The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

To deny one’s nephew the greatest sight in the whole of creation, the most immaculate, pure and perfect of things!
You, sire, have my scorn.

Nash’s attack should have switched Bison to his story costume.

What kind of uncle deprives his precious nephew of

Spoiler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CerV9GZWEAApe1y.jpg

I like how all seem surprised af at it as if we never seen Ryu picked as the man to do the job, in most jap related media

SF2 anime Ryu&Ken defeat Bison (Ryu does more damage to him)
SF2 manga Ryu defeat Bison
SF2 V anime Ryu defeat Bison

But not counting media, even in games it was foreshadowed by Rose in SF4, who don’t want let him risk his life against Seth, because he will be “the last hope” after (in SFV) versus the real enemy (Bison)

Even in SFV the very reason Ryu is left out of most ASF story is he must train to solve his SnH bullshit, git gud and become finally the ultimate good guys secret weapon
The entire character of Necalli in ASF exist to give him a final test to finally fix his shit

Also it’s not about who have the most personal reason to fight Bison, but who have the power to stop him.
It was either Ryu or Nash, they picked Ryu

Making him lose to some can like Chun or Guile will have been a disservice to a legendary Boss at his Last Chapter.

And tbh Ryu NOT having a personal reason made him a good “hero” for the role giving his win a greater meaning, as he is’nt doing it for petty personal revenge but he’s destroying Bison for everybody.

“It’s the power to move forward” mean move the world forward, beyond Bison.
Ryu having or not shit to settle with him does’nt matter in the greater scheme of things

It’s not a coincidence they’re (Chun and Guile) the two ones leaving the building with Ryu, they got justice at the end and they was there when it’s happened

Chun was a waste in ASF let’s not gloss that over. They didnt want to do a “disservice” to Bison but they certainly did to her over and over again.

Agree Ryu is conditioned and prepared to us to beat Bison but there is no such emotional transition that justify Nash death, Guile didn’t had that part and fight the death of Nash is acceptable to him but it should not be the same with Bison and the fate of the world.

He should had worked along with Ryu. The tarot divination giving the future possibilities by using symbolism through card arrangement isn’t set in to stone unlike prophecies. Possibilities can be 3 like that from I knew that correspond in the certain action you or other does to find results. It just give you a more wider perspective to know other forces beyond your control that would intervene your preference.

Divination can either make people oppressive, protective and manipulative to others to justify the results of their priorities and preferences. It an always make someone depress and hopeless depending how a person think and deal with the result he gets from the divination.

So that why Rose would rather guide Ryu and isn’t confident unlike Gill. We all know the Rose’s foreshadowing of Bison demise in the hand of Ryu was her own knowledge. I know A3 Nash event was erase but after seeing Nash sacrifice didn’t even scratch Bison or remove his hat.

So why is Guile confident with this Ryu? when the knowledge was just Rose awareness alone. Combined efforts was the right transition after Nash’s death and Ryu could always deliver the final blow. They are dealing with a Madman with the fate of the world at stake and he just saw in front of him the guy that is better than him that thought him which is already empowered and sacrificed everything but Bison’s Hat didn’t even separate from Bison. That guy that just dies there was his long time friend that all the plot of him from against Shadaloo revolves and about that guy.

The thing is always think that this fictional characters didn’t have the same amount of awareness and perspective like we do and expect. Thinking like we are Rose, Guile, Bison or etc without the third perspective would make things more realistic and right not staged without biases.

None of this matters anymore now that Dragon Ball Fighter Z has perfected fighting games.

I know this is a bit off the current topic but has anyone ever wondered why E. Honda has an extra bone on his head during every shocked animation he’s ever had?

Presumably, it’s what he uses to hold his hair in place.

… I’m not even going to bother.

I think that was the intention but they probably wanted both Ryu and Bison to look good for their final encounter. I would’ve kept Bison’s story costume for a ‘Round 2’ scenario with Ryu.

It’s a chicken bone mentioned in some old source. It appears somewhere in the plot guide and Capcom recently wrote about it again as well.

He probably got a bone made hair-clip to keep together his sumo haircut, before everything started being made with plastic, animal bones were not an uncommon material for objects

Chun got a decent arc, it don’t meeting whoever expectation is kinda irrelevant

More or less

-she take part as very involved figure on the operations to bring down shadaloo
-she attack Bison and get squashed as it’s supposed to happen to 90% (or more) of SF cast
-she lose a quick fight to Rashid, who’s a decent fighter anyway and it can happen (and tbh Ryu himself lose twice in ASF so cry me a river)
-she’s with the ones that kick in the face shadasoldiers, being one of the ones that advanced most inside the base
-she one-side-beating defeat Fang, the #2 Shadaloo King and a dangerous opponent, showing great skill and totally outplaying him
-she save the little girl
-she’s with Guile the other character that capcom wanted there with Ryu when shadaloo was crumbling, symbolizing that they finally got justice and that even if Ryu was the sword that bring down Bison, others had a role too.
Example Ryu can straight reach Bison for the final clash because other characters have removed obstacles like Fang, PPowered Dolls, PPowered Abel, shadaloo soldiers…
…well, if Rog and Vega acted as last line guardians as they was supposed to do, some not-Ryu character will have took the task to face them too.

Peoples seem insist on Chun getting shit as if she was locked in the kitchen, when it’s far from true and proving by… well, facts

She’s an respectably high B tier char and her arc more or less reflect it

The canon plot not meeting your mental fanfiction does’nt mean the char got a disservice lol

If we want speak about characters that actually got various shades of shit i can present you GUILE, Birdie, Ken, Guile, Necalli, Laura, Rog, and also Guile

That was definitely the plan, as we didn’t see Bison’s story costume being used anywhere, but like everything else with this game, we got a rushed story that failed in many aspects, every single thing about Nash being the biggest failure.

I love how Ken is just standing in the background probably thinking “Bitches be crazy, I dunno what the hell is going on”

Hope we get a new sumo in SFV. So sick of Honda. How about a black or hawaiian guy instead?

Obviously. Who else is going to carry the story if not her and her friends? Ryu?

She attacks Bison blindly and accomplishes nothing. It happened for the sole purposes of having Bison squash someone and pretending her character evolves through ASF. She was used as a cheap tool for clumsy plot devices.

Nothing to complain about here. She was injured on top of that, so it’s perfectly fine to lose to Rashid. No Chun Li fan complains about this, really, but it just adds to the rest.

Obviously. Who else is going to carry the story if not her and her friends? Ryu?

Fang, who had been outfought by Ken and Karin in the past, and had just been beaten and fell to death by Rashid and Marz, and who starts the fight with reduced health in extra mode to remind us he’s injured. Such a prize.

And being saved by Ryu just to show us how awesome he is.

Problem is her character has an A tier story and she’s treated as a B tier character while carrying the weight of the story, all just to promote a character with D tier story as the greatest hero. That’s the disservice.

Not going to disagree with that at all, but I’ll let more dedicated Guile fans be the ones to complain. I’ve got a lot to complain about Chun Li already.

What a disaster they did with him. His only job was to be Ryu’s opponent for this game while some character with an actual story got to beat Bison. All wasted.

Ryu and Bison having theyr 1v1 final fight is anime narrative, accept it is essential to understand 99,9% of bullshit that happen in SF universe

Like why Bison is the #1 terrorist who treat the world with a global scale menace, and “the world” reply with a private chopter filled with 8-9 martial artists that will try to stop him with punch and kicks lol.

You have to pretend 100% (or 90%) realism and then SF is’nt for you, or you have to embrace the fact that they will take HUGE anime romanticization freedom whenever they want

Keeping that perspective, the entire ASF was a build up for theyr final clash

Ryu start powerful, but still not powerful enough to defeat Bison/save the world
Bison start powerful AF, but still not powerful enough to conquer the world

Ryu does his spiritual training to power-up
Bison get his Moons thing to power-up

Before theyr duel they even had both a “semi-boss” fight with two more or less equivalent opponents in Necalli (Ryu) and Nash (Bison), and keeping the symmetry going on both Nec/Nash were sent to kill them.
Well, in Bison’s case Nec could have either killed Ryu or failed, proving that Ryu was worth for theyr final clash, but you get it.

They both fully pass that test, proving to be in a league of theyr own above others characters* and to deserve each other

Then at that point you got the grand final

It’s a pretty anime way and i think it fit the spirit of a game that essentially is based on 1v1 martial arts fights

They wanted give to the Ryu vs Bison the vibe of HNK Ken vs Raoh

Ken does’nt ask his firends/allies to tag team and all together jump Raoh, during the arc they (Toki, Rei, Fudo, Juza) 1v1 challenge the King of Hokuto and die lol

It’s a romaticize naive jap/anime way to tell a story, but to be fucking honest i prefer that way over see a jap game like SF bend to western type of story telling… and if we have to be real ASF as a whole felt already too much like a crappy GiJoe episode mixed with the marvel’s avengers parody

*the ones directly involved. Like Urien and Gill chosen to stay out, Akuma still is’nt arrived, other greats as Oro or Gouken are’nt in ASF plot

Some stage ideas/concepts around the Kanzuki Family House.

You can almost ear the wierdo ASF director “hey Ken get the fuck out of the camera, that’s the Karin’s Show!” with annoying piercing voice