The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Akiman said, in a recent interview from the CFN portal, that he openly plagiarized Streets of Fire when they told him to get inspiration from movies for FF’s general look.

I agree also on this

but imho they took also a lot from him

as americanized asian quick/agile backflipping sidekick friend of the blond american protagonist, there to martialarts the shit out of second tier bosses :smiley:

Everyone’s favorite…Remy

Remy

I used to hate Remy but now I don’t mind him. Cool to see him anyway.

Remy

In the world of street fighters, there’s a strange sexy guy. That hates martial arts.
He has silky hairs.

Name: Remy
Height: 173cm
Weight: 62kg
Blood Type: AB
Birthday: April 29
Home Country: France
Favorite things: his sister, his leather jacket
Dislikes: martial arts fighters

He’s a guy who, due to a certain fact, despises the existence of fighters.
According to reports by the fighters he has beaten, he keeps his dead sister’s body in ice in an underwater cave in the deeps of Biscay Bay.

He’s only 5’8"? I thought he was taller. Side note, he weighs the same as Yun and Yang

You know, usually we learn something from these character descriptions, especially with fighters that have little information written about them. With Remy, there’s nothing there that we didn’t already know other than height/weight stuff. Even with Q we learned that C. Viper is pursuing him. They couldn’t be bothered to add anything to Remy, he’s that boring.

Cuz Remy sucks. There’s literally nothing interesting about him other than his flamboyant looks

I’ve never understood his concept… why hate fighters if you’re becoming one yourself? Like hellooo? Lol.

I can more or less agree he’s a strange sexy guy though…

Probably this given it was a CPS1 game.

Sakura has this in SFA and CvS as well.

Hmm, I actually like Remy. He was a nice addition to the weird-haired Sonic Boomers. At least they worked more on his design than they did on Urien’s. Also, the reason why they didn’t give us any details about him (like who his father is, who I might speculate to… Nash? Think about it, Abel is from France and Nash is who saved him. So, Nash probably did something naughty there) is probably because just telling one thing would ruin all his mysterious and cool character.

http://i.imgur.com/num12O3.jpg

Yeah, but they didn’t change it up. Her hair has always been brown in and outside of the game. It’s not quite the same, we can’t know for sure if it was the coloring was chosen that way because of technical limitations or because that is how they wanted to design her. She was intentionally made to look kind of like Ryu after all.

Personally, I kind of like when developers are forced to work around a limitation, it breeds creativity. Without that kind of limitation Mario would never have had a mustache or overalls.

Oh ok now I see what you mean…

But what about Vega then? Brown hair in SF2, blonde in SFA and brown again in SvC.

Remy isn’t “mysterious”, he’s shallow. The fact that there’s so little detail on his story, like who his father is or why his sister died doesn’t make it interesting, it just makes it seem dumb.

That makes no sense. Remy is far too old for your theory to have merit.

Well, all I’m saying is, they could have made connections to other characters like they did with Q and it would work like a charm. I know his backstory lacks and is bland at best at the moment.

Do we have his year of birth? If not, there’s a chance, I’d say.

Both him and Necro seem strangely short, in theory they should both be taller than Ryu