The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Yep, sorry about that, i don’t know how but I forgot one part …

did some more

Capcom already did, original Seth was good

I know, I just thought since you gave Guy’s alt pants you could give Seth pants too. He just looks better with clothes

Annoyed me too. The sneaks on Cody/Guy were, IMO, part of their charm. Guy wore red nikes. Cody wore blue stripe adidas. It’s such a small detail but the fact that they are opposing brands and also matched the character’s also opposing color schemes was cool. It’s a nice rivalry/friendship touch. Plus having shoes inspired by real shoes, in general, are a cool thing I liked. Sakura wears converse. Mika wears what I think are high top nikes, which if I am right, is also a nice tie-in to Guy wearing nikes as well. It’s super minor and doesn’t matter but it just made me a little happy. I do think the Cody/Guy one is KIND OF important to their character. It’s been there since the start. Guy didn’t wear them in-game but in some final fight artwork he wore sneakers,though oddly they were converse with Cody wearing what appears to be a type of nike. Almost all of the promo art has guy wearing SOME kind of red sneaker. Cody switched between nike and adidas depending on the art and he wore adidas in game, just like Guy switched between nike and converse in some art. Though Guy settled on some boots in game.

Heck, whomever tends to the streetfighter wikia page added a little snippet about it on Cody’s page, apparently.

Godlike, honestly the one that stands out the most is Guy’s. That should be official. I know the, I think it’s, fundoshi type pants are very japanese but I feel like it wouldn’t go over well. In addition I like how the whole thing flows with the vest. The outfit with the fundoshi feels like it could work with different upper stuff. I just am not feeling the vest as-is. However, with the pants you gave him it looks great.

The only character who can rock a fundoshi in Street Fighter is Honda or another Sumo guy.

Cross-over Heihachi

Done

Old-man butt cheeks. Reminds me of solid snake. Man…the fan girls would go wild for that booty.

Congratulations.

I award you The Internet. You have won, sir. You have won.

Not enough fan girl service in the game IMO.

Have you seen Hot Ryu? #pantycreamer

It’s interesting because we’ve never seen the Satsui no Hado having a red Ki colorization. Yeah we had white/blue for Ryu/Ken/Gouken, purple for Evil Ryu and Akuma, but even Oni had a slightly darker blue/purple Ki (and his aura also changed from red to blue)

This Akuma, however, is an entirely different being.

Is it a retcon of how Oni would look? Is it a “True Akuma” form? Has he mastered SnH enough to change his appearance like that permanently? Is this design a canonization of Oni but Akuma hasn’t lost his mind?

I’d be fucking awesome if he got a redesign like that in SFV!

I like the idea of this being a Satsui no Hado transformation that Akuma discovered during training or something. He’s usually inventing special techniques, so discovering a special form wouldn’t be out of the ordinary.

Yeah but that’s just one. Look at Mika/Laura/Chun’s alts(and basic costumes) :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the implication of the redesign is that this Akuma is a step closer to becoming Oni (i.e. Losing himself completely to the SNH). So Akuma is definitely ‘evolving’ or being transformed permanently by his power and what we are seeing are th physical consequences of that.

The problem with the redesign is it does not respect Akuma’s appearance in SF3. It would make a lot more sense if it was an Akuma post-3s rather than an Akuma post-sf4.

Honestly, at this point I think we might as well just forget about SF3 designs altogether, Capcom’s clearly not playing along the continuity of the series and each and every single redesign we see in SFV is essentially a retcon of SF3 outfits. Yes, including guys like Ken, Akuma, Dudley etc

Indeed. Ibuki clearly goes from looking like her SF3 self in SF4, to looking completely different in SF5, then going back to the old look in SF3.

I don’t see how any of the SF3 designs besides Akuma disrespect the timeline. Ibuki is still a student, Ken has his hair up, etc. Their appearances hardly impact or contradict their storylines. Certainly not in the way Akuma’s does.

It’s just weird for a character’s appearance to evolve, then go back to what it was before, if you’re playing the games chronologically.

Who plays SF chronologically? Haha

I’ve got some jeans that are a few years old. I can wear some clothes I bought today then go back to wearing my old jeans and a t-shirt tomorrow. Its no big deal.