The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

From what I gathered from him, newcomers are in the Challengers slot along with Juri and Akuma. Exceptions are Zeku who will go to Alpha, and Kolin who is Illuminati.

This probably just have bit’s of information but not story or probably most to be non-canon like previous arcade mode.

And MVCi’s Arcade mode didn’t have a story and ending so probably we’ll end up the same with SFV’s possible arcade mode inclusion.

Yet I prefer individual ending but I would be okay with a general ending depending whom you confront in the final battle

Too bad Zeku was a potential challenger old man character like how Akuma used too.

He says there will be cutscenes and endings. But I’m not expecting more than mediocre Bengus story mode style cutscenes and endings for it.

As much as I’d make a few changes, I cant fault this mockup much. Seems like it’ll be a really fun well thought out arcade mode, unlike Tekken’s.

Some fanboys still seem to believe that Bison and Gouki actually interacted with each other with the SFIV anime adaption tie-ins saying otherwise…

Bison: “Nonsense.”

From someone that is a more Bison fan than a very least Akuma fan.

I still want for the last time the last that Akuma pawns Bison in this timeline but as a what if encounter.

Because it’s kinda underwelming for Necali to do it, Necali is always been a filler character to build up Ryu as a temporary substitute for Akuma and to avoid Akuma character to be meh. Necali is the worst equivalent of Seth to Bison. The other reason was for the nostalgic purposes. Seeing both cinematic mode and arcade mode final boses reccur at the same time will just clearly state that the other is superior canon. Than having arcade mode another extention of the individual story. Arcade mode can also provide depths in encounter in cinematic mode for those that lack spotlight but not for the final battle to be consider.

I want the cinematic mode as the official event as of now that leaves Bison to recovery state and not being beaten again just to show uo in future SF titles. While the arcade mode would just serves as what if alternative events with flashbacks and recent time that every information and encounter in it doesn’t need to be canon other than a retold what if and recent events from flashback memories and a different take of the Final Battle of cinematic mode.

This arcade mode isn’t canon but Bison deserved a Shin Form this game more than anyone. This was meant to be his bow out as a final boss character, and it should be a final Bison.

It was going to happen too were it not for those meddling kids.

Maybe they are saving it for ASF:DC.

They could reused animation thats already in the game then convert it to a more akin SFA3 Final Psycho Crusher!!

This would worked well with the teleport that is found in Bison.

For how i see it Nash can be considered “illuminati”… i mean he got resurrected by them, part of his body is made of Illuminati tech material, got his forehead gem (like Gill/Urien) and Illuminati energy powers. Also while personal as fuck he’s on a mission to kill Bison, wich is in line with Illuminati design.

Sure one can say that at some point he “left” them to join old friends in hero team, but after all he still attempted to fullfil the mission he was supposed to

And after all, if having a personal goal or lack of loyality were factors, on opposite team it will invalidate shadakings too… Rog was lying, planning betrayal and even meet Urien (he also planned something with Birdie back to SFA iirc), also Vega while not betraying the org spent his time being Cammy’s ass stalker (can’t blame him) instead do more useful stuff for the org.
And of course Urien wish to destroy everything and Sagat ragequitted some games ago

At the end only truly loyal ones are Kolin and Fang

For how i see it, by SFV time as opponents Nash, Kolin, Urien and (in theory) Gill can be easily considered the Illuminati counterpart of Shadakings

A difference is that instead #2 and #3, Urien and Kolin are like different types of #2.
Urien is strong, indipendent and proud #2 like Sagat was (very different character though), with the aura of somebody that could be a #1 himself.
Also he distance himself from Gill’s plan, while Sagat left Bison’s org
Kolin fit more the worshipping loyal servant type of #2 like Fang is

Juri looked also to be a “freelance”, but still kinda involved… like, more than Rashid.
We see she know Kolin from longer time than Rashid and even take the task of test him like Urien does with Nash

I think if we want do a comparision

Bison/Gill - #1 Boss
Sagat/Urien - #2* second most powerful, rebel to
Fang/Kolin - #2 as the most dedicated and loyal, not necessary powerful
Vega/Nash - #3 kinda important piece as a tool, but follow his own will
Rog/Juri - #4 basically no loyalty at all, it’s there as long it benefit

FANG is actually very powerful, like Necalli - but he wasn’t presented as such during ASF.

