The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

@“Miðgarðsorm” Thanks buddy there’s literally so much information in here about the upcoming SFV story I can see it now

It really does sound like Fang is describing the Soulless move

Could Abel really have Shadaloo fighting data imprinted into his subconscious ?

So I guess that confirms T. Hawk’s ending in SSF4 is either non-canon (and SFA3 is definitely non-canon), or something happened that resulted in Julis recapture. I hope there are more details on this in the future.

Funny coincidence about this but apparently Japanese blogger Ryo-Red Cyclone had predicted that Enero might have this ability back when she was introduced in Alpha 3 as concept art, and he even has a picture to prove it. He even posted an entry dedicated to the whole thing.

Crazy thing was that during her inception her skill set had been something different as stated by one of the Zero 3 developers.
「人を魅了する波長の声での演説」

Apparently she had been more of a singing enchantress (like a Siren’s Song)

Big ups to @“Miðgarðsorm” who literally transliterated a whole part of the CFN SFV site that the English version hasn’t even bothered to touch (yet still lets you access regardless of either page).

Thanks! I really think the whole “Fighter that doesn’t like fighters” thing actually has a lot of mileage to it in the same way a super-powered person might not like super-powered people using their powers for various reasons. It can make sense so long as the character has meat on their bones to develop their world view.

The quotes took me a bit to think up but, once I started with a few, the others actually came pretty easy as Remy’s personality/motives kind of crystallized in my brain. Fighting to fight? He wants you to fuck off. Fighting towards a goal? Yeah that’s okay. Utilizing fighting skill as part of something bigger & better like Chun-Li? He’s totally down with that. Fighting FOR someone else like Cammy? Remy will actually give you a hand with that because that’s his deal too.

Now that I think about that…that’d also make a REALLY interesting commonality between Cammy & Remy…two “children” of Bison under this approach. Both are fighting to help their “sisters” and probably wouldn’t be fighting otherwise…but they fight to help people.

That’s also cool in that it makes it so that those that come from Bison end up HEROIC despite their evil origins. Make Remy the Adelheid of Street Fighter. Everyone thinks Remy is Charlie or Guile’s kid? SWERVE THEM! Remy for Bison’s son! Make it happen!

It’s rare that a character concept with very little to them (like the SF3 characters) can’t be made interesting. They’re just a bundle of potential. I’m glad I was able to hit the right notes with Remy because I honestly do like his design and think there’s plenty of opportunity with him

Making Remy grumpy but noble in his goal just works so well. He can be the brooding sort of guy as long as he has a reason to be that way and is sympathetic. Guys gotta do something and battle guys he doesn’t have any interest in? But he does it because he wants to help someone? Cool. I can get behind that. In fact, it’s even more sympathetic than a lot of characters because most of the characters ENJOY fighting so if fighting has to be involved in their goal, all the better. Remy, however, is doing something he doesn’t want to do. That’s actually heroic. It also gives him plenty of reason to be an asshole.

I think Charlie is going to end up teaching Remy his moves. I imagine Charlie is going to end up having the same cynical view on the world of Street Fighting as Remy after Bison’s death/Shadaloo’s fall, so the two of them would probably get along.

Remy has a dog collar on the neck? So they made him even more like Iori!!

original Remy for comparison: [details=Spoiler]

http://i.imgur.com/Xf78rqp.png

[/details]
Other differences is Horseshoe insignia on jacket is larger, shorter hair, shoes changed to black, and belt is more plain.

I liked Remy in 3s so I’m eager to see how they would alter him (gameplay/character wise) to fit the cast of SFV.

I agree. Whenever I see cool win quotes, it just makes me wish the characters also had opening dialogue towards each other. That’s one of the things I loved about SNK Vs Capcom Chaos and KOF XIII. KOF XIII not only had unique interactions between individuals, but also unique team interactions if you select the official team. Win quotes, too. When it comes to Chaos, there was just something awesome about reading an interaction between Geese Howard and Zero, Demitri and Goenitz, Bison and Iori, Balrog and Kyo, and many more.

I enjoy seeing in-depth interactions between characters that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to see. Things like that make the game far more enjoyable for me.

He had it in a past artwork

With the announcement that Juli has been returned to Shadowloo’s custody, the Hawk/Juli shipper guy is on suicide watch.

Carlos Miyamoto is brazilian!
suck Argentina!
game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112517.html?lang=en

That’s weird. It definitely didn’t say Brazil before.

As somebody else pointed out, Cody’s design is blond in official artworks.

There’s still one problem I have with the theory that the intro guy was supposed to be Joe: Joe is a pretty chill guy. Look at every artwork of him, his image in the SF1 intro and his in-game sprite: He’s always smiling, always grinning. He’s presented as a carefree dude, like Dee Jay.
His whole image just doesn’t match the bitter, angry facial expression of the guy from the intro.

But compare it to Cody, Mr. “I can’t be together with my girlfriend because I have to beat up thugs and that’s apparently a 24/7 job, even though we have just killed the number 1 mafia guy in the whole town” and it fits perfectly.

The whole intro scene of SF2 would be really out of character if that character was supposed to be Joe.

I hate it with how much certainty the writer assumes that the guy from the SF2 intro is definitely and undoubtly Joe. I mean, if he believes that the intro was supposed to be for FF, shouldn’t that, in his world view, be a doubtless proof that the blond guy is not Joe, but Cody?

Proof that they even edit the Japanese site right under your nose

Original

New

Honestly, a bit disappointed. We didn’t really need another Brazilian character. They just got done introducing, like, 6 of them.

Brazil is the new japan.

So it was more intended to be Joe and Mike in the SF2 intro since… was Joe the guy in the SF1 intro punching the wall?

okay here’s my fan made CVS3 win quotes for Remy and Iori.

Iori to Remy win quote: " Hmph nothing but poser trash!" “get out of my sight I have no tolerance for the likes of you!”

Remy to Iori: who are you calling poser you has-been.

Why? It’d be a perfect excuse to bring Hawk back… :tongue:
(and Rose, for that matter)

Although I’ve never liked Remy, you’re absolutely right. And I like your version.

Hugo

Hugo

A super giant wrestler, the mighty giant Andr…
H-HUGO!

Name: Hugo
Height: 240cm
Weight: 200kg
Blood Type: unknown
Birthday: May 19
Home Country: Germany
Favorite things: Poison, Potatoes
Dislikes: Being treated like a fool

A giant wrestler and ex-member of Mad Gear who works with Poison.
As a member of Mad Gear, he was responsible of numerous criminal acts.
Nowadays he travels the World to fight for various wrestling groups and federations.

Are they discounting that Hugo is an Andre?

Are Andores called Andres in Japan?

Anyway, wish they’d just listed him as Hugo Andore.

I don’t like this look at all though. The full body leotard? It’s definitely a step down from his previous look. Though I do like the hair covering the eyes.