The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

You mean like this?

http://i.imgur.com/MxZNkCf.gif

Shhh…Sakura can’t know. It will break her heart. I mean it’s obvious to everyone else, Sakura can’t find Ryu. Karin needs him and sends one of her underlings to his direct location. Karin violently removes anyone from her property uninvited. Ryu is allowed to be at her premises without supervision. Poor Sakura…

It’s not what you think @bakfromon , Ken just realized that his best friend has been hooking up with a female version of himself and it freaked him out. Poor bastard was instantly mind fucked.

Eliza: “ahahaha”

Ken: “What’s so funny?”

Eliza: “I just realized something. Ryu’s lady friend is blonde, Japanese, incredibly rich, loves to wear red, and is obsessed with being the best fighter in world”

Ken: “And…”

Eliza: “It’s almost like he’s dating you sweetie.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmONPmNWIAEQKan.jpg

Kens face is 100% “I fucked up. I missed my chance” in that picture.

I know that’s a joke, but honestly Karin is one of the few SF women who I’m sure could be okay with Ryu’s “fly and fight” lifestyle. Both from her resources letting her easily keep tabs on him and know when/if he’s ahem… chasing foreign women, and empathy with his quest for self-improvement. Others like Chun-Li (who’s been paired with Ryu a bunch in fandom) wouldn’t be so accepting.

Ken is the only person for Ryu.

On second though, Bison wants to be inside Ryu and Necalli wants to eat him. So maybe there’s plenty of Ryu to go around.

Yeah, it’s a really cool World Warriors reunion moment…and also Karin trying desperately to get over.

ASF had it’s moments

http://i.imgur.com/dvuIzYI.gif

That subliminal message, though.

Agree. Even in the anticipation thread Rosso always slip-in. Cestus is trying to subconsciously make us want Rosso with that awesome move.

While Capcom makes us subliminally dislike Ken…

I can’t deal with Street Fighter with too little returning characters. I love majority of the Alpha cast. Especially Rose, R.Mika, Sakura, and Sodom. I also do like the idea of Neo Shadoloo. I just hope Capcom can execute the story well. Course I would love stories dealing with antagonist that aren’t Gill, Bison, or Ed depending what kind of person he decides to be.

Chun-Li: "No Cammy, I don’t care if you saved my life from Bison, I’m not going to touch that until you explain to me where you were keeping that thing"
Silly Chinese cop, she doesn’t know anything about the British Special Forces Secret Ways for Hiding Things.
This, among many other reasons, is why she’ll always be an amateur compared to real n.1 Street Fighting woman. B)

In a way I’m a bit disappointed that Cammy wasn’t there to share those World Warrior reunion moments or the final escape from Shadaloo base, but she got to be the protagonist of her own plot arc instead and, unlike other veteran characters, actually managed to get her stuff done. She also got moderately cool moments, like when she saved Chun or even after having been beaten by Vega in the London stage she stood up and did a Spiral Arrow to his face. There was no shortage of nice moments.
Maybe she could have been handled better but, looking at how some other characters were handled and aside from not getting proper comeuppance on Vega, I really can’t complain.

Fang and Necali possibly be the latter then after Gill fall would be Urien…

How come Cammy’s front goes undetected by the ban hammer, while her bottom is censored for SFV? I mean, just look at… that!

Eh, yeah, that’s his ability sure, but they didn’t show any real reaction from Bison that the absorption did much to him in the final battle. With Guile he saw his iconic projectile shredded and turned into little sparks and absorbed and Abel was wide-eyed, gasping and exhaused. To be fair, Bison did react before the explosion, but in no time at all (not even a little stagger, he’s out of the smoke, glowing, and laughs.

I’m looking at this and if it was me, I’d add a second of a reaction or something, but as the smoke clears, Bison confidently strides out looking none the worse for wear. The costume would have majorly helped to sell something, but it looks like a wasted sacrifice, especially with the way he just walks over his iconic dogtag afterwards too.

It’s a world of difference between being subtle and not putting any markers, and they went for the latter. We’re the guys who look at the most minute details, so we could infer that Charlie’s absorption had an affect on Bison, but for the general audience there’s nothing to hint that any of the previous examples listed had an affect on him that helped Ryu to victory.

If I had to keep everything the same in terms of major events and have only the smallest freedom to mix it up, I would have done it by having the smoke clear, show Chun Li and Guile’s reactions, and then a cut to Bison. He’s standing upright, he slightly grimaces, maybe shakes his head slightly, then puts on his smiling face before fighting Ryu.

It’s not much, but it could at least say, “yeah, he didn’t just confidently tank that with zero damage”, also with Ryu, there’s nothing really there. He just beats him and roll credits. No noticing something’s off, no slight huffing and puffing. Just typical stoic Ryu. It’s like that old meme of showing the same picture of a person with one expression on their face while a caption of different emotions is above their head.

Absolutely. I overall really enjoyed ASF and loved seeing all the characters get to organically move and interact (not just text scrolling while they’re in their standing animations), but moments like that got me. I LOVED the team all getting together and jumping out of the helicopter too. It felt like the last couple of episodes into an arc of an anime. (in a good way).

Cammy’s look for this game made me actually feel uncomfortable :confused: Couldn’t play this with my nephew :confused:

There was also the mutual respect between Nash and Guile right before Nash’s battle with Bison that was well-timed.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/dMozQ0P.gif

For the most part, Nash and Guile’s reactions towards one another were rather…uninspired. I was hoping the sight of Nash’s dog-tags would’ve drawn a stronger reaction out of him.

But that moment in the Shadaloo base at least demonstrated the amount of respect the 2 still had, regardless of what vessel Nash was utilizing. He gave Guile that strong stare that basically communicated, “Let me handle Bison. This is my battle”, and Guile understood the importance that came with the message. The safer option would’ve been a 4-on-1 scenario, but Guile gave Nash the go ahead to carry out his final mission.

In Alpha 3, Guile and Nash end up fighting each other because both wanted to handle Bison alone. Eventually they realized that working together was a better option. This time, however, Guile was willing to not intervene even though he also hated Bison.

What, if anything. Charlie’s attack did to Bison should have been made clear.

Story-telling fail.

I would have been okay if Bison was left dazed and somewhat tired or weakened, even briefly, after Nash’s attack, loosing confidence before facing Ryu… but nope, he comes out laughing like a boss, like Nash’s attack was a joke.

I guess everything was just to give Ryu the spotlight and all the glory of defeating the “superpowerful Bison”, but… Ryu vs Bison?? That wasn’t even a real rivalry or anything. I didn’t like that.

Sorry if this is wrong, or already covered… but talking of Nash, ASF, and such, I liked the way Guile always called him Charlie.

In fact, iirc, Abel never heard anybody call him Nash, but once he absorbed Abel’s psycho power and wandered off, Abel looked to as though to recognise him, and said “… Nash?”

I get there might be nothing to that, but the surprised and recognising tone of Abel couldn’t be anything other than deliberate IMO.