The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

But what it is ***Death ***may never die! HAIL!!!

Speaking of the devil

^
More and more are recognizing the M in M.Bison as Master! (also sold!)

Looks like Haggar with a cool personality, which I like.

@Scotia

looks like you’re popular

https://youtu.be/34fspNnZ4cA

We’ll just have to wait and see.

There is still a chance that Capcom will compromised with SF3 Akuma (I’m not also a fan of) .

Oni isn’t still canon confirmed as of now? but him being canon still have a chance of SF3 Akuma as a path

I dislike the loose cannon of being violent, wild and sentimental Akuma in SFV.

I like an Akuma that is ruthless, merciless and dangerous but not wild and loose cannon.

The best Akuma so far portrayed not in-game

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/qkQ5HKi.jpg

And the other best Akuma along with ST (not revival) that was portrayed in-game is CVS2

Spoiler

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/gc/a/cvs3-7.png

Akuma as a *grey man *is an interesting take to further his stories and interaction to other SF regulars (like Dan, Sean, Mika, Elena and etc ) that can just see him as a regular hobo wondering not as a karate superstar, monster or one of the most dangerous existing man in the universe.

While keeping the impactful and intimidating status quo towards the few like of Ryu, Ken, Guy along with experienced master like Oro, Sim, Gouken and etc.

The awareness about Akuma existence not just by having to fought against him but either by sensing his ki or having seen him in an encounter in a past battles with others.

Spoiler

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e15/11423963_799358303513612_1218108402_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTAyNjgwMTY3OTM4ODI0ODU0MQ%3D%3D.2

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/780069720678502400/E1DGTCAw_400x400.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VW3cTYI.jpg

I still like the idea of ST and CVS2 Akuma that is dangerous but not a loose cannon.

Either villains and anti-heroes or anti-villain, Guys like this are interesting designs for Akuma

Like Hawk in Lupin III: The Blood Spray of Ishikawa Goemon

and Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men

Dramatic battle? That’s… a bit too far-fetched IMO. I trust X-Kira. He’s even on my Facebook, but no. There’s no friggin’ way!

Agree

Dramatic Battle is too radical to implement since it wasn’t from the ground up design.

My 2cent =)

Spoiler

-Fang is powerful (enough to get Bison respect) but not THAT powerful
Sure AF he’s dangerous, specially if enemy does’nt know his poison thing
Indeed ASF did a poor portrait of him as fighter… but being a new char ASF is almost everything he is

I can see him win a fight (due poison) with Vega or Rog, but his #2 is a combination of factor… the fact he bring in the whole scientific side with him, him wanting to be the #2 (self proclaimed), and other two not being much focused on that title(also i don’t think theyr ranking is as clear as back to SF2 days)… sure af they don’t seem to respect him, i bet same clash (ASF) with Sagat will have Vega/Rog way less cocky

I think Sagat and also Juri beat him, even kinda easily

Imho Shadaside goes like

M.Bison > Sagat > Juri > Fang(poison) > Vega > Rog > powerdolls> Fang(fighter) > shitdolls

Even if “Fang(fighter)” does’nt make much sense, since poison is literally part of him =)

Still, don’t get me wrong i’m a Fang defender, see when i tell crying Chun crowd she got a good last duel/win getting him as nemesis and doing good while at it.

-While terribly scripted, but i think is implied Necalli is waaay more powerful than Fang, likely even in his base form
From there you go with what is his potential, wich is one of the highest of SF history… dude is 2-3 meal away from being a Boss-level treat
He just lack good writing having him as mini-arc villain

-Is true about the Urien-Sagat gap but i will not exagerate it. Sagat is a ridicolous powerful char himself (when we do the tiers game i say A-Tier), once the Boss of SF1 and likely the most powerful char of that game.
Ryu basically lost to him when SNH gave him the W
On other hand i don’t buy the Urien being equal to Gill (and i prefer Urien), for usual reasons. I think it’s more about Gill selling it like that

Urien’s power is more clear as he goes straight for the destroykill (though i hope he sandbagged/understimated AF in the Chun fight LOL) while the other bro take Ls on purpose saying bravo left and right lol.

Is definitely true tough that Bison got a wider margin over his subordinates, specially in SFV.
Is also true that this is also because Urien/VNash/Kolin are likely a much much powerful group than Fang/Vega/Rog

Also in before grass stage come and disappoint.
SFV does’nt allow dark enough stages to play it well imho, Akuma’s stage already ended up weak af due that

I think it’s plausible. If they did MvCI in the same engine, the scripts should be pretty easy to design. Extra Battle has been in the works for some time, and judging by their priorities it’s probably going to be free like the cinematic story. Hopefully that means they’re looking into more diverse content.

I believe that it is plausible and agree that script can be use if they are in a same engine? Are they in a same engine? but I don’t think that Capcom would go into something like that for a bunch of stuff for just an updates because in that case they’ll rather a bring it into a whole new retail package.

Extra Battle mode is not that technical compare to Dramatic Mode, because it could easily used scripts with functions and triggers that is already done in Cinematic mode.

Also, the 2v2 battles in SFxT should show that it’s reasonably possible. If they can include co-op and 4-player Dramatic Battle online lobbies, then the potential of SFV just got blown sky high.

Necalli is meant to be OP af, but the fact that he was held off by Sim, and beat by Balrog in his story mode ruined this image. Necalli being owned by Bison, Ryu, and Akuma are acceptable and realistic outcomes.

I also disagree on the the Illuminati posse being stronger than the Shadakings sans Urien.

The only product from the Illuminati that is actually OP (besides the brothers) is Twelve. Kolin has just enough power to get the job done, but nothing more. Sure Kolin can make icicles, how fun. Vega would skewer her either way. Zombie Nash is a time bomb, I don’t think he is as strong as he used to be.

Shadaloo at its peak was the single most powerful and terrifying shadow government in the world. The Illuminati aren’t that type of Shadow government. They aren’t militarized, and they were never into producing weapons of mass destruction until Urien came along with a vision that is direct conflict to everything the Illuminati stood for.

In fact, we could even go as far as surmising that the Illuminati were a religious, resourceful, influential but a relatively harmless cult until Gill and Urien came along. They did after all kill the old guard of the Illuminati when they rose to power, and began using the society’s resources as means to their ends (Gill with his jesus complex and Urien to kill Gill and pursue his Nero complex).

Bottomline - Shadaloo is “survival of the strong” manifest. The Illuminati aren’t really into that except arguably when it comes to the pool of candidates they choose their President from (Gill/Urien). Hence, Shadaloo members on average are stronger fighters than members of the Illuminati by a wide margin.

Atlas just looks like Haggar with scars.

SFV Nash should be beyond his previous levels based on his enhancements. The fact that his power can draw a reaction from Ryu’s SnH tells us he’s wielding a power more significant than before. He just didn’t have a chance to utilize said power.

Oh, it reminded me of

https://i.imgur.com/x2tUJ6T.png

Or maybe he’s actually weaker than he was in Alpha because his body is technically dead, he’s been kept alive only on borrowed time through the Illuminati’s technomagical nonsense and his ability to interact with the Satsui no Hado is just the technomagic stuff doing its job.

I think Nash’s status is pretty ambiguous all things considered.

Even after admitting that Nash hasn’t had a chance to master his body due to being dead, Kolin still said Nash’s new power should’ve made him strong enough to handle Bison. Nash doesn’t necessarily disagree with this notion, either. The main problem was that Bison’s Psycho Power continued to rise over time, so the new power Nash had acquired didn’t account for that progressions.

The outcome between Ryu and Nash was shown to be even, and gave both of them a better understanding of the powers they possessed. I find it highly unlikely Nash would be weaker than Alpha 2 Nash and still hang with Ryu in a battle like that. I mean, they weren’t trying to kill each other, but if they did nothing (as in held-back entirely and barely used their power), then the battle wouldn’t have been enlightening for either. Nash needed to know how powerful he was. Ryu needed to know if the power was worth having. Once the battle was finished, Ryu made up his mind and decided to keep fighting with the SnH regardless, while Nash decided to continue on with his quest for revenge.

Outside of that, we’ve seen Nash move with blinding speed to confront Bison, as well as wield the ability to completely absorb energy and presumably add it to his own. I feel like Nash’s main issue was that he never had much time to fully integrate the power. On a basic level, though, I see him being superior to Alpha Nash.

But that brings up the issue of ASF Nash and Character Story Nash/Vs Nash. Both are entirely different in personality and their overall understanding of things. ASF Nash just seems logical and robotic. The other Nash seems to have better awareness to everything that’s taking place around him. Also seems to be more in-depth with his powers compared to ASF Nash.

I feel like if that’s the case, the Illuminati wouldn’t have bothered to resurrect him.

There are other, stronger fighters they could have used to kill Bison if Nash really was weaker than he was before.