like I couldn’t get to it… but I would appreciate the help. Right now I’ve been focusing on a Final Fight section which I’m almost complete with (I have the story of Final Fight pretty much done), then after that, I’m going to try to cover some of the AASFEX/ AASFA3, with some misc stuff.