Also the power disparity between Sagat and Urien isn’t the same.

Urien is as powerful as Gill but mentally unstable.

Bison on the other hand is stronger than the other 3 kings combined.

Fang isn’t threatened and intimidated by other shadaloo kings that impression made him some what worth as a default boss.

The have the same impression of horror type boss along with Necali. Like when Fang turned Rashid friend into ashes while Necali does consume his victims. This made both characters terrifying and horrific similar feel to how DBZ cell was I like that kind of villain.

The others like Bison to be menancing and powerful.

While Urien is powerful also but kinda dangerous with his temper.

I want Akuma back to be mysterious and dangerous persona in SF universe that didn’t give a fck and sht to everyone else.

Sagat is deserving to be a midboss battle independent to the rest of bosses like Necali and Akuma. Zeku has potential too.

Interesting thing about the 4 Kings format is that it also applies to the Mad Gear Gang in FF1.

• Bison/Belger
  • Sagat/Abigail
  • FANG/Sodom
  • Vega/Rolento
  • Balrog/Damnd (or Edi E.)

Too late for that. He’s overexposed, and everything that made him dangerous has been retconned. He’s now the angry cave troll version of Darth Vader.

So basically this guy.

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2012/10/the_cave.jpg

Atlas

Atlas looks awesome.

I love the color scheme. The color balance is on par with a solid superhero design. Thumbs up right back at him!

There is still a bit of fix on that before jumping on SF3 timeline.

By puting Akuma in a way that what he used to believed was not what it seems. The key to that is Gouken like making Akuma felt a fool by himself that he gave in to SNH and that SNH is something that he didn’t know the full nature which makes him betray himself and accepting his fate. Something like a curse or a limitation that will destroy him internally. That would probably change his perspective in SNH and his ways to more that what he should supposed to be in the past.

Trauma is a good character manipulator and there is no other thing that can change Akuma other than SNH.

I used to write something about this last year.

Akuma in SF3 has been retconned.

The next time we see Akuma, he will be weeks or months Pre-Oni and it will in Post-3S.

@DarthEnder
Missed that post.
It’s so true.

But even if they did’nt wanted go that far to change method of work, it will be appreciated at least some minimal fuck given about quality… i mean, again

Nostalgia Alex was (with Ibuki) an huge anticipated Alt with fans asking it for a year while caplol replied giving stripper firefighter alt nobody ever asked for lol.
At the moment of announcement one year before it looked ready or almost ready, already textured and all.

It’s like the 3D modeller (or capcom) did’nt even bothered try it ingame on actual standard stance animation (lol) instead just the crucifix/stickintheass classic 3D model pose

I mean just a super quick look show the ponytail goes straight under the collar and reappear in the middle of the back LOL
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFnRRJRUMAEQlKy.jpg

One year, probably the most anticipated/reuested alt of the game lol

Atlas

His trained body is his weapon.
The whole town fears him for his violent attitude.
He drinks right from the morning
and is a troublesome fellow, who immediately comes to hug you¹.

Name: Atlas
Height: 201cm
Weight: 120kg
Blood Type: 0
Birthday: June, 22
Country of Origin: USA
Favorite things: Hot Women, Alcohol
Dislikes: Work

He played American football at the university
and was a promising player.
Also had interest in combat sports
and began to train in wrestling and sambo.
Unfortunately, due to a car accident
his professional sports carrer came to a halt.
Nowadays, he indulges in alcohol and violence.

¹ In FF2 Atlas did a very annoying Bear Hug.

Yeah, Right you missed that post CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

@Daemos

I know that thing is likely on what information we have now but there still no guarantee that SF3 will retcon Akuma to what we knew today.