The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

But what about guile?

I’m fine with them changing the design and colors. That is fine with me, especially when I’m not crazy about the original design or color. Not too hard to understand.

God I hate Ibuki.

This trailer reminds me of why I hate her and the depths of my hate. Ugh. Can’t stand her and now she has an annoying-as-hell voice. Great…

Yeah I was looking forward for another color… but not at the price of the hip holes and the bare feet… screw that, just remember everyone in SF is clown 1/2" size of shoes.

Now that we have another SF3 character in the game, it is going to be interesting to see whether they actually work this time to include her as a key part of the big storyline or, just like Alex, they improvise a half baked tangential scenario that is so unconnected to anyone else it can be OSed whether it happened at all or not.

Her new main is just her schoolgirl outfit with a bunch of ninja accessories.

Schoolgirl outfits as main costumes is the OPPOSITE of what I want from these characters.

Anyway, at least she does some cool DIO shit with those knives.

Wasn’t a fan either, I do like that they finally made him in the right military uniform but otherwise eh. Though his face in classic outfit is weird to me.

I hope they start to take away alot of school uniforms in Sf series but at least keep it with sakura but in a different manner tuning it into a dress with similar colors schemes somewhere a like karin’s update.

I just said fuck it and added as much as I could to the Misc/Misc Character albums:

Misc: http://imgur.com/a/lyaaK
Misc Cha: http://imgur.com/a/TKNtA

There’s a hella amount of stuff in both; some of it is probably stuff we already went through. I’m sure you’d be able to quickly sift through those, though. Still tons of profiles and stuff that have yet to be compiled, but this is a lot of random stuff. Hopefully there are some gems in there for us to learn about. I know the Urien G project was in there somewhere, so that should be good.

Blanka new haircut looks like Sonic the hedgehog hair!!

I hate that they had to put her in a schoolgirl outfit, and I don’t like that they have emphasized the use of weapons, but on the plus side her model seems really good unlike Alex’.

I don’t fucking get it, you all go on and on complaining about characters looking the same for years but you lose your shit when they do change it… make up your own minds oh my god.

She’s is a high school girl so it does fit the character in that regard, kinda the same with Guile getting a new outfit that still has to do with his job.

As for colors being part of their core design, with Ibuki I personally don’t think the color scheme is what helped to “identify” her character, her color scheme doesn’t feel as important to her concept as the design of other characters (shotos, dolls, Juri, Karin, etc) who are more identified by their main color schemes imo.

Tis the game of life.

I like this Ibuki. And her attire is consistent with her appearance in Mika’s story mode.
Also, she was a schoolgirl in Third Strike, and SFIV AND SFV are placed before SFIII3S along the timeline. A little coherence doesn’t hurt.

Can’t say I expected this one today.
Damnd

Dammit man! Just finish the playable characters before moving on to the dregs!

How about, and this is going to sound wacky, they only change it…if it’s BETTER.

And going from a full ninja outfit, to a schoolgirl outfit, is not better.

This outfit should have been her Story costume.

Damnd

Damnd, the Mad Gear gang member, in a good mood.
An odious fellow, who calls his accomplices with a whistle.
His rolling kick hurts quite a lot.

Name: Damnd
Height: 218cm
Weight: 201kg
Blood Type: A
Birthday: September 10
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Money, Strawberry sundae
Dislikes: Hardships

The original abductor of Jessica, the daughter of Metro City’s mayor Mike Haggar.
Doesn’t refrain from resorting to dirty tricks, if that means his victory.
Has informers inside the local police and FBI.
Loves money.

Does this part mean that Damnd is an informant for the local police and FBI. Sounds like the guy’s a giant snitch.

I’m pretty sure that part means he has informants who are corrupt cops like Edi E.

No, it means he has informants. Think of the Kingpin, only FAR less refined. :tongue:
Well, he could be an informant for them as well, but the original phrase doesn’t mean that.

Ok cool just wanted to make sure.