The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Bison will try, but happiness emanating from her will nullify is Psycho Power. In his surprise, he’ll be caught of guard and slain. No Ginyu time for someone that tries to touch our Kenyan waifu. Not even Gouki could resist it.

I really like Abigail’s personality based on his win quotes and in game animations, but character story Abigail was traaaash!

Gameplay wise, Abigail is the most interesting SF big body ever imo: Post commad grab combos, a counter that can be comboed after, tons of juggle opportunities, long cancelable buttons and really unique anti zoning tools.

I really do hope he returns but I doubt he will.

True. But I also don’t like the way he’s not Hugo.

That they copied from Hugo.

MVCi figures… I didn’t like the pairing

I always wanted a Haggar figure

@Cestus
Your drawings are so very beautiful. Especially the Abigail one. :slight_smile:

FANG’s aesthetics is fine along the side of Menat, Juri and Necali

Honestly I preferred the story mode before to kept Bison hidden and without complete exposure…

and FANG is taking orders from him… like Bison was something like a Doctor Claw in SFV or like Thanos in the first avenger movie

That everything in the story revolves in FANG as the major antagonist like Loki.

while Akuma is more on a shadowy figure that spectates with darkened face like Dio.

So no conclusion, resolution and confrontation between Bison and Akuma other than teasing the audience, while the spotlight is all about the new protagonist and antagonist.

If there would require a boss fight for the two that should be by special conditions that is a what if and not a canon.

I believe even if the story only revolves on Rashid to save his friend and against FANG it would still make sense.

It doesn’t even need to make Nash dead again.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/inspectorgadget/images/7/7e/Claw.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180107140653

adding up dutch and linn

@ES_Curse That’s true, as long as FF is still at large in the SF series, Abigail isn’t going anywhere. But I do think he should return in a SF6 but it’s likely Hugo will.

@The_Shakunetsu The entire story mode is basically several big build ups that go absolutely nowhere or are forgotten.

@The_Shakunetsu It looks like those MvCi figures were treated with the same love and care as the games 3D models :whistle:

Those CFN Side Reader stories are pretty dope. I guess FANG confirmed alive, or are these not canon???

They are canon.

Speaking of canon though, whoever is doing the character attribute spider charts now is definitely not the same guy from vanilla and the first season. How the fuck does Blanka have more points than Ryu? I mean it should’ve been obvious when Abigail and Zeku ended up with more points than Bison, but now this. The shame of it all!

They were always fishy, Juri and Dhalsim had a total of 14 points while Birdie had 16, on par with Ryu and higher than Ken, Chun and Cammy.

And for Zeku, considering he’s an old Bushinryu master, I think he can sits in the same category as Gen, Gouken, Akuma and Bison too, he’s just kinda unproven right now.

This.
Again, spider charts has ever been bullshit, just the same as in Soul Calibur

They have no canon/story relevance and only purpose was offer an overall idea of how X character is stylistically oriented, not necessary in direct comparision with other characters

Juri is understandable to some extent because she did not have the FSE.

Dhalsim not so much, especially since he could take on Necalli. Sim needed to be 17 or 18.

I can understand Birdie being strong, Bison did take an interest in him after all. I don’t know about 16 though like you said. It could be believable.

I don’t think Zeku sits in the same category as SF5 Akuma and SF5 Bison. These guys are at the edge of existence tempting fate to reach this power level. What has Zeku done to suggest he is in this league besides being old?

That’s the thing, these attribute charts aren’t gameplay related obviously. They are just bad canon.

I think for vanilla and S1, they got it more or less right with the exception of a few.

I feel like it’s kinda dumb to count the sum of the points as if every category is valued equally.

That’s like treating the power ratings on the backs of Marvel cards as all being equal. When a 7 in Combat Ability means your a master of all martial arts, but a 7 in Energy Projection means you can blow up planets. Obviously, those two 7s are not equal.

The spider charts are meant as a general indicator of what a character’s strengths and weaknesses are.

Are you guys seriously attributing the spider chart to story/lore? They’re connected at all

Okay do we really need to consider spider charts as canon?

Wait?

What I am saying is my personal preference of the cinematic mode direction for Bison and Akuma before they where even spoiled and known

Well now you’re comparing apples and oranges. To some extent at least.

I mean when Bison has a 5 for power and Zangief has a 5 for power, are they equal? One is arguably the best wrestler on the planet, and the other is the Devil.

This is why the sum points of everyone’s chart is generally a better gauge than each attribute separately.

They are still wildly inaccurate as general indicators. For example how is mobility being measured? Bison can fly, warp, and travel via wormholes - he’s a 4, yet Blanka is a 5.

The surest way to create accurate charts is to establish the upper and lower limits first, like we do in our own headcanon tierlists. Everyone else will fall into place after that. I think for vanilla and S1, that is what they did more or less. Bison was the upper limit with 19, and lower limit was I believe R.Mika at 12.

I don’t think they are canon (but I believe they were intended to be).

I will say this though: If canonicity was a spectrum (and it isn’t), but if it was, then they would be closer to the canon side of it than the non-canon.