The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Well, I’m looking forward to see what they will say about DJ, then. :tongue:
On the bright side, mocking a character doesn’t really mean anything. Do you remember when they openly mocked Mika and then she ended in SFV regardless? :wink:

You know what, speaking of DJ and the whole Juli, Noembelu, Hawk scenario. I remember the reason being why Juli was added in place of Noembelu was because of time constraints of having to animate new sprites for just his ending. Then I see Dee Jay’s ending and some random ass guy appears fully animated and for just his dumbass ending.

So I honestly don’ know why they couldn’t just animate a sprite that was already in the arcade version with the intro for the Dolls? Infact theres two missing Dolls and she’s not one of them as she’s next to Dacapre. Plus she’s animated for the intro, why not add a few more?

At work so I’m doing the conversion in my head. It looks like T.Hawk is 7’6" 357lbs.

I think they went with Juni and Juli because they were hand-to-hand fighters. Anyone else (well maybe not Decapre) would have required a lot of extra animations.

The only reason I de-lurked on a public space (YouTube back in 2011, if anyone remembers me from back then) was because of the whole Juli/T.Hawk/Noembelu debacle in the first place. That crap REALLY pissed me off at the time. I’m pretty much a hardcore lurker so for me it was a BIG deal!

I really enjoy this coupling and I’d feel SO disappointed if Capcom just retcons the whole thing out of existence. I would have such a sour taste in my mouth. To me, it would be lame. I would consider it a complete cop-out. I’m sorry but that would be how I see it. All you guys can laugh at me or say I’m on suicide watch again, whatever you like. I’m a passionate guy, everyone can probably see that. Yeah, I know I might take things too seriously. I just like what I like, ya know?

I expect the vast majority of people (probably everyone) wouldn’t understand where I’m coming from.

Maybe I’m just jumping the gun but if they just get rid of it…shaking my head

That just plain ol’ sucks!

Are Capcom just going to just throw it all away?! I sure hope not! I’ve been championing this coupling since SSFIV! I REALLY wanted to know what’s been going on with it (going on 6 years now). Damnit! That’s the kind of thing I didn’t want to see.

To me, it’s not very difficult for why there’s a German girl in Native American-like village anyway. I wanted to see if I could find a Germany-Native American connection in the first place. This makes more sense the way I see it, even if it doesn’t to anyone else. I’ve always tended to think this works as a viable alternative!

I tell ya, as a shipper, I would have paid money if somebody would have fleshed out their relationship. I really feel there’s a LOT of potential in it!

I admit, I was very much looking forward to T.Hawk’s bio mentioning Juli in some way. The disappointment has started to seep in a bit already…

My guess is that they wanted her to be playable. If not, then you are absolutely right about this situation.

Exactly. Juni and Juli are the ones that fight like Cammy. So they didn’t have to draw a bunch of extra sprites in order to add them into the game.

New T.Hawk is’nt bad

I seem to remember in the Udon comics she was the daughter of a German doctor working in Hawks village. If only they would just hand the story writing over to Udon altogether

No, thank you. Fuck Udon’s story writing.

I would have taken this no problem! Since she barely has anything, this Udon stuff would be much appreciated.

Honestly for anyone, how likely are the chances Capcom will get rid of the T.Hawk/Juli stuff in the first place?

I just wouldn’t understand why Capcom would introduce something like that and then retcon it all away in the next game.

Capcom did not get rid of the Juli/Hawk stuff. In Fang’s Doll assessment from a page or two ago, they do reference her escape at the end of SF4 (or rather their subsequent retrieval thereafter).

Hawk’s Bio just doesn’t mention her specifically (Or Noembelu for that matter who is also supposed to be from his Tribe). This is very likely because Hawk’s story will not play into SF5 in the foreseeable future, so no point in tying him to any character who will very likely appear in the story.

Anythings better then what Capcom write these days. Even Udon have given up trying to go along with street fighters story/time line and are just doing their own story’s with the characters now.

Capcom’s is worse.

Better the devil you know.

edit- We’ll revisit this subject on June 4th when the Cinematic Story is rumored to be released.

Udon’s unlimited series is worth a read if you both haven’t tried it. In the last issue gill started to host a tournament with about 40 character’s from across all the games. The tournament starts begins next issue.

I actually enjoyed Udon’s SF/SF2/Super SF series. Haven’t read Turbo or Unlimited yet.

Super Turbo profiles hype

Spoiler

http://orig05.deviantart.net/2669/f/2010/189/6/c/e_honda_and_feilong___sf_iv_by_khotebabu.jpg

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/0/05/Character_Select_Deejay_by_UdonCrew.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091113142226

Still waiting on

Spoiler

https://theelectricpress.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/gym-sakura.jpg

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/11/115901/1824908-dan.jpg

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/shacknews/assets/editorial/2016/02/SFV_Viper.jpg

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/11/118253/1672534-hakan.jpg

Please don’t dignify the Ingrid trash, Capcom.

This makes me feel better!

I don’t remember Capcom EVER mentioning Noembelu when it comes to T.Hawk in any of the official material anyway.

Why not say Juli(a) is T.Hawk’s girlfriend in just a general sense then? Would Capcom HAVE to explain what he’s been up to exactly in his bio because of that?
I don’t really understand the endgame concerning T.Hawk in general. I feel like Capcom are leaving him to hang.

Do you think Cammy will be the one to rescue Juli in SFV? I’ve always thought it should be T.Hawk to do that. I feel Cammy doing that would make T.Hawk’s whole story the last 2 games (Alpha 3/SSF4) a huge waste.

Give it a go. They’ve gone their own way now. They keep a lot of the games story such as ryu is currently training with Oro but they’re doing their own stand alone stories,recently they’ve put glimpse’'s of Laura and fang in too. I was so hyped for street fighter 5 but now I’ve lost a lot of faith in them and my expectations for the story are low. Hopefully Capcom will surprise